Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bandwagon hater
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Well, as some of you might have saw I got myself a new car (2009 G8 GT). Im trying to decide what exhaust I like better, Im split between 3 of them and thought Id ask what you all thought of the sound of each one.

First up, Corsa Mufflers with an x-pipe. Corsa is a big name when it comes to corvettes which the engine in my car is from the corvette (not the newest one) 6.0L L76 all-aluminum V8.

Next is the Kooks system, from the headers all the way back to the mufflers and tips. Kind of a long video. Just let the video load and keep skipping ahead until you can hear it. They have several sound clips. Idle, WOT with windows up and down and cruising. Nice burnout at the end of the video too

This is the most expensive one so not sure if I want it or not, almost $1,000.00

Last one is a Borla exhaust with an x-pipe. This is probably the cheapest but it seems everyone with a V8 in Texas has a Borla or Magnaflow exhaust, I kind of want mine to sound different. Still, it doesnt sound bad at all!

All in all, I think Im leaning towards the Corsa exhaust but Im not to sure if it would be too loud or not and how bad the drone sounds inside of the car.

What do you think?

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I've only had borla exhausts and I love them. I could never talk my wife into getting an LS2 GTO but my plan was to throw some shorties with a borla on that. The only negative is that the drone was pretty loud ('04 V6 tiburon). Besides, there probably won't be all that many people putting exhausts on their G8 so it's not like every other G8 you see is going to sound like yours.

Not to hijack the thread, but here's what my next car will sound like... 2010 hyundai genesis coupe (310 hp V6 RWD).

bandwagon hater
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Just want to say, this car is FAST!! The video's dont show . There's another guy here in SA that I met who has just cold-air intake, a chip tune and exhaust who is running 12.6 in the 1/4mi. I dont mean to brag, Im just loving my new car!

bandwagon hater
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I've only had borla exhausts and I love them. I could never talk my wife into getting an LS2 GTO but my plan was to throw some shorties with a borla on that. The only negative is that the drone was pretty loud ('04 V6 tiburon). Besides, there probably won't be all that many people putting exhausts on their G8 so it's not like every other G8 you see is going to sound like yours.

Not to hijack the thread, but here's what my next car will sound like... 2010 hyundai genesis coupe (310 hp V6 RWD).

Those Genesis are ing sweet! they had some at the dealership I bought my car from (the 4-door). Hyundai has come a LONG way from back in the 90's. Big time sleeper car, eat up them sorry stangs!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Don't be kooky!! Get the Kooks!

bandwagon hater
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Don't be kooky!! Get the Kooks!
    I wont Lie Paki, its very tempting especially if I decide to go with forced induction.... Can I perhaps conivince you to sponsor my car and pay for the exhaust?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    phyzik thats a really nice car u got there

i saw a few of them down here last year which is rebadged in america....

black is nice....

www.hsv.com.au <<< thats where u wanna be at

bandwagon hater
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    phyzik thats a really nice car u got there

i saw a few of them down here last year which is rebadged in america....

black is nice....
    Thanks!

Yeah, the Holden Commodore HSV is sick!

I wish I could afford the kit to turn it into a commodore look-alike but for now Im just going for performance.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    College
    Michigan State Spartans
    Great thread needs Kori to move it to the small penis forum.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Thanks!

Yeah, the Holden Commodore HSV is sick!

I wish I could afford the kit to turn it into a commodore look-alike but for now Im just going for performance.
    the front grills on the GT doesnt look nice at all, shouldve just kept it plain normal like the HSV....too much rice imo, loses its grunt appeal. Ive been in the monaro CV....that thing goes hard....

i remember the time they resurrected the monaro aka rebadge pontiac in america....427 block 12lt engine in the touring comp started lapping every car and pulling away from cars in the 400k+ range...fkn nice thing.

bandwagon hater
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Great thread needs Kori to move it to the small penis forum.
    Hate all you want but for less than $30,000.00 I hardly think its a penis extension, I measure up just fine, and Im not like those ing pussy ass corvette drivers who baby their . If I dont want you to pass me, you wont. I didnt buy a V8 to drive it like a ing corolla.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    i would go with Corsa

Name
    Adam Rabel
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    St. Mary's Rattlers
    Hate all you want but for less than $30,000.00 I hardly think its a penis extension, I measure up just fine, and Im not like those ing pussy ass corvette drivers who baby their . If I dont want you to pass me, you wont. I didnt buy a V8 to drive it like a ing corolla.
    dont hate on a corolla.

mine gets used to the max son.

and will probably last longer mileage wise.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    aare u going to beef up ur car?

exterior wise?

bandwagon hater
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    dont hate on a corolla.

mine gets used to the max son.

and will probably last longer mileage wise.
    Do some research on the L76 motor, its bulletproof. I wont lie and say its going to outlast your motor especially with the way Im treating it but I dont plan on keeping the car more than 10 years which it will easily survive if taken care of.

Im not deluding myself into thinking this is going to be a 200k mile car. Thats not what I bought it for. I have a vehicle for that already. Having said that, this is one of the toughest engines in the world, I could put out over 600hp easily on this engine as a daily driver and not have a major problem if I take care of it, and thats with stock internals. Make no mistake, this isnt my daily driver. I have always wanted a muscle car that I can tinker with and have come to a point in my life that I can afford that luxury.

I wasnt hating on corolla, they are great cars! I was hating on the mid-life crysis assholes that buy a corvette and drive it like a granny car. Thats the stupidest trend in motorsports that I have ever seen!

BTW, I just did a 40 mile cruise and got 28mpg in my "gas guzzler" V8.
    Last edited by phyzik; 12-19-2008 at 12:44 AM.

bandwagon hater
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    aare u going to beef up ur car?

exterior wise?
    Exterior is taking a back seat for now, I do want to "make it my own" so to speak but thats a few years from now to be honest unless I come across a great deal. The car looks good enough for what I wanted, I was more interested in price vs. performance when I bought it. You cant buy another vehicle in the states with this kind of power for the same price unless you buy used.

The only thing I plan on doing is going with some new rims and tires. The rims Im looking at are weight savers vs. the stock ones, Im not going chrome, that weighs a ton.

bandwagon hater
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So Das Texan, lets quit the hate, I didnt start this thread to argue what car is better.... what exhaust do you think sounds better? Honestly!

Spurs are Lottery Bound. SequSpur's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    why do you want to change the exhaust? do u wan sound like a in rice burner? why change anything? i don't get it. my truck has a borla exhaust but that was brand new...

Name
    Adam Rabel
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    St. Mary's Rattlers
    So Das Texan, lets quit the hate, I didnt start this thread to argue what car is better.... what exhaust do you think sounds better? Honestly!

if i know.

i dont give a flying about exhausts, as long as it works thats all i care about.

bandwagon hater
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    why do you want to change the exhaust? do u wan sound like a in rice burner? why change anything? i don't get it. my truck has a borla exhaust but that was brand new...
    Did you even listen to the sound clips you midget?

Its a V8 for s sake! Rice burner? LOL! I think you need to talk to Das Texan about that!

bandwagon hater
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    if i know.

i dont give a flying about exhausts, as long as it works thats all i care about.
    OK, so your not into cars... why did you post on this thread, to hate?

All you have to do is listen and say what sounds better to you.

Name
    Adam Rabel
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    St. Mary's Rattlers
    OK, so your not into cars... why did you post on this thread, to hate?

All you have to do is listen and say what sounds better to you.
    i'm only into some cars.

and ya i was just hating on the hating of corollas

i dont give a about exhausts even in the ones i like.

bandwagon hater
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i'm only into some cars.

and ya i was just hating on the hating of corollas

i dont give a about exhausts even in the ones i like.
    I wasnt hating on corolla, they are great cars! I was hating on the mid-life crysis assholes that buy a corvette and drive it like a granny car. Thats the stupidest trend in motorsports that I have ever seen!

Name
    Adam Rabel
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    St. Mary's Rattlers

ya but after my initial post.

bandwagon hater
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This thread has turned into a ricer cluster with midgets.... please just post which one's you think sound better. I dont want a ty sounding exhaust if the majority doesnt like it.

Thread Information