Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come on RC and Pop, make it happen. He behaves in SA and is exactly what we need.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    *pukes*

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bring him! Yes yes!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he is exactly what the Spurs need, anyone who says otherwise doesn't have a clue about Spurs ball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmmm...a definite upside in a big way, but also some potential downsides. Put it this way, if the Spurs do bring him in, I won't cry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs could put a "no gat" clause in his contract, then I'd be down with the reunion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My POV about Jax that i posted in enother thread :

The problem with Jax is that he needs to do things he hasn't done since 2003 :
    - playing good D
    - hustle
    - being the 4th option
    - not having off court problems

and you can't say he will likely be like he was in 03. You need to be sure at 100% of that : you can 't gamble on a player with more than $21M left on his contract at the end of the year.

Nobody can guarantee that Jax will come back with the same mentality than in 03 : no to him.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    C'mon Spurs, lets get him!

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish he had signed for the Spurs back then for 3 years for $10 million. But with his contract now...and what would we have to give up to get him? That's the important issue.

He's more clutch than most of the players on the team, and if motivated can score (with Atlanta he put up 3 consecutive games of 40 points) but is careless with the basketball. At the same time, so is the rest of our team yet they aren't clutch nor can they score.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad Pop holds grudges. I doubt he will allow Jax back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has he improved his ball handling skills? If so then why not.

Goodwill Ambassador spurs_fan_in_exile's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IIRC, Jax left the Spurs because he wanted to start and get more minutes. , he was willing to go to the friggin' Hawks over a team that had just won a championship. For him to work here one of two things would have to have changed:
    1. There's a major spot in the rotation waiting for him.
    2. He's grown up a bit.

Unless the Spurs were willing to trade any of the big three for him I don't see how there'd be a big enough role for him on this team, because he sure as hasn't matured since he left.

hasta la victoria, siempre cheguevara's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't you know that SJAX has REGRESSED from his years at San Antonio?

why would we bring him back?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SJax doesn't defend and he doesn't rebound the ball.

Not sure what he fixes other than we'd have the Spurs annual headband quota filled.

Of course, I'd like to see the Spurs get him AND Malik back. That way Marcus would finally have to STFU about how horrible it was that we lost those guys.
    Last edited by Ed Helicopter Jones; 01-19-2007 at 12:54 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SJax will insisting starting AND getting 30 MPG, so you bench Manu?

Compare Manu and SJax career stats, esp FG% and 3G%.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He fills in for Bowen's minutes... more like.

Suppose there never was an Aaron? aaronstampler's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, SJax back! I was just thinking to myself the other day that Duncan, Parker and Manu don't turn the ball over enough, so that'd be a great move.

Whatever. If it gets Bruce out of the starting line up, I'd be for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not quite sure what the rationale is for those who say SJAX will reform his gangsta ways if he comes to SA. Do leopards change their spots once they've grown into them? However, setting aside his personal issues, lets look at the record:

Year Team G GS MPG FG% 3p% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
    00-01 NJN 77 40 21.6 .425 .335 .719 0.5 2.2 2.7 1.8 1.1 0.2 1.69 2.20 8.2
    01-02 SAS 23 1 9.9 .374 .250 .706 0.1 1.0 1.1 0.5 0.6 0.1 1.00 1.30 3.9
    02-03 SAS 80 58 28.2 .435 .320 .760 0.8 2.8 3.6 2.3 1.6 0.4 2.20 2.50 11.8
    03-04 ATL 80 78 36.8 .425 .340 .785 1.2 3.4 4.6 3.1 1.8 0.2 2.79 2.70 18.1
    04-05 IND 51 49 35.4 .403 .360 .830 0.9 4.0 4.9 2.3 1.2 0.3 2.41 3.00 18.7
    05-06 IND 81 81 35.9 .411 .345 .786 0.6 3.3 3.9 2.8 1.3 0.5 2.51 2.40 16.4
    06-07 GSW 37 32 32.1 .419 .297 .822 0.5 2.1 2.6 3.1 0.9 0.5 2.19 2.40 14.1
    06-07 IND 37 32 32.1 .419 .297 .822 0.5 2.1 2.6 3.1 0.9 0.5 2.19 2.40 14.1
    Career 429 339 30.3 .419 .335 .786 0.7 2.9 3.6 2.4 1.3 0.3 2.24 2.40 13.8

His shooting percentage is nothing special and his rebounds are about equal to his turnovers. Finally, if you've watched him at all in Indiana, once the ball went into him it was like going into a black hole--it never came out to anyone else. Is that the kind of player that will fit into the Spurs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He wouldn't insist on starting or playing 30mpg. He has never insisted on that in his career. However, he'd probably play about 28 mpg backing up Bruce/Manu and playing the 4 during small ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes, we really need him

http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/...s/16532789.htm

Jackson's court date could lead to immediate jail time
    By Geoff Lepper
    CONTRA COSTA TIMES

OAKLAND - The jokes are ready-made. When someone plays a position commonly referred to as "shooting guard" and they're arrested after firing at least five shots during an altercation outside a strip club, you don't have to be a staff writer for David Letterman to come up with zingers.

But the legal entanglements of Warriors guard Stephen Jackson should be no laughing matter.

When Jackson, acquired by Golden State from the Indiana Pacers last week, appears in a Rochester Hills, Mich. courtroom on Friday, there is a chance that he could be immediately incarcerated for 93 days.

Even worse, if he's convicted of the three charges he faces in Indianapolis stemming from an early-morning Oct. 6 incident at an establishment called Club Rio, Jackson faces up to five more years of imprisonment.

"I worry about what I can control," Jackson said. "And the only thing I can control right now is living my life the right way and playing basketball."

Jackson's court appearance this week deals with the probation he's served since pleading no contest in September 2005 to misdemeanor assault charges from the infamous brawl between the Pacers and the Detroit Pistons in November 2004. Jackson went into the crowd after teammate Ron Artest and become involved in a melee with fans.

Originally, Friday's hearing was supposed to deal with some disputed medical costs for one of the fans involved in the brawl. But the Club Rio incident opened up whole new avenues.

"It's conceivable that he could be missing some games," said Paul Walton, the Oakland County prosecutor in charge of the case.

James Bur , Jackson's attorney, said that he expects something significantly less stringent than that from judge Julie Nicholson.

"I really don't think this judge is going to make a federal case out of this," Bur said. "Even though he's been charged in another jurisdiction, he hasn't been proven guilty and he was a victim."

Said Jackson: "I'm just ready to get it over with and hopefully, come Friday, it will be."

Not in Indiana, where Jackson was charged with felony criminal recklessness for firing multiple shots into the air before and after being struck by a car, police said. That occurred after a confrontation between a group of Pacers and other Club Rio patrons.

Jackson is slated to attend a pre-trial conference on Feb. 7 and his trial is scheduled to begin on Feb. 12, although that date could be pushed back. Ironically, Jackson's case is on the same Feb. 12 docket as that of Deon Willford, the man accused of driving the car that struck Jackson.

Even though the criminal recklessness charge is a "D" class felony -- the lowest of four types in Indiana law -- it carries with it a sentence of six months to three years in prison. The additional misdemeanor charges he faces of battery and disorderly conduct can lead up to a year each.

A conviction for a violent felony results in a minimum 10-game suspension by the NBA and it could leave the door open for the Warriors to try and void Jackson's contract.

Warriors executive vice president Chris Mullin wouldn't discuss the specifics of Jackson's case but said the team will do whatever it can to help Jackson meet his court commitments and those of the team. Jackson will miss practice on Friday; it's unclear what will happen on Feb. 7, when the Warriors play in Minneapolis, or Feb. 12, when they'll be in Denver.

Regardless of the outcome, Jackson said he feels like he's getting a bad rap.

"I went 26 years of my life without getting into trouble and the two times I got in trouble, I was trying to help a teammate, which I will never do again, off the court," Jackson said. "Before the Detroit brawl I'd never been suspended or kicked out of a game. I'd never been in an NBA fight, with any player, in my career. So I know people on the outside looking in really don't know me. ... I can't control what people think about me because at the end of the day people are going to think that anyway."

Just kicking ass and winning Championships!!! VaSpursFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A conviction for a violent felony results in a minimum 10-game suspension by the NBA and it could leave the door open for the Warriors to try and void Jackson's contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go Pelican Bay Spurs Go.

Just kicking ass and winning Championships!!! VaSpursFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go Pelican Bay Spurs Go.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This season, SJax is shooting (basketballs), of FG 41% and 3G 31%.

He's 0-5 in bumper-crunch-time shooting %age from beyond the arc of the night club.

Michael is shooting FG 38% and 3G 30%.

Spurs are shooting FG 47% and 3G 39%

Neither SJax nor Michael is a rebounder, stealer, assister, hustler.

They are both pure scorers who are shooting much worse than the Spurs team.

"I was trying to help a teammate"

With "help" like SJax's, his teammates and team are better off with "I will never do again". What a conceited dumb balla.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But we need to get him as soon as possible! And, like, start him as point guard!

Thread Information