Page 50 of 76 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1898
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard had two years left when he started sitting out.
    Three years, I think, if you count the option year.

In other words, Kawhi actually played only two years of a five year deal. (And he essentially missed the last two playoff series of the second year.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ben Simmons has landed in Philly

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Took his covid test.... I guess they have to pay him the 25% of his salary now....so he can afford to tell Morey to suck it and sit out next week lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, Tatum is just now good enough to do what the Celtics needed him to do when guys like Kemba and Hayward were physically able to be championship pieces. Brown's a very good player, but the Celtics are likely going to have to trade him in the move for a real star. They're also going to have to draft way better than they have recently. They've had several busts as big as Sam over the years. They should have excellent depth at least, but they are razor thin. It's rather inexcusable how badly Ainge handled his war chest outside of two very good picks.
    Any way we can get him? Maybe trade our 1st for him when they flame out at the end of the year. I don’t see us drafting a guy as good as Brown and SG is an actual need at this point. Plus he’s young enough to survive one year of a proper tank next year. Him, Murray, and KJ, would be intriguing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any way we can get him? Maybe trade our 1st for him when they flame out at the end of the year. I don’t see us drafting a guy as good as Brown and SG is an actual need at this point. Plus he’s young enough to survive one year of a proper tank next year. Him, Murray, and KJ, would be intriguing
    You're probably looking at White, Primo/Vassell (whichever looks better) and at least one first. I could definitely see that being an overpay, but Boston would need a lot to sell Brown. He's got at least the same value as Simmons, considering where their teams are. The best I could see the Spurs doing is coming in as the third team in like a Lillard trade and taking Brown for a ton of future value to Portland, who'd want to tank if they decide to move Dame.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bored with Simmons, is everyone going to fall in love with Brown now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Took his covid test.... I guess they have to pay him the 25% of his salary now....so he can afford to tell Morey to suck it and sit out next week lol
    He’s already been paid 25% in July. He should get the second 25% now. If he really wants out, he should tell Morey that he has until the February trade deadline, and then he’s walking. No stretch run, no playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Milwaukee got weaker. And, as we know, it's hard to keep that intensity up after winning the le. I like the addition of Lowry, if he has anything left in the tank. Same for P.J. Tucker. Miami has a nice mix of youth and veterans and some pretty good shooting to boot. I wasn't excited with Milwaukee's off-season. We'll see.
    I have to disagree on Milwaukee! They lost Tucker, who will turn 37 this season and actually had pretty bad advanced stats. I'm guessing some of his minutes will be replaced by Jordan Nwora, who is 23, a much better 3 pt shooter, 3" taller, and who played extremely well in summer league. Barring injury, DiVincenzo will be back for the next playoff run, and he's better than Forbes or McTeague, the two guards they lost this off season. Ojeleye, Allen, & Hood can all hit threes, so they work as deeper bench guys. Portis and Holiday are more firmly acclimated. I think they're better, especially if Nwora develops into a regular net positive rotation guy, which I think he will.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 10-12-2021 at 01:33 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have to disagree on Milwaukee! They lost Tucker, who will turn 37 this season and actually had pretty bad advanced stats. I'm guessing some of his minutes will be replaced by Jordan Nwora, who is 23, a much better 3 pt shooter, 3" taller, and who played extremely well in summer league. Barring injury, DiVincenzo will be back for the next playoff run, and he's better than Forbes or McTeague, the two guards they lost this off season. Ojeleye, Allen, & Hood can all hit threes, so they work as deeper bench guys. Portis and Holiday are more firmly acclimated. I think they're better, especially if Nwora develops into a regular net positive rotation guy, which I think he will.
    I agree. Milwaukee are better on paper than Miami but will have a tough time only against Brooklyn as Kevin Durant just makes a huge load of difference and it will be too much to ask Antetokounmpo to guard him alone. Brooklyn should weather its nonsensical Kyrie Irving storm over the course of the season. If they do that, they will be the favourites. If they dont and the distraction snowballs into disruption, Milwaukee will remain favourites.

The irony is that both Milwaukee and the Nets are where they are now because of two former Spurs alumni - Coach Bud and Sean Marks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wholly agree on this, and you left out the most important factor in MWK getting better: Giannis is now a champion, a proven #1 option, an experienced player. He'll be healthy after an off-season of rehab on his knee, and given his mindset, he's probably not gonna be any less hungry than he was last season. That confidence and swagger is an absolute edge, especially for a two-way force like him, and will give him the confidence to expand his game further.

To a lesser degree, Middleton should benefit from this too, though I've always kind of disliked his volatility. Never looked like a guy you could rely on to me, but he's a champion now, too, so who gives a what I think of him...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bored with Simmons, is everyone going to fall in love with Brown now?
    Pretty much. Though Brown does everything you want for SG. Hits the 3, can put it on the deck, and is a team player

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Jaylen Brown actually on the market?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Jaylen Brown actually on the market?
    Nope

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then who are they talking about LUL

I'm over here scratching my head looking for trade rumors ... :/

I'd give my left nut for Jaylen... LUL metaphorically speaking of course..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope you're correct, because I certainly will be rooting for Milwaukee this season over both Brooklyn and Miami.

You're definitely correct in the fact that Milwaukee got better by getting rid of Bryn.

Fvck!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oops... I meant the NBA player Jeff Teague, not the character in the old Frank Norris novel.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the talk is Ben is open to going back to the sixers . Not sure if the relationship is fixable but the fine by the sixers definitily has had an impact on Ben holding out. His party after being told they had no way of getting that fine money back are now in talks about resuming with the sixers.

Definitely over this drama . A template on how to handle the disgruntled star trying force his way out? Hopefully the spurs are taking note.

Always felt the spurs should of taken more of a hard line approach in the past in regards to the mute.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the talk is Ben is open to going back to the sixers . Not sure if the relationship is fixable but the fine by the sixers definitily has had an impact on Ben holding out. His party after being told they had no way of getting that fine money back are now in talks about resuming with the sixers.

Definitely over this drama . A template on how to handle the disgruntled star trying force his way out? Hopefully the spurs are taking note.

Always felt the spurs should of taken more of a hard line approach in the past in regards to the mute.
    It’s not that he’s open to going back to the Sixers as much as he’s open to not losing anymore money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I still don’t see how this will turn good for Morey and the Sixers. He’s just delaying the inevitable. Simmons is gone in spirit. He’s probably just agreeing so not to get penalized more and just wait out at least getting paid (see Harden). It’s not going to look good in the locker room. The earlier the Sixers move on and get Embiid and the team the suitable replacement, the better and avoid any more distractions.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s not that he’s open to going back to the Sixers as much as he’s open to not losing anymore money.
    Ya thats pretty much what im saying . Money talks

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still don’t see how this will turn good for Morey and the Sixers. He’s just delaying the inevitable. Simmons is gone in spirit. He’s probably just agreeing so not to get penalized more and just wait out at least getting paid (see Harden). It’s not going to look good in the locker room. The earlier the Sixers move on and get Embiid and the team the suitable replacement, the better and avoid any more distractions.
    Agree, this will happen. Getting back on court has pluses.. It might heal wounds and other interested teams get to see if Bens offeseason has improved his shooting. That will quell the doubt one way or another.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone think that there could be a Simmons for Kylie deal at some point? Would get both teams what they are looking for, 76 get a star player and nets get a player that is vaccinated and can play.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then who are they talking about LUL

I'm over here scratching my head looking for trade rumors ... :/

I'd give my left nut for Jaylen... LUL metaphorically speaking of course..
    Lol.... I think people are just bored so they're throwing it out there on the hope that Boston underperforms and they shake things up next offseason...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone think that there could be a Simmons for Kylie deal at some point? Would get both teams what they are looking for, 76 get a star player and nets get a player that is vaccinated and can play.
    scratch that one

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Somehow it all seems perfectly fitting that the same guy who questioned whether the earth was really round a few years ago (and then chastised the press for "making it a story") is now the self appointed spokesperson for the unvaccinated.

Thread Information