Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Watching the*NBC Nightly Newsbroadcast on a Friday earlier this month, I gaped as the*last segmentaired.

Kevin Tibbles was reporting from the site of Kentucky's Ark Encounter, constructed by Christian fundamentalist, young-Earth creationist and*Answers in Genesis*president Ken Ham. At the time, Ark Encounter was*set to open*to the public the following week.

Tibbles described Ark Encounter as telling "the Old Testament story of Noah, the animals and, of course, the flood." He interviewed Ham and closed out the 2-minute piece by noting Ham's hope that people will come in droves "to study the story of Noah for generations to come."

What did Tibbles fail to explain?

For one thing, that the Ark shows in its animatronic displays the co-existence of dinosaurs and people. Dinosaurs, of course, went extinct (well, except forbirds, but that's another subject) 65 million years ago; the human lineage evolved 6 million years ago, and our own species about 200,000 years ago

http://www.npr.org/sections/13.7/201...n-on-evolution

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $18 million in tax breaks for Noah's Park.

http://www.kentucky.com/news/state/article73971147.html

Society moving backwards

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you gape like the author when you saw the story Blake?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you think should be done about Christianity other than crap your pants in fear, Blake?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you think should be done about Christianity other than crap your pants in fear, Blake?
    Work to ensure it does not influence law, education and the like in the US.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My pants are fine. Christianity and all religion should stay out of public policy making and this loophole of a Christian park getting a ridiculous tax break should be closed.

Do you disagree or was that just a re ed attempt at being clever?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you gape like the author when you saw the story Blake?
    No, I shook my head.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My pants are fine. Christianity and all religion should stay out of public policy making and this loophole of a Christian park getting a ridiculous tax break should be closed.

Do you disagree or was that just a re ed attempt at being clever?
    I agree. But my agreement doesn't keep me from seeing Islam as a bigger piece of than Christianity. Both suck, but for different reasons and to differing degrees.

Not trying to be clever. Just showing the inanity of your pages and pages of wat u gon do bout Muslam posting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't take religion out of politics, maybe the facade of it (ie this museum thing). But people will continue to believe in steady numbers, even when any mention or allusion to it is taken completely out of every science class in the country. Why? Many or most of these people find they have a better life than without it. People who are Christian will continue to get elected by people who are Christian & vote for Christians. Christianity will continue to play a significant role in society & policy making albeit more coded. If what what you want boils down to not wanting religion in our society at all--because that's what you would have want to "get religion out politics"--then what have you personally done to help the cause? Or is this just all fake outrage?

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not trying to be clever. Just showing the inanity of your pages and pages of wat u gon do bout Muslam posting
    You might have had a point if he and Th'Pusher hadn't immediately answered your question. Seems pretty easy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. But my agreement doesn't keep me from seeing Islam as a bigger piece of than Christianity. Both suck, but for different reasons and to differing degrees.

So you were trying to be witty, not clever.

If you agree on what should be done, then your false equivalence zinger attempt fails even harder.

You're an idiot, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no objection to Christian voting for whomever they want, or brainwashing their kids in Christian madrasas (but not with taxpayer financing).

The objection is to the Christian Taliban trying to force their Bible, ethics, morals, fantasies, Christian sharia, dictates onto non-Christians, and into secular, taxpayer ins utions.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 08-25-2016 at 09:57 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't take religion out of politics
    It can be done. Just still too much ignorance to do it at this point in time.

I bet 500 years from now the vast majority of people will look back at how stupid Americans were in the 2000s for giving credibility to a fairy tale book.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You might have had a point if he and Th'Pusher hadn't immediately answered your question. Seems pretty easy.
    Except no. Numerous posters (including Pusher) have answered his endless spam easily too.

He can't have an "easy" answer on Christianty when there are similarly easy answers on Islam.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you were trying to be witty, not clever.

If you agree on what should be done, then your false equivalence zinger attempt fails even harder.

You're an idiot, tbh.
    If I wanted a zinger, I'd mention what type of school your kids go to, idiot.

Lol false equivalence

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let me know when they use that Ark to plow over innocent bystanders.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except no. Numerous posters (including Pusher) have answered his endless spam easily too.

He can't have an "easy" answer on Christianty when there are similarly easy answers on Islam.
    All I've seen has been tribalist cheerleading, not any direct answers to the question... but admittedly I haven't really checked in on those ridiculous threads in a while so maybe someone finally answered the question.

Maybe you could summarize?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I wanted a zinger, I'd mention what type of school your kids go to, idiot.

Lol false equivalence
    My kid goes to a Christian school because it's still a better set up for her than the public schools.

Lol false equivalence

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lol if the black knights had ever answered, I'd have stopped asking.

What's your easy answer?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My kid goes to a Christian school because it's still a better set up for her than the public schools.

You're a hypocrite.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're a hypocrite.
    nope. You're intellectually lazy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh.

It will die the slow death of irrelevance, like any other fairy tale, collapsing under the weight of its failures.

Let people believe in magic happy lands you can go to after your brain/body gives out, I guess.

Just don't force those beliefs on me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're a hypocrite.
    not if he pays the full fare for the Christian school, which shouldn't be taking any taxpayer funds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information