Page 55 of 74 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1846
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the leader of the opposition party controlling the House may well be able to pass an “explicit House authorization for the lawsuit” Boehner anticipates filing. After all, how hard is it to get a bunch of congressional Republicans to agree that punting to the courts is easier than rolling up their sleeves and doing their jobs? (See, e.g., Obamacare.)

Boehner’s problem is not that Congress lacks a responsive arsenal. It is that he is afraid of the administration and press criticism attendant to using it. That’s a political problem, not a legal problem.

Boehner and Beltway Republicans are essentially saying, “We can’t use our power because Obama and his media friends would say mean things about us. But our lunatic conservative base is demanding action. So let us file a lawsuit so we can say we did something. Who knows . . . maybe in a year or two we’ll get lucky and get a favorable ruling against Obama that can’t be enforced without Obama’s help.”

Now that’s leadership!
    same

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Repug MISgovernance, All Politics, All The Time

How about a Congressional vote on authorizing more $Bs for the Repugs' botched, illegal wars in Repug-broken M/E and Lost_Another_War_istan?

nah, that would be Repug Congress assuming its exclusive war-making responsibility.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about a Congressional vote on authorizing more $Bs for the Repugs' botched, illegal wars in Repug-broken M/E and Lost_Another_War_istan?
    no need for that when Obama is doing the heavy lifting:

President Obama decided in recent weeks to authorize a more expansive mission for the military in Afghanistan in 2015 than originally planned, a move that ensures American troops will have a direct role in fighting in the war-ravaged country for at least another year.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/22/us...mbat.html?_r=0

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no need for that when Obama is doing the heavy lifting:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/22/us...mbat.html?_r=0
    For Iraq he won't send the $1.5B or whatever the military is asking for unless war-making-authority Congress authorizes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obama wants political cover for Iraq. Doesn't want sole ownership of that quagmire.

By contrast, he's perfectly willing to do the drone wars all on his own.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Iraq war was declared over, US combat role terminated.

Not so for Afghanistan.

I love how he's putting Boner/McConnell/tea baggers' feet to the fire over Repugs' broken Iraq. They've been ing about the lawless President, so he asks them to follow the Cons ution and exercise their war-making powers. Nice move!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Transparently duplicitous would be a more accurate description.

Obama is fine with authorizing drone strikes in half a dozen countries and extending the war in Afghanistan another year in secret, but wrings his hands in public about Congressional war powers when it comes to Iraq.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember it was dubya and head and their Unitary Executive, and never-ending Global War on Terrorism that they claimed was had been declared by Congress, so dubya was free to conduct it as he never-ending-ly pleased.

If Obama had asked Congress to approve airstrikes on ISIS, he'd still be waiting.

They ed about his "lawlessness", so now he says, "ok mother ers, vote on it". and he's STILL waiting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congressional Republicans allergy to governing is right up there with the President's two-facedness as a thing to dislike about the present political atmosphere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there's electoral cunning on both sides of that, to be sure, somewhat undercut -- imho --by tacit contempt for the governed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas is the biggest "get" left for the program, which is expected to account for roughly half of the law's health coverage expansion. More than 1 million people have been left without insurance under Obamacare because outgoing Gov. Rick Perry (R) refused to expand Medicaid. That would make it a huge coup for ACA supporters: Texas accounts for about one-fourth of the Medicaid coverage gap nationwide.

During a meeting with state legislators last month, the incoming governor said he would seek out more information about the Medicaid expansion plan that conservative Utah has been negotiating with the federal government. It's a huge reversal, as Texas was one of the states that industry groups had more or less written off in late 2013,

Abbott's openness comes as deep-red states like Utah, Wyoming, and Tennessee are actively working with the federal government to craft their own alternative Medicaid expansion plans. And if the biggest Republican-controlled state, one that serves as something of a conservative bellwether, comes around on Medicaid expansion, it's easy to imagine that more of the 20-odd holdouts would start to reconsider their position. There are already rumblings that Florida, the second-biggest holdout, is also more likely to expand this year.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/texas-medicaid-expansion-optimisi

OBAMAcare kicking redneck ass!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas is the biggest "get" left for the program,
    Is the Repug (and not just Ricky Bobbys) medical plan for the 99% still?:
    1. Don't get sick.
    2. If you get sick, die soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another interesting Obamacare change.

I just got my renewal rates for my employees insurance for my March 2015 renewal. For 30 years I have always been given an "average" rate for singles, couples, and families (including kids)

That has changed due to Obamacare for employer provided health care. Now, every single employee is individually rated depending on their health history. I now have employee health costs ranging from $300 a month for the youngest and healthiest guy to $1600 a month for one older guy...

You don't think that gives an employer an incentive to fire the older and sicker employees when it is costing him almost $16,000 a year more for the same job that could be done by a younger healthy guy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yeah...plus an 11% overall increase over 2014 after a 17% increase over 2013. I'm just SO glad to see Obamacare has gotten health care costs under control.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I just got my renewal rates for my employees insurance for my March 2015 renewal. For 30 years I have always been given an "average" rate for singles, couples, and families (including kids)

That has changed due to Obamacare for employer provided health care. Now, every single employee is individually rated depending on their health history. I now have employee health costs ranging from $300 a month for the youngest and healthiest guy to $1600 a month for one older guy...

You don't think that gives an employer an incentive to fire the older and sicker employees when it is costing him almost $16,000 a year more for the same job that could be done by a younger healthy guy?
    Are you planning on a little age discrimination in 2015 CC?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you planning on a little age discrimination in 2015 CC?
    why are you such a bitter little ? Does your life really suck that bad?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

that sucks, it should be fixed, but the Repugs will block any fixes, you know DAMN WELL.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that sucks, it should be fixed, but the Repugs will block any fixes, you know DAMN WELL.
    LOL, your beloved Democrats WROTE the bill, stupid.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yeah...plus an 11% overall increase over 2014 after a 17% increase over 2013. I'm just SO glad to see Obamacare has gotten health care costs under control.
    YET AGAIN, I repeat, ACA doesn't set prices, the insurnace companies do (and they us all like they always do. It's THE AMERICAN WAY! Freedom! for-profit BigCorps FOREVER)

If the "risk pool" was 320M people under a mandatory, universal non-profit govt health insurance ...

... nah NEVER gonna happen. BigCorp make govt policy, not We The People

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    YET AGAIN, I repeat, ACA doesn't set prices, the insurnace companies do (and they us all like they always do. It's THE AMERICAN WAY! Freedom! for-profit BigCorps FOREVER)

If the "risk pool" was 320M people under a mandatory, universal non-profit govt health insurance ...

... nah NEVER gonna happen. BigCorp make govt policy, not We The People
    So what did the ACA accomplish besides expanding Medicaid? My President PROMISED me my costs would go down!

Last edited by CosmicCowboy; 01-12-2015 at 04:39 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what did the ACA accomplish besides expanding Medicaid? My President PROMISED me my costs would go down!

yep, BigCorp doesn't GAF what the President "promises". However, your case is, solipsistically, JUST your case,NOT everybody's case.

google: aca reduces costs
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 01-12-2015 at 04:55 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BigMed, BigPharma, BigInsurance ALLOWED ACA to pass after they themselves wrote it, and then lobbied the out of the rule-making.

So go at the Real Culprit, rather than jerk yourself off about Obama.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

U.S. House Republican optimistic about Obamacare replacement plan

Price gave no details but said any plan would need to be based on the principles of "accessibility, affordability, quality and choice."

"If you accept those principles ... then you pretty much have a clear path to what the policies would be,” he said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...ame=healthNews

It will ALSO be written BigHealthInsurance, etc, etc, NOT by ignorant, anti-government House Repugs. Results? Absolutely much worse than ACA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL, your beloved Democrats WROTE the bill, stupid.
    "Democrats Max Baucus, Jeff Bingaman, and Kent Conrad, and Republicans Mike Enzi, Chuck Grassley, and Olympia Snowe — met for more than 60 hours, and the principles that they discussed, in conjunction with the other committees, became the foundation of the Senate's healthcare reform bill."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patient_Protection_and_Affordable_Care_Act

DINO and health insurance industry pawn/shill Senator Max Baucus (now working in pharmaceutical industry) hired an insurance industry top exec/lobbyist Liz Fowler to actually write ACA with her team of health care lobbyists, who also got their way at the rule-making level.

btw, it was your buddy dubya and head who made it illegal for the US govt to negotiate drug, device prices as "single buyer", assuring the prices in US have continued to MUCH HIGHER than in "adult" countries that operate as "single buyer"

Thread Information