My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where is keldon in that game? Doghouse?

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow. The difference between our players and a real all-star level hooper is measured in light-years. We need to lose alot more. I want as much of a chance at that #1 as possible.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought my comment might garner this reaction. Too lazy/busy to change it. Not what I meant tho.

Tre is not good enough to be a real backup player in this league yet. He really can't shoot, not explosive or decisive enough to be really effective.

Ja..... that one I meant towards the whole team. From the last guy on the bench to DJ to Becky to Pop to Ownership. Ja is just ascending in the Association right now. He's got the explosive game. The refs worship him and are protecting him. We are a ty team.
    You know the part where you describe Tre, it apply to virtually every Spurs player now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manhandled

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean picking Zion over Ja was behind stupid. I said it then and I say it now. You just don’t choose the fat 6’6 tweener over the generational point guard. This game is built for players who are able to get in the paint and shoot. It’s funny but this game (and every game really that Ja plays) shows the difference between him and DJ. The dude just is able to get to the rim at will and attack and break down defenses at will. This is why I want a PG in the draft. I don’t know if Ivey will ever learn to shoot but that’s who I hope we pick. A guy who is fearless in the paint and can just attack all the ing time at the rim.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I sure miss those days when a guard would drive in to the lane two-three times before he got fouled hard and slammed on the floor….

only the tony parkers and manu’s of the world would keep driving to the hoop…

ja would have stopped driving in -in the first qtr

todays nba - you just let him drive in for layups until he scores 50

smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ja Morant playing like this sort of raises Ivey more, I think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ivey, as much as I like him, is not the same talent Ja was coming out of college (though Ivey’s younger than Ja was when he declared). Ja is legit a generational talent at the PG position. He would’ve been the consensus #1 overall pick in pretty much any other draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The last shot, Poeltl was just “f%ck that.” Didn’t even reach anymore

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welp, that's a suspension for Murray.
    lol should have been a T at most.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Memphis is clearly the better team and should beat the Spurs most nights on the road. That being said, I felt Memphis got EVERY ing bounce to go their way last night. Late shot clock three from 40 feet out from mediocre 3 point shooter? Swish. Loose ball falling to Memphis player instead of a breakaway for the Spurs? Full court nonsesne shot to end the half? Dunk of the year (has anyone checked to see if Jakob is dead btw?)? 10-0 run at the end of the 3rd after a bad quarter?

Part of that is the fact they are better and part of it is that Ja is just ing magic, but also part of it is just a night where things go your way. Spurs could have hit some more shots, but on the whole I thought they played pretty well on the road and were unlucky. They're simply not good enough to beat a team like Memphis when everything goes the other teams way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The rebounding on this team is frustrating to say the least...
    The rebounding is what frustrated me the most. They had to stop them twice, sometimes three times per possession.
    No way you'll ever win if you can't rebound after a miss.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The rebounding is what frustrated me the most. They had to stop them twice, sometimes three times per possession.
    No way you'll ever win if you can't rebound after a miss.
    McDougal had 1!!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Memphis is clearly the better team and should beat the Spurs most nights on the road. That being said, I felt Memphis got EVERY ing bounce to go their way last night. Late shot clock three from 40 feet out from mediocre 3 point shooter? Swish. Loose ball falling to Memphis player instead of a breakaway for the Spurs? Full court nonsesne shot to end the half? Dunk of the year (has anyone checked to see if Jakob is dead btw?)? 10-0 run at the end of the 3rd after a bad quarter?

Part of that is the fact they are better and part of it is that Ja is just ing magic, but also part of it is just a night where things go your way. Spurs could have hit some more shots, but on the whole I thought they played pretty well on the road and were unlucky. They're simply not good enough to beat a team like Memphis when everything goes the other teams way.
    Unlucky has been used too many times this season on close games. We are simply not good enough at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unlucky has been used too many times this season on close games. We are simply not good enough at this point.
    Well no we're not good enough, but its also possible that the Spurs have been very unlucky this season. In fact there is plenty of advance metric support for that.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t even get up for games against the Grizzlies anymore. I think they’re the only team this season that’s basically an automatic L for the Spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t even get up for games against the Grizzlies anymore. I think they’re the only team this season that’s basically an automatic L for the Spurs
    its the fathead curse. i don't think we've beaten them since we traded him. Maybe once if that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its the fathead curse. i don't think we've beaten them since we traded him. Maybe once if that?
    We have. Also, the Grizz signed him as a RFA. No trade just didn’t match their offer sheet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have. Also, the Grizz signed him as a RFA. No trade just didn’t match their offer sheet.
    True that, forgot about that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ja’s dunk, offensive on Poeltl’s face tbh

Last edited by John B; 03-01-2022 at 02:56 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

https://fb.watch/bucQ6Mk5WJ/
    haha really dude? Jak tried to defend it so it’s hard to get mad at him but Ja went top shelf for everyone’s enjoyment. PATFO hopefully got a nice lesson last night on building a future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    haha really dude? Jak tried to defend it so it’s hard to get mad at him but Ja went top shelf for everyone’s enjoyment. PATFO hopefully got a nice lesson last night on building a future.
    Yup look at that still-shot. That’s leaning with an elbow on the face while Poeltl was just parallel. Big guys get burn, just because nobody wants to void a great highlight. Kudos on Poeltl for trying though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Vicious

But yeah elbow to Poeltl's face is a nice way to make room for this dunk. you can see Poeltls head fling back at 27 seconds.

Like someone else said, good on Poeltl for not backing down. Still pretty sick dunk though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have the Spurs sent out Jakob's funeral information yet?

Thread Information