Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    ravens got a huge call tbh... big question is why they are wasting downs giving gus edwards and justice hill the ball when ingram has been their best player today (1 crucial fumble though)
    ...... maybe because Ingram has to last the whole season, and they already figure they have this game in the bag and want to distribute carries accordingly? Just a thought?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    i mean clearly, there's a time and a place to use jackson like that. i just think they go to it too often

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    ...... maybe because Ingram has to last the whole season, and they already figure they have this game in the bag and want to distribute carries accordingly? Just a thought?
    its not like he's been getting 25 touches per game where its a concern

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    yeah, i think his time out of the game is the biggest reason to avoid him at this point. which is ridiculous since his time out of the game was pretty ridiculous imo.
    tbh I don't think it was a question of whether or not he could play in the NFL, but more of he was a backup at that point and why would anybody sign a backup quarterback that would bring all the negative publicity with him?

​Admittedly, it was majority his fault for making such a big stink and then turning down some contracts that weren't the dollar value he wanted circa 2017. Even with all the political stink crap he could have had a job if he wanted one but he refused to sign for a 1y/6m type prove it deal as a backup and then the next year when he was open to that it was kind of too late.
    I don't recall him ever getting an actual offer. The only team that I remember who was actually interested was the Ravens until his wife posted a Django Unchained meme on social media

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Tick tock, tick tock tbh...

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    14 play, 9.5 minute touchdown drive. brutal. that penalty call was HUGE

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    tick tock... and there it is... Patriots

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    tbh I don't think it was a question of whether or not he could play in the NFL, but more of he was a backup at that point and why would anybody sign a backup quarterback that would bring all the negative publicity with him?
    that's legitimate, and i think i've spoken to that point too. i just find it absurd when people (usually conservatives who know jack about football like darrin) say things like "kaep's not out of the league because of his politics, its because he's a terrible player"

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I had this pegged as a loss for the Patriots way back in July/August tbh.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    that's legitimate, and i think i've spoken to that point too. i just find it absurd when people (usually conservatives who know jack about football like darrin) say things like "kaep's not out of the league because of his politics, its because he's a terrible player"
    Well those guys probably didn't watch football in 2012 or 2013, when he was 4-0 against Aaron Rodgers including dousing him in the playoff twice for 300 combined rushing yards and 400 combined passing yards, gave the Legion of Boom fits with his running between tight holes and that signature rocket throw back to the middle across his body on the move that was surprisingly accurate and the same type of play we all love up Mahomes for today.

He definitely wasn't terrible in his prime, the problem is that he wasn't particularly effective in 2016 (albeit with a bad/gutted s of a team) and hasn't played an NFL snap ever since.

Did Brady get a hair transplant.
    They showed him talking to Julia Edleman and he looked like Derek Zoolander.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Only pussies & assholes use the ignore feature on an internet message board.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    not even bothering to mention Dak's name when talking about the tough upcoming QBs
    Dak will always be the darker skinned version of Alex Smith tbh while Watson is basically Warren Moon

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    This is the time of game if I'm Harbaugh I'm sending my 4th string special teams linebacker straight at Brady's ACL. 15 yard penalty? Who cares, the game is over. Win the season, NOW.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    14 play, 9.5 minute touchdown drive. brutal. that penalty call was HUGE
    It's like when a team gets a try off a maul in rugby. Very demoralizing.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    mono put me on ignore approximately 8 seconds before making that post just to make a funny... trying so hard

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Congratulations Chinook

Nice, well built team. Don't think they can win a Super Bowl until/unless Jackson ever is able to lead his team down the field with his arm, but it's a good night tonight.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    i dont know what that means but i will trust that it is demoralizing

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Nice win. The Pats passing on Lamar for Sony ing Michel will go down as one of Belichick’s worst decisions.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Wow... 15 pages for this week's Game Thread, season high for 2019. And you know what's great? We still have MNF tomorrow night... featuring the Cowboys. Should be awesome.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    ravens got a huge call tbh... big question is why they are wasting downs giving gus edwards and justice hill the ball when ingram has been their best player today (1 crucial fumble though)
    Edwards was a beast last year and had a TD tonight IIRC. Hill is there because he's a great receiver and probably the best in space (or at least that's the hope). One of the main ways to make a run-first/second team work is by spreading touches around as much as possible. In the same way you think Jackson should take fewer hits, Ingram is aging and doesn't need to do everything.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Edwards was a beast last year and had a TD tonight IIRC. Hill is there because he's a great receiver and probably the best in space (or at least that's the hope). One of the main ways to make a run-first/second team work is by spreading touches around as much as possible. In the same way you think Jackson should take fewer hits, Ingram is aging and doesn't need to do everything.
    i hear you. edwards did have a TD today (ingram came off the field after his 50+ yard scamper to catch his breath). i dont have an issue with spelling him when needed, but he doesnt have the workload to justify as much relief as they are giving him. edwards hasn't been nearly as effective as ingram this year, and before today, ingram's screen game usage had been virtually non-existent to this point, something he was fantastic at with new orleans. even when kamara emerged as a weapon in the 2017 season, ingram put up 50 catches.

when the ravens picked him up, i thought in this offense, he'd be used a lot more creatively. he's still on pace for over 1100 rushing yards, so i might be being a bit harsh, but it catches my eye every time i watch a ravens game. ingram is already 30, and unless you're counting on a frank gore career, he probably doesnt have more than 2-3 serviceable seasons left in him, and the guaranteed money in his contract wont go beyond that anyway. might as well use him.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Congratulations Chinook

Nice, well built team. Don't think they can win a Super Bowl until/unless Jackson ever is able to lead his team down the field with his arm, but it's a good night tonight.
    It's gonna be a balance between him running enough to open up the game and throwing enough to keep teams from committing to the run. He played well enough to win, but he hasn't really had a team commit wholely to stopping the run who wasn't the Dolphins. I think the Ravens would have a hard time beating the Pats if they meet in the playoffs unless Jackson takes another step as a passer.

Thread Information