Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gregg Popovich Suggests Scrutinizing Political Donations Of NBA Owners

Pop's lost his edge and is nothing short of an SJW these days virtue signaling when given the chance. Retire already!

Great replies below...

"Pop is such a virtue-signalling phony. There's nothing brave about what he's espousing, he's literally pandering to the masses based on willful ignorance. Where was he when people were telling Daryl Morey to shut up about Hong Kong? If he were really principled he would have taken a stand then too, not just when it's convenient.

I'm a liberal but being from Canada I'm not a partisan Democrat so I think I can be objective in this. Why would he target Republican politicians when the majority of these shootings are happening in Democrat controlled cities? The majority of these attacks on Asians are in Democrat controlled cities.

Republican Senator Tim Scott (a black man) put forward a police reform bill last year that gave the Democrats 10 amendments they could make to the bill. The Democrats refused to push it forward, saying they wanted to do it when they had control of congress because it didn't do enough. Now they have control of all three branches and they've still proposed nothing to address the issue.

Pop is a smart guy so I have to imagine he knows this and is choosing to deliberately spout divisive, partisan propaganda. I have no respect for this ****."

"Couldn't agree more. If spurs owner gave trump money, is he going to return all the money he has taken from him?"

"I wish someone in the media would legit throw that question at him considering his ownership did donate to the Trump campaign."

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no one should learn about anything! too political!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some really stupid conservative cliches in those replies.

Obviously if we're going to consider money as speech, we can and should look at who is supporting stupid things with their wallets. The question would be what Pop wants us to do with what we'd learn. If he wants owners who donate to GOP candidates to be forced to sell their teams or whatever, then obviously that way too far and will backfire. If he just wants a light to be shined on them so they face some pressure to change their stance, well that's perfectly normal. Free speech depends on being able to criticize others for what they say. The marketplace of ideas only works if the ty ideas go away. Instead, too many of them get coddled by the stupid liberal ideas of "fairness" and "politeness". We need to stop giving out participation trophies to stupid regressive ideas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Obviously if we're going to consider money as speech, we can and should look at who is supporting stupid things with their wallets. The question would be what Pop wants us to do with what we'd learn. If he wants owners who donate to GOP candidates to be forced to sell their teams or whatever, then obviously that way too far and will backfire. If he just wants a light to be shined on them so they face some pressure to change their stance, well that's perfectly normal. Free speech depends on being able to criticize others for what they say. The marketplace of ideas only works if the ty ideas go away. Instead, too many of them get coddled by the stupid liberal ideas of "fairness" and "politeness". We need to stop giving out participation trophies to stupid regressive ideas.
    No one needs to prove to Pop who they support or don't support. Who the does he think he is? F him!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drunk ass senile needs to figure out how to be a good coach when he doesn’t have Tim Duncan’s coattails to ride on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drunk ass senile needs to figure out how to be a good coach when he doesn’t have Tim Duncan’s coattails to ride on
    Exactly

You notice the trend of when he became this shill?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry all the owners don't follow the same cucks you follow, senile old

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one needs to prove to Pop who they support or don't support. Who the does he think he is? F him!
    Did Pop ask for himself to be appointed as the person who audits the owners? Thought it was more like he was calling for their donations to be public record.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop demanding we do investigations into and punishments of anyone who contributes money to Republicans is pretty unhinged stuff that even further divides people. I'll even go so far as to say it's an evil idea. I hope he finds the wisdom to reflect on what he has said and walk it back, although his track record isn't very encouraging...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Pop ask for himself to be appointed as the person who audits the owners? Thought it was more like he was calling for their donations to be public record.
    Political contributions are already public record.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pop triggering snowflakes like the OP

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go back to Canada, op, we’re full of dumb conservatives already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs need a little snowflake with calf-tats, am sure OP is ready to step up and god bless you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cry me a river, justin calf tats

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    OP is drugged out crackhead incel with twig legs and calf tats

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And ty ideas only go away if the marketplace of ideas is free to work...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    popovich is full of . His own boss and friends, the Holts, gave Trump his biggest donations lol. Who does he think he's fooling? I don't care who donates to whom. All of these politicians are liars. Popvoich needs to worry about his goddamn lineups instead of being concerned with who is donating to whom.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why should their donations be public record though? If that's the case lets see the donations given by the players, the coaches, the med staff, the trainers, et al too. It's only fair! As well lets really try and justify the NBA's relationship with China and if Pop is such a political figure then start telling it as it is; Pop you're benefiting by the death of many in the Uyghur community out in China, the oppression of the Chinese by the CCP, and the money you receive has blood on it which you're culpable of.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think I'm from Canada and am a Conservative? LMAO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs need a little snowflake with calf-tats, am sure OP is ready to step up and god bless you.
    I made a thread based off an article pertaining to the Spurs/Pop in the right forum yet you're here ing about being triggered. You triggered bro?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Political contributions are already public record.
    Only in very specific cir stances are they public record. There are many loopholes.

My point was more that Pop wasn't asserting he had some special privilege to audit owners as much as he was saying that the public should hold owners accountable for where they put their money.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the public should hold owners accountable for where they put their money.
    more precisely, all professional black athletes should know if their owners are contributing to suppress black voters.

Thanks to the corrupt right-wing SCOTUS, team ownership can contribute to suppression of black voters through dark money.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who cares if owners donate to conservative causes? If you do, then stop following the Spurs and stop rooting for the team. If it weren't for those conservative owners, the league wouldn't be where it is today and there would not be a platform for guys like Pop or any star basketball players to ever make their money. But if you are against Republican owners or them contributing money to Trump or whatever cause they want to support, then stop watching the Spurs. Give up your fandom.

I'm fine with Pop donating to BLM or Antifa or whatever he wants. I'm not fine with him getting outcoached by everyone for the last 5 years.

I like the Spurs and I root for them. I don't care if the owner is a Republican or a Democrat. I don't care if Pop is a liberal and I don't care that he wouldn't mention a word against ownership in 1999 when he was about to get fired, but he'll do it now once he's made his millions and his coaching career is almost over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who cares if owners donate to conservative causes? If you do, then stop following the Spurs and stop rooting for the team. If it weren't for those conservative owners, the league wouldn't be where it is today and there would not be a platform for guys like Pop or any star basketball players to ever make their money. But if you are against Republican owners or them contributing money to Trump or whatever cause they want to support, then stop watching the Spurs. Give up your fandom.

I'm fine with Pop donating to BLM or Antifa or whatever he wants. I'm not fine with him getting outcoached by everyone for the last 5 years.

I like the Spurs and I root for them. I don't care if the owner is a Republican or a Democrat. I don't care if Pop is a liberal and I don't care that he wouldn't mention a word against ownership in 1999 when he was about to get fired, but he'll do it now once he's made his millions and his coaching career is almost over.
    Its kinda disingenuous when some owners support black causes and but also the conservatives candidates who oppose black causes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cry me a river, justin calf tats
    OP is drugged out crackhead incel with twig legs and calf tats

Thread Information