Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry has never won Finals MVP

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Gimme a break. Camby was never better than duncan on d. You can claim camby was a better shot blocker but he was never a better defender. Sally improved but he went from average to good. Not bad to great. Ayton is bad.
    In a college system being able to run a zone with his increased mobility and and length its absolutely possible that Camby was the better defender. As a UNC fan (they my 2nd fave team to UCLA) I saw plenty of Tim... And he always was great at positioning but absolutely got better under Pop and David. Camby was a great college defender he just didn't have the body to bang inside. But in college that didn't matter as much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a college system being able to run a zone with his increased mobility and and length its absolutely possible that Camby was the better defender. As a UNC fan (they my 2nd fave team to UCLA) I saw plenty of Tim... And he always was great at positioning but absolutely got better under Pop and David. Camby was a great college defender he just didn't have the body to bang inside. But in college that didn't matter as much.
    Camby was shotblocker. Not a defender. That said the point still stand. Duncan was very good and became great.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Camby was shotblocker. Not a defender. That said the point still stand. Duncan was very good and became great.
    You can play semantics he won a dpoty in the pros and was even more dominant on defense as a collegiate player. Not sure why this is some big point of contention did you actually watch Camby play at UMass Outside his FinaL Four run?
    I could easily dismiss Duncan as just a rebounder not a defender at Wake. You think a lot of teams were posting Duncan up on the block in the ACC?! So the things Duncan were great at such as being a post anchor on defense had less value.
    IN MY OPINION, mine Camby was the more impactful defensive player in colleg and it wasn't all shot blocking either!
    !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can play semantics he won a dpoty in the pros and was even more dominant on defense as a collegiate player. Not sure why this is some big point of contention did you actually watch Camby play at UMass Outside his FinaL Four run?
    I could easily dismiss Duncan as just a rebounder not a defender at Wake. You think a lot of teams were posting Duncan up on the block in the ACC?! So the things Duncan were great at such as being a post anchor on defense had less value.
    IN MY OPINION, mine Camby was the more impactful defensive player in colleg and it wasn't all shot blocking either!
    !
    Camby winning DPoY was unjustified. He was like a Theo Ratliff type of player. Not saying he’s horrible but duncan was way better as a defensive anchor and him never winning DPoY Will remain a mystery to me.

Again, not saying camby was horrible, I just always felt he was very overrated as a defender.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Camby winning DPoY was unjustified. He was like a Theo Ratliff type of player. Not saying he’s horrible but duncan was way better as a defensive anchor and him never winning DPoY Will remain a mystery to me.

Again, not saying camby was horrible, I just always felt he was very overrated as a defender.
    Again I'm talking college, not pros.
    Let's use another example...
    Who do u think was the better college defender, Ewing or Hakeem?
    In my opinion Ewing as the anchor of those Hoya teams was the best collegiate defender as a big I ever seen. Only David was close.
    But just like Duncan/Hakeem was much better to me as pro defender... Where Duncan's smarts and Haeems athleticism mattered more. Camby was no Ewing in college but as the center of an aggressive zone he was incredibly impactful.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, duh! To me it's obvious he was talking about current NBA.
    Except this was written on 3/23/14, genius.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So curry didn’t lead the warriors? Argument can be made that Durant led the last two even though the entire GSW offense revolves around Curry’s shooting but you can’t possibly say anyone but curry led the warriors in 2015.
    Except this was written on 3/23/14, genius.
    Well, 2014 is pretty current to me, tbh. Is 2014 not current enough for you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I keep ing quoting ambchang

Well, actually I'm not. I don't know what the is up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again I'm talking college, not pros.
    Let's use another example...
    Who do u think was the better college defender, Ewing or Hakeem?
    In my opinion Ewing as the anchor of those Hoya teams was the best collegiate defender as a big I ever seen. Only David was close.
    But just like Duncan/Hakeem was much better to me as pro defender... Where Duncan's smarts and Haeems athleticism mattered more. Camby was no Ewing in college but as the center of an aggressive zone he was incredibly impactful.
    Ewing for sure. But camby was a product Of the system.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, 2014 is pretty current to me, tbh. Is 2014 not current enough for you?
    The league changed or evolved significantly post '14.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So curry didn’t lead the warriors? Argument can be made that Durant led the last two even though the entire GSW offense revolves around Curry’s shooting but you can’t possibly say anyone but curry led the warriors in 2015.
    The league changed or evolved significantly post '14.
    Well then, either the trend was already showing on '14, or the OP is a visionary mastermind. Which one do you see more plausible?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well then, either the trend was already showing on '14, or the OP is a visionary mastermind. Which one do you see more plausible?
    Dude. Stop quoting me.

And the trend was showing in 14. Lebron wade josh lineup already did that for two years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except they wrote it as if it were historically true.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The latter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude. Stop quoting me.

And the trend was showing in 14. Lebron wade josh lineup already did that for two years.
    If I knew how to stop I would do it, tbh. Blame it on timvp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry has never won Finals MVP
    Even during his MVP year when KD wasn't even on the roster yet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    EDIT LE: PG + C together led teams do not win. As a combination traditional PG and a traditional C aren't the best ways to build a team.

My team

PG: Shaun Livingston
    SG: Jimmy Butler
    SF: Kevin Durant
    PF: Kawhi Leonard
    C: Chris Bosh
    GTFOOH......................

My team would RAPE that bull team you put together.

Shaq....... Center lead
    Magic....... PG lead
    Timmy
    Any other starter
    Any other starter
    Last edited by lebomb; 08-17-2018 at 06:43 AM.

Mods ruined spurstalk!!!! Walter Donovan's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    The PF-C position can be interchangeable. Hard for me to believe if the next Hakeem,Shaq,Duncan came out tomorrow that they would not at least win 1 championship in this current league.
    Anthony Davis ain’t winning a championship any time soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A healthy Livingston would average 25 pts 10 rbds and 13 assists in the 80s tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A healthy Livingston would average 25 pts 10 rbds and 13 assists in the 80s tbh
    Nope, he is to soft, and way to light to compete in the 80's. This may tear up if brushed to hard in the NBA back then.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anthony Davis ain’t winning a championship any time soon.
    Anthony Davis is not on Shaq-Hakeem-Duncan's level. So yes he's not going to win anytime soon.

Thread Information