Page 61 of 162 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 4038
    My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    This wasn't a team award
    No sherlock... i'm just saying the best player in the world can't go ghost in back to back games, the two most important games of the season vs elite teams and stat pad vs mediocre La Liga teams and call it a season.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    No sherlock... i'm just saying the best player in the world can't go ghost in back to back games, the two most important games of the season vs elite teams and stat pad vs mediocre La Liga teams and call it a season.
    But #2 did too, and more than in just back to back games.... last I checked, Tristaldo didn't win the CL last season either (or the last few seasons for that matter). They had that fluke La Liga win which, as seen right now, was just a fluke. Portugal keeps being a second-class team in Europe.

Midget only has to be better than the compe ion. And he was.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Manita next year?

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    But #2 did too, and more than in just back to back games.... last I checked, Tristaldo didn't win the CL last season either (or the last few seasons for that matter). They had that fluke La Liga win which, as seen right now, was just a fluke. Portugal keeps being a second-class team in Europe.

Midget only has to be better than the compe ion. And he was.
    When Ronaldo and Messi were in direct confrontation for last season's La Liga le at Camp Nou, Ronaldo had a clutch performance scoring the goal that gave Real the W and shut down Barca's le hopes. Meanwhile the midget was nowhere to be found, same vs Chelsea.

During Euro 2012, Ronaldo took Portugal to a stage of the compe ion (semis) Messi never could with Argentina, even when playing the Copa America. Which is basically a weaker 3 team compe ion between Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    When Ronaldo and Messi were in direct confrontation for last season's La Liga le at Camp Nou, Ronaldo had a clutch performance scoring the goal that gave Real the W and shut down Barca's le hopes. Meanwhile the midget was nowhere to be found, same vs Chelsea.
    And Messi started last year pushing Tristaldo's in, per the usual, in Copa del Rey... and don't tell me those don't matter, because there's not a single RMAO-Barca game that doesn't matter. Midget scored in both of those games. Ronaldo? He went hiding.

During Euro 2012, Ronaldo took Portugal to a stage of the compe ion (semis) Messi never could with Argentina, even when playing the Copa America. Which is basically a weaker 3 team compe ion between Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay.
    Copa America was in 2011... and if we're going to look back, Ronaldo was already fishing when Messi was playing against Germany in the 2010 WC...

And for all the fuzz, dude only score 5 goals all of 2012 for Portugal (14 games)

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    On a serious note, this is a good read, BTW, Bynumite should check it out:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...dfa_story.html

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    And Messi started last year pushing Tristaldo's in, per the usual, in Copa del Rey... and don't tell me those don't matter, because there's not a single RMAO-Barca game that doesn't matter. Midget scored in both of those games. Ronaldo? He went hiding
    Ronaldo scored in Madrid's last 6 games vs Barca. He's definitely "hiding"

Copa America was in 2011... and if we're going to look back, Ronaldo was already fishing when Messi was playing against Germany in the 2010 WC...
    I brought up the Copa America because Messi never reached the semis with Argentina, even in the weaker Copa America.

Are you seriously bringing up a quarterfinals game where Germany completely annihilated Argentina with 4 goals to 0?

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    shoudlve given it to torres, didnt he win EUCL, EURO2012...he only played in important matches only...lol

ronaldo clearly got robbed of that award.....got over the hurdle to win la liga, dunno about the galatica games h2h record for that year...but its better than padding goals for meaningless records with nothing to show for it...

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    I brought up the Copa America because Messi never reached the semis with Argentina, even in the weaker Copa America.

Are you seriously bringing up a quarterfinals game where Germany completely annihilated Argentina with 4 goals to 0?
    If you're going to defend a stupid argument at least do your research. Messi has gotten to the final of Copa America with Argentina. He won a Gold medal too, something every self respecting sportmen should have.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Bynumite crying INJUSTICIA in this thread.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    I dropped dem truth bombs tbh. The reality is, the argument spurfan uses against Kobe, could just as easily be used against the midget.

Messi had a great individual season, lots of stat padding playing against scrub La Liga teams but the player you claim to be the best, choked when it mattered most vs Chelsea (CL semi) and Real (near the end of La Liga). Midget outshined in football's biggest stages.
    There's a slight difference son. Messi clearly had the best stats of any individual, Kobe didn't even come close to that.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count

My Team
    Paris Saint-Germain FC
    Post Count
    well deserved this year. I was hoping Iniesta would win it though coz he deserved one in 2010.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Lol Messi trying to imitate Diego the same way Kobe tries yo be like Mike

Messi gets the FIFA Ballon d’Or in all logic since he’s probably the best human being to ever play this game.

However, there’s one player who never gets any credit despite being the incarnation of classiness, elegance and fair play. Last season, the guy has made 87,5% of his passes (2.947 out of 3.368), most of which were things of pure beauty. It led to 141 clear and direct goal opportunities. No one matches those numbers in any of the 5 big European Leagues. Andrea Pirlo is not even in the FIFA starting XI...
    Last edited by romain.star; 01-08-2013 at 10:03 AM.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Messi gets the FIFA Ballon d’Or in all logic since he’s probably the best human being to ever play this game.

I said probably which leaves room to discussion.

Anyway, glad to make you laugh

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Ronaldo scored in Madrid's last 6 games vs Barca. He's definitely "hiding"
    But it doesn't translate to wins. During those 6 games, RMAO only won 2 games, lost other 2, and drew the last 2.

Midget is 11-6-5 against RMAO...

OMG, midget reached further in the compe ion = Messi GOD.

This is what happens when the tables are turned on the haters that come up with arbitrary benchmarks...

Tristaldo didn't score 12 for Portugal last season?! OMG he sucks! crofl

well deserved this year. I was hoping Iniesta would win it though coz he deserved one in 2010.
    Wut? Sneijder deserved it in 2010, lead his NT to WC finals, won the UCL and Serie A.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Wut? Sneijder deserved it in 2010, lead his NT to WC finals, won the UCL and Serie A.
    this

Veteran
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Bynumite! Some good posts i have to say.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    But it doesn't translate to wins. During those 6 games, RMAO only won 2 games, lost other 2, and drew the last 2.

Midget is 11-6-5 against RMAO...
    Scoring in the last 6 games vs Barca still is pretty good for someone that was allegedly "hiding".

Now that you mentioned "goals that don't translate to wins". Remember how Messi scored 91 in 2012 and had no CL or La Liga to show for it. Midget is the king of stat padding in meaningless games against scrub compe ion period.

OMG, midget reached further in the compe ion = Messi GOD.

This is what happens when the tables are turned on the haters that come up with arbitrary benchmarks...

Tristaldo didn't score 12 for Portugal last season?! OMG he sucks! crofl
    Still opposition though. People talk about the midget's WC aspirations and he can't even get it done in the Copa America, a 3 team compe ion.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    There's a slight difference son. Messi clearly had the best stats of any individual, Kobe didn't even come close to that.
    So? Kobe is currently putting up MVP type stats and will probably end up winning the scoring le but he won't win the MVP award. Obviously because the Lakers have a record, same for Barca's performance last season in top compe ions.

Thread Information