Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    tv: ESPN
    where: Reser Stadium, Corvallis
    when: 7pm MT sept. 25

thoughts: last time SC went to Corvallis they lost...not happening this year

prediction: SC 53 OSU 17 ...aka, tlong hits the alarm clock.

Post Count
    Mark Sanchez is a lot better than John David Booty even thought I thought he was a good guy.

One for the Thumb
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Capt. obvious strikes again. Hey, I think the shirts are going to beat the skins=relevance of jgw's post.

6 feet jgw, 6 frickin' feet.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    USC Trojans
    Post Count
    Today is wednesday right?

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    greatness.

i am...impressed. when did you turn the corner?

Capt. obvious strikes again. Hey, I think the shirts are going to beat the skins=relevance of jgw's post.

6 feet jgw, 6 frickin' feet.
    in an age where loyalty, patience and perseverance are a distant second to instant gratification, ballcox emerges. he knows not of what he speaks...only that he is compelled to do so, even when truth and progress slap him in the face.

My Team
    Oregon State Beavers
    Post Count
    You are WACK if you think SC is going to into Corvallis and blow the Beavs out! We are going to give your boys a Quizz!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    tv: ESPN
    where: Reser Stadium, Corvallis
    when: 7pm MT sept. 25

thoughts: last time SC went to Corvallis they lost...not happening this year

prediction: SC 53 OSU 17 ...aka, tlong hits the alarm clock.
    I think the Beavs can cover the 25 point spread. They haven't played in two weeks and I bet Riley has coached them up the whole time regarding the Trojans. I'm not a Oregon State nuthugger by any means but Mike Riley is a uva good coach. He spent some time at USC if I recall correctly - right before he took the OSU job the first time.

Anyway, I wouldn't be shocked if they lose big but I think a confidence building win over Hawaii plus the off week may help them here. I like their midget roly-poly QB a lot - he's like Todd Reesing except sixty pounds heavier. SC struggles a couple of times a year for some strange reason and I can see this and Stanford being their two rough games (both roadies) since they get Oregon and ASU at home.

I think the Beavs can cover the 25 point spread. They haven't played in two weeks and I bet Riley has coached them up the whole time regarding the Trojans. I'm not a Oregon State nuthugger by any means but Mike Riley is a uva good coach. He spent some time at USC if I recall correctly - right before he took the OSU job the first time.

Anyway, I wouldn't be shocked if they lose big but I think a confidence building win over Hawaii plus the off week may help them here. I like their midget roly-poly QB a lot - he's like Todd Reesing except sixty pounds heavier. SC struggles a couple of times a year for some strange reason and I can see this and Stanford being their two rough games (both roadies) since they get Oregon and ASU at home.
    normally, i would agree with that. but...

1. SC hasn't played in 2 weeks
    2. SC lost last time they were in Corvallis
    3. Carroll has this team conscious of their previous slip ups against inferior pac-10 teams

...while that doesn't necessarily = an SC blowout, i have a feeling it will.

You are WACK if you think SC is going to into Corvallis and blow the Beavs out! We are going to give your boys a Quizz!
    you already predicted Oregon/Oregon State (i don't remember which one) to beat SC...hit the alarm clock old man.

although...oregon state has won 2 of the last 33. so...thats good.

Post Count
    Mike Riley is a uva good coach. He spent some time at USC if I recall correctly - right before he took the OSU job the first time.
    you are correct. usc later went after him, before carroll. many people preferred him.

osu has a nice running back from texas too (jacquizz)... but i still don't think that helps them much. i expect a big win. this team is alot more focused than last year's team or even the year before that. i think sanchez is really responsible because he brings the hard work and emotion. anyway, i suppose this game could be closer because it is a thursday night game which is unusual, and they've had time to prepare. but i still look for arizona to be the toughest game (as i stated in the pick your team's record thread). they have played sc tough the past few times.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    35-14 Usc..............

My Team
    Oklahoma State Cowboys
    Post Count
    I still think SC covers.

My Team
    Oregon State Beavers
    Post Count
    It's going to be UNBEAVABLE!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    It's going to be UNBEAVABLE!
    Yes it is...the beat down SC is going to hand out will be UnBeavable!

Hunker down you hairy Dawgs! romad_20's Avatar
    My Team
    Georgia Bulldogs
    Post Count
    I can see this and Stanford being their two rough games

rough?!?!?!

weather seems to be holding up...looks like it will be clear throughout the game as well.

if i had to pick 2 games i think SC might struggle in, it would be Cal and @ uchla...depending on how uchla's season turns. with all the talk about oregon, arizona, and arizona state...i just don't see those games being anything but speed bumps.

that being said, nobody knows how to beat SC better than the Pac 10. our schedule would be easier if it was littered with non-conference top 25 teams...seriously.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    USC Trojans
    Post Count
    Don't let this be one of those games we have every year.

My Team
    USC Trojans
    Post Count
    . Don't choke, SC

My Team
    Michigan Wolverines
    Post Count
    Interesting game so far.

Oh ....14-0 Beavers.
    It's F'n Christmas in September?

Hunker down you hairy Dawgs! romad_20's Avatar