Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron is 36 and will turn 37 in December. As great as he has been, the Lakers have to be sweating right about now. They don't have a couple years to develop a rookie, and their future draft situation is pretty awful too. I'm guessing at this point, the Spurs let DeRozan walk for nothing rather than take on players/contracts they're not interested in. If the Lakers' pick was 12 spots higher I could see it... but #22 just isn't too alluring.
    This. the Lakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The way lebron picked on demar when he was still at Toronto I’m surprised they could sleep together. Guess it’s all water under the bridge.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans going to be really salty when he signs for their MLE lol
    Yeah… only thing we have going is that he want to play with Lowery too. So unless Lowery is also willing to play for peanuts, one of those two will need a sign and trade.

I’m sure some nerds on the Raptors forums are also cooking up their our Kuzma, THT, 22 for Lowery ideas, lol.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Willing to take a paycut with the Lakers but not with the Spurs huh?
    I also love the framing of “pay cut.” Are we sure there is a deal out there that gives DDR a big pay day? Lol

Oh the little lies we tell ourselves to make it through the days, haha.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you thing we could get the 2026 and 2028 pick unprotected from LA. They should have fallen off by then. I think after the draft 2028 would be considered in 7 years. We could still Kuama and harrell or whoever you want to throw in. DDR is nowhere near davis level but LA gave up 3 1st rd picks one of which was #4 and 2 good young players. thats 3 good players with 2 more possible. for DDR couldnt we get 2 possible good players. I would not care to much of who comes back from LA in the trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man i see the odds of the league bailing out the lakers to be realistic, no draft pieces, no players of note after AD. That means no mega trades or draft fixing. they are going to have to do some special jubilee to avoid the sight of the league vanity team giving high draft pieces to the pelicans for years straight.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The way lebron picked on demar when he was still at Toronto I’m surprised they could sleep together. Guess it’s all water under the bridge.
    Demar probably suffers from Stockholm Syndrome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans going to be really salty when he signs for their MLE lol
    why? I say just let his choking azz walk. We won't miss him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point Spurs should do what’s best for them despite it being the Lakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Taking crap is bad back
    I would do him for Davis

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why? I say just let his choking azz walk. We won't miss him.
    Getting Kuzma and there pick should be a priority imo losing him for nothing is waste and a gift to LAL call me crazy but I think you could have a debate about who’s better between Kuzma and John Collins for those wanting Collins

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting Kuzma and there pick should be a priority imo losing him for nothing is waste and a gift to LAL call me crazy but I think you could have a debate about who’s better between Kuzma and John Collins for those wanting Collins
    I'm not high on Collins at all but

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That wouldn't be much of a debate..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that noise. Spurs are under NO obligation to do for the Lakers or DeRozan.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that noise. Spurs are under NO obligation to do for the Lakers or DeRozan.
    I'd trade with the Lakers but not for ing Kuzma. It would be like getting Rodman baggage around Vinny Del Negro talent.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly . . . and people can stop pretending a 32 (this off season) year old, career net negative, with zero 3 and D, added to an already 3-point shooting deficient roster, would be "helping them".

I'd argue it'd more than likely slam the door shut on them winning another championship in the James era.

They can also stop pretending the Spurs are going to do markedly better than Kuzma (Markkanen, a defensive liability, for more money, is the likely alternative) and possibly a pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly . . . and people can stop pretending a 32 (this off season) year old, career net negative, with zero 3 and D, added to an already 3-point shooting deficient roster, would be "helping them".

I'd argue it'd more than likely slam the door shut on them winning another championship in the James era.

They can also stop pretending the Spurs are going to do markedly better than Kuzma (Markkanen, a defensive liability, for more money, is the likely alternative) and possible a pick.
    Agree on most points, but I still want nothing to do with Kuzma (nor Marika enough for that matter).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree on most points, but I still want nothing to do with Kuzma (nor Marika enough for that matter).
    I'm not a fan either, but the options are limited and the theoretical fit is undeniable so long as his delusions of grandeur can be reigned in . . . and if they can't, it's not like his contract is an albatross.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not a fan either, but the options are limited and the theoretical fit is undeniable so long as his delusions of grandeur can be reigned in . . . and if they can't, it's not like his contract is an albatross.
    I wouldn't even risk it. Reroute him to the Kings and let him statpad for his next contract there.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A ty player who thinks he's a star isn't going to be a fit for any team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yup, demar derozan proved that here

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't even risk it. Reroute him to the Kings and let him statpad for his next contract there.
    For Hield or maybe Bagley III? Because it's not going to be Barnes, if that's what you're thinking.

Yet half of this fan base thinks Murray is destined for s om.

Kuzma is clearly an inefficient mediocrity, but he's a modern four all the same and at least has the confidence (if not game) to be a go-to option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For Hield or maybe Bagley III? Because it's not going to be Barnes, if that's what you're thinking.

Yet half of this fan base thinks Murray is destined for s om.

Kuzma is clearly an inefficient mediocrity, but he's a modern four all the same and at least has the confidence (if not game) to be a go-to option.
    Honestly, they can just do it for a conditional second as long as the Kings take on KCP or whoever the Lakers jettison to make the money work. If the Spurs get a late first for DePression at this point I'll take it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least he's from LA, IIRC...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, they can just do it for a conditional second as long as the Kings take on KCP or whoever the Lakers jettison to make the money work. If the Spurs get a late first for DePression at this point I'll take it.
    The Kings have cap issues themselves and would like to re-sign Holmes.

Thread Information