Texas Longhorns
    ing buried in snow and no power

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Somehow my power hasn't gone off yet. I'm right next to the Addison Airport and interdispersed (sp?) between a bunch of commercial businesses. I'm hoping all those rich Jew millionaires lobbied to ERCOT to keep the power on to keep their private jets running. WFH master race checking in
    I have had my turned off three times.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I have had my turned off three times.
    The craziest sh!t is that the Mavs played last night and the Stars are playing tonight. Us plebs are getting shamed for having lights on and leaving the heater in the 60's, but they can blow all that electricity in the AAC to watch a sporting event? People might die of hypothermia in their own homes tonight, but we can't cut power to nonessential businesses and entertainment?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    ing buried in snow and no power
    Same but have mimosas so ok

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    The craziest sh!t is that the Mavs played last night and the Stars are playing tonight. Us plebs are getting shamed for having lights on and leaving the heater in the 60's, but they can blow all that electricity in the AAC to watch a sporting event? People might die of hypothermia in their own homes tonight, but we can't cut power to nonessential businesses and entertainment?
    Welcome to America.

Don't give a , my heat is at 80 and it's staying there since I know I'm due for at least another blackout in the next 3 hours.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Scattered power outages here in Stone Oak but thankfully skipped my house. Lots of neighbors without water but it’s flowing here. Measured 6 inches with a ruler in my front yard.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Put your dogs inside or give them a damn good outside shelter, brahs. Call 311 if you see assholes who don't. I snitched on one person today, tbh.
    My Akita is out back right now running like a fool, shoulder deep. She’s built for this, may be the only time she’ll experience it

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    IM fd.

Rolling outages.
    Power was off 4 and then 5 hrs.
    No water.

I will melt snow when the power comes on.
    Dude we bought our house from rerouted the water lines for sof er and that finally has fd us.

1st world problems. We do need water however.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    "Rolling outages" my ass. My power comes on maybe 5-6 minutes every hour. I have no water. The data on my mobile phones aren't working. This is some 3rd world right here. I'm collecting snow to thaw out to at least flush the toilets, we have plenty of drinking water.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Somehow my power hasn't gone off yet. I'm right next to the Addison Airport and interdispersed (sp?) between a bunch of commercial businesses. I'm hoping all those rich Jew millionaires lobbied to ERCOT to keep the power on to keep their private jets running. WFH master race checking in

I haven't lost power either, I live a block from Greenville Ave. I guess maybe they're prioritizing grids near business? Not sure any of those businesses are even open right now.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Eerily similar to when I lived in Houston during Hurricane Harvey where they intentionally flooded thousands of homes by the dams in order to prevent a full-on disaster. Is this state becoming that much of a sh!thole to where we now regularly have to resort to third world banana republic tactics everytime something like this happens?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Penn State Nittany Lions
    it gets chilly for a day in Texas and the state turns into Liberia

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    No power for 11 hours. Even the faucets I left with a pretty good flow are freezing up.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Getting 5 minutes of power every hour. Internet is down. Phone internet keeps going on and off

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Seriously, this is basically an average winter day in the Great Plains yet it forces Texas back to the Middle Ages. tbh I wouldn't be surprised if I started seeing Somali pirates sledding around at this point imho

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Seriously, this is basically an average winter day in the Great Plains yet it forces Texas back to the Middle Ages. tbh I wouldn't be surprised if I started seeing Somali pirates sledding around at this point imho
    Kind of like when we see people die in the northeast when it's 100 + degrees and we can string 90 days of it during the summer here and be fine.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Penn State Nittany Lions
    I know imo. I saw an FB post yesterday where they said don't show bare skin outside, and the temp was like 20. 20. That's barely coat weather. When I lived in Idaho, I had to go out and work in -25 weather with a windchill from . Texas likes to clown on people who don't like hot weather but, here we are. iirc, isn't there a sizable somali population in houston? They could make a killing now tbh

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Getting 5 minutes of power every hour. Internet is down. Phone internet keeps going on and off
    The on and off shutting of power can’t be good for your house electronics.

We lost power for a couple of hours a while ago due to a gas leak nearby and that was annoying as . We had to reset the cable boxes, modem, all roku devices, digital clocks, etc because it went back to factory settings.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Blackouts was kicking our ass here in Cibolo up until 20 mins ago. Still no running water tho.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    south texas is just not build for this level of cold . especially when it hovers near freezing for 3 days before and then goes single digits.
    Houses are not as well insulated and plumbing is not built for this. I mean I have water pipes in my garage? Who does this in south dakota unless they have a way of heating them... Our power lines our above ground and near trees... When you change la udes on a map temperature changes, go figure, people are aware of this.

That being said Im having a great time thinking about thermodynamics and all the crap I tried to do for this cold streak that did not work.
    I failed big time. , Im might not have had a chance in this whole ordeal given the house I live in and the things I am not in control of.
    And I gave away my frkn generator that had been used like 2 times. Gave it away a month ago.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    No water. Pipes likely frozen plus the coop well has frozen pipes. In the last 8 hours, we’ve had two 20 minute periods with power.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Kind of like when we see people die in the northeast when it's 100 + degrees and we can string 90 days of it during the summer here and be fine.
    rofl but big bad Texas always boasts about having our own power grid and being a leader in energy. also worth mentioning I'm in a metroplex that frequently touts itself to be the best place ever. big bad Texas collapsing because of a wittle cold

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    It's sunny. This is like a nice winter day in a place like Kansas or Iowa.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    rofl but big bad Texas always boasts about having our own power grid and being a leader in energy. also worth mentioning I'm in a metroplex that frequently touts itself to be the best place ever. big bad Texas collapsing because of a wittle cold
    We actually are pretty damn good. the utilites cant handle acute Fairbanks Alaska temperatures though. And CPS employees will not be working, today, Tuesday, or Friday. Very convenient.

Thread Information