Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time for Kieta Bates-Diop and Gorgui Dieng to step it up, 2 players who have shown as much as Samanic if not more. When those two play it seems like they are playing for their jobs next year which is a good thing. Luka with all his supposed talent seems rather disinterested a lot of the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Diop ain’t an NBA player.
    Luka has not proven he is either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Samanic on possibly any other team would've at least gained some PT under his belt.

His 356 total minutes are surpassed by the four players drafted after him by multiples of 6. And those aren't bad teams mostly. Whoever Bazley is for Utah I'm guessing he's a rotational player who's contributed to their #1 seed standing.
    Doesn't his coach have something to do with him not measuring up to his 2019 peers, as painful as that's to admit for some Spurs fans.

His injury is just another lousy notch to add to this season of watching Mills and Gay soap up rotational minutes all season long with their poor play never playing a factor in PT.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Samanic on possibly any other team would've at least gained some PT under his belt.

His 356 total minutes are surpassed by the four players drafted after him by multiples of 6. And those aren't bad teams mostly. Whoever Bazley is for Utah I'm guessing he's a rotational player who's contributed to their #1 seed standing.
    Doesn't his coach have something to do with him not measuring up to his 2019 peers, as painful as that's to admit for some Spurs fans.

His injury is just another lousy notch to add to this season of watching Mills and Gay soap up rotational minutes all season long with their poor play never playing a factor in PT.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count

The top 5 picks have the five best numbers. Who woulda thought? And there are still Spurs fans against tanking for a top 5 pick when this franchise was built on those types of players(DRob and TD).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darn he would’ve probably started the last two games too. T.T

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The top 5 picks have the five best numbers. Who woulda thought? And there are still Spurs fans against tanking for a top 5 pick when this franchise was built on those types of players(DRob and TD).
    as if these past few drafts have had a tim or david (and, no, Zion ain't in that atmosphere).

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    as if these past few drafts have had a tim or david (and, no, Zion ain't in that atmosphere).
    Better than drafting middling youngsters with role player ceilings. That's what treadmill picks land you.

Also, the good Luka was drafted with the 3rd pick just three years ago. He's going to be the Mavs franchise player for the next 15 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Haha bazley is on okc and he's horrible

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought Luka was pretty decent when he's actually played. Agressive, flashed good defense, and some court awareness. Not sure where this reputation for disinterest comes from. Wish Pop had given him more opportunity and this setback is a shame.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    look at keldon's numbers. pop would play luka if he was ready

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No Pop is just a and a ty coach

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    look at keldon's numbers. pop would play luka if he was ready
    Pop only played Keldon because of injuries to other Spurs last year...before that he was in the g-league...every young player pip has played was because he was forced to due to injury

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sucks he’s hurt. He’d probably finally get some playing time these last few games with the Spurs locked into the NiT. I am really getting sour on Pop with his playing time towards Patty and not playing younger players. I mean he couldn’t help himself last night with constantly subbing in Patty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I agree with Pop. People want him to play so bad but its obvious he isn't ready.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Said it was good for him to get G League time." Luka played 6 games in the G league this year, for a total of 196 minutes.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with Pop. People want him to play so bad but its obvious he isn't ready.
    Playing basketball is a good way to improve. Just throwing out ideas. It’s helped LW and he’s not exactly great either right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playing basketball is a good way to improve. Just throwing out ideas. It’s helped LW and he’s not exactly great either right now.
    If we had a traditional G-league he'd get all the playing time in the world. He just isn't better than the guys in front of him and Pop, nor any serious coach is going to jeopardize games to cater to a player with huge question marks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really Pop ? Too young...needs more time. Maybe you should have considered that before you drafted him 2 years ago. I know he doesnt play much except in garbage time and on occasion when pop tinkers with the lineup. He appears overmatched when he plays against starters and some 2nd teamers but with his "talent and skill set" he should be able to dominate the scrubs in garbage time but doesnt.

The spurs have a pretty good reputation for for drafting players that tend to exceed their draft position (like KJ) but unfortunately it seems Luka isnt one of them at least not yet. Hopefully at this time next year Pop wont be saying that Luka is young and needs some more time to develop. At that point Luka will look like a bad pick, however whoever picked him will also look bad. Lets hope something changes before the end of next year.

Lets be totally honest. Samanic didn't make a difference at all last year, didn't make much of a difference this season and probably would not have played in a playoff game unless the spurs were down 20 points with 5 minutes left to go in the game. With pop you earn your playing time.

With this injury, it may give Luka and the spurs time to reflect on the choices made and choices that need to be made for next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't know how you embedded that table from basketball-reference.com, but if you do the same for the 2015 draft you'll get another interesting result in terms of first round minutes. (Hint: it also involves the Spurs.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really Pop ? Too young...needs more time. Maybe you should have considered that before you drafted him 2 years ago. I know he doesnt play much except in garbage time and on occasion when pop tinkers with the lineup. He appears overmatched when he plays against starters and some 2nd teamers but with his "talent and skill set" he should be able to dominate the scrubs in garbage time but doesnt.

The spurs have a pretty good reputation for for drafting players that tend to exceed their draft position (like KJ) but unfortunately it seems Luka isnt one of them at least not yet. Hopefully at this time next year Pop wont be saying that Luka is young and needs some more time to develop. At that point Luka will look like a bad pick, however whoever picked him will also look bad. Lets hope something changes before the end of next year.

Lets be totally honest. Samanic didn't make a difference at all last year, didn't make much of a difference this season and probably would not have played in a playoff game unless the spurs were down 20 points with 5 minutes left to go in the game. With pop you earn your playing time.

With this injury, it may give Luka and the spurs time to reflect on the choices made and choices that need to be made for next season.
    There is no reflection with PATFO. If Luka flops there will be little to no accountability from PATFO. Picking Luka at 19 was somewhat of a heat check after a string of solid first rounders. Our drafting track record is still sound but this pick is looking iffy at best. Drafting a guy two years away from being two years away at #19 is easier to swallow when you are a perennial contender with 3 HOFers than when you are a 3-4 more losing seasons to being relocated. We probably could have landed him in the 2nd round.

The other thing to consider is not all players thrive in our environment. He may be better positioned to develop and realize his potential elsewhere and I suspect if he still is in the NBA in 5 years it wont be here.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we had a traditional G-league he'd get all the playing time in the world. He just isn't better than the guys in front of him and Pop, nor any serious coach is going to jeopardize games to cater to a player with huge question marks.
    Well, if you’re expecting to make a big push in the playoffs this year, then I see your point. Our PF is pretty locked up with Gay’s excellent play, as well as Keldon playing out of position. I can see how there wasn’t any room for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gay's excellent play? WTF.

Thread Information