Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1242
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pelosi should attach repeal of the individual mandate to the CR, forcing the pending ACA SC case moot.
    Hasn't the fine already been repealed meaning there really is no mandate?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I knew Obamacare was never going to be successful. You need everybody to buy in to it to keep the premiums reasonably priced and that wasn't gonna happen. Young people were electing to pay the fine.

So it's either full blown universal health care or keep it how it is. Not a fan of it, but the Republican party will have to start budging on a few things to please a changing electorate. So I think this is where we are headed, as healthcare seems to be a big priority according to the pollsters. Often 2nd behind the economy.
    Yet it’s approval rating hovers anywhere from 60 to 52% depending on the mood of the country.

Just try taking something the majority of Americans like without even having something to replace it immediately and see what happens.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I knew Obamacare was never going to be successful. You need everybody to buy in to it to keep the premiums reasonably priced and that wasn't gonna happen. Young people were electing to pay the fine.

So it's either full blown universal health care or keep it how it is. Not a fan of it, but the Republican party will have to start budging on a few things to please a changing electorate. So I think this is where we are headed, as healthcare seems to be a big priority according to the pollsters. Often 2nd behind the economy.
    I pretty much agree except “how it is” is untenable for a large portion of the population.

Obamacare was very successful in changing the status quo on healthcare and being the foot in the door that ultimately gets us to single payer. Now there’s a consensus that people with pre-existing conditions need protection and that letting private health insurance companies do whatever they want is a disaster. Obamacare is what led to that consensus.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Hasn't the fine already been repealed meaning there really is no mandate?
    Roberts previously ruled that the mandate effectively cons uted a tax because of the fine and thus it was a cons utional usage of Congress’s power to tax.

The new argument is that since there’s no longer a fine then it’s not a tax, the mandate is thus uncons utional, and since it’s a quintessential part of Obamacare then the entire ACA should go away with it.

Its a ridiculous bad faith argument seeing that a Republican majority in Congress passed separate legislation to nix the individual mandate but to leave the rest of the ACA intact. SCOTUS ruling in favor of elminating Obamacare would basically set the precedent that the majority in congress can have any existing legislation previously passed by the other party tossed out in court by intentionally passing an amendment that makes a small part of it uncons utional.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    the militant bible thumper senators are threatening to blow Trump’s nomination up if whoever it is doesn’t explicitly denounce Roe during confirmation hearings

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/21/o...gtype=Homepage

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the militant bible thumper senators are threatening to blow Trump’s nomination up if whoever it is doesn’t explicitly denounce Roe during confirmation hearings

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/21/o...gtype=Homepage
    He'll get in line once Mitch hears of this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guessing you didn't know that was satire/not real.

sucker Qhris can't tell reality from his arsehole.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    He'll get in line once Mitch hears of this.
    Read the full article, he more or less calls McConnell out for previously telling senators not to bring it up.

The nominee is going to get confirmed no matter what, but it would be huge if she was forced to explicitly say on the record that she is against Roe.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read the full article, he more or less calls McConnell out for previously telling senators not to bring it up.

The nominee is going to get confirmed no matter what, but it would be huge if she was forced to explicitly say on the record that she is against Roe.
    I read halfway through it then realize it was just the one senator. You got my hopes up when you said bible thumber senators.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It would be a gift to democrats if the nominee is forced to say it which of course she won't be.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    It would be a gift to democrats if the nominee is forced to say it which of course she won't be.
    Hawley is on the judiciary committee. I say whichever Democrat goes before him greases the wheel with questions that make the nominee equivocate about Roe. That might bait hawley into something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

he knows its satire

get a hold of yourself

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hawley is on the judiciary committee. I say whichever Democrat goes before him greases the wheel with questions that make the nominee equivocate about Roe. That might bait hawley into something.
    It's going to come up one way or another. Don't worry about that. Now if the nominee were to explicitly say the she was going to crush it then that would be something. But the nominees are all smart enough to answer only with a wink and a nod of sorts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

he knows its satire

get a hold of yourself
    You hate to see it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amy was vetted before Barbara was not
    Safest pick now could be Amy

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Trump said he was “saving Amy for Ginsburg” there’s not a chance it’s anybody else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

you're such a ing idiot.. as well TDS is real with you!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you're such a ing idiot.. as well TDS is real with you!
    This is your first post of the day and you make it a raging one? Save those brain cells, druggie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    quenchless, apparently

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amy was vetted before Barbara was not
    Safest pick now could be Amy
    Trump is going to make those Cubans voter upset in Florida if he goes with Amy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is your first post of the day and you make it a raging one? Save those brain cells, druggie.
    lol losers like you think every post is a "rage" post. no one gives a what your body dysmorphic ass has to say tbh. kick rocks he/she/it/them/they.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is it white knighting if you parade around as a transformer? asking for Reck.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

hahaaaaa you stupid omg hahaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Thread Information