Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Felicidades Manu! My favorite Spurs player of all time. I wish he'd be interested in taking over coaching duties from Pop when the time comes.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great honor and validation for an amazing career. Looking forward to revisiting his many career highlights.

GOATS of a feather the golden era's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My favorite basketball player of all time and its not even close. I miss him so much. Can’t wait till he picks up the clipboard, hopefully it’s for the silver and black. Whenever he is ready, he will be an instant hire for some team in the NBA, quite like what happened to Nash. I suspect he is just waiting for his kids to get a littler older and enjoying them right now. He will be a fantastic coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My favorite basketball player of all time and its not even close. I miss him so much. Can’t wait till he picks up the clipboard, hopefully it’s for the silver and black. Whenever he is ready, he will be an instant hire for some team in the NBA, quite like what happened to Nash. I suspect he is just waiting for his kids to get a littler older and enjoying them right now. He will be a fantastic coach.
    Coaching is a very risky path and stressful as , and everything I've heard from him leads me to believe he's not up for it. But hey, I've felt the same way other times and I was proven wrong, so who knows.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The baseline passes is something I don’t see everyday. LeBron tries to do that, but not as pretty as Manu whips that ball and somehow gets to the guy at the other corner. To be honest, I’d always thought it was going to be a TO. But somehow he makes it every single time.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me, one of the biggest compliments that Manu ever got was when George Karl whined about how his long hair flying helped him suck out all those offensive fouls. Especially knowing the whole time that Denver tried their best to get Manu in a trade.

Manu deserves the honor, obviously. But maybe more than being good, he made watching fun.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He really did, but not only for winning gold. That helped open the eyes of the NBA to international basketball even more. But where he really changed the game is in two key points:

1) The Eurostep. The most dominant move ever.

2) The popularization of "efficient basketball". Manu was "three pointer or take it to the whole, no midrange crap" before it was popular. He played the game in the most efficient fashion way before the secret was out.

I repeat, people won't ever realize the true place that Manu holds in basketball history.
    Not just eliminating the midrange, but also the egalitarian offence argentina used I think was an influence on dantoni and pop and eventually the warriors.. argentina proved a less skilled team could beat superstars playing hero ball, a lot of people talk about pop evolving and adapting to his players, o think a lot of that had to with Manu's influence but it's not widely recognized

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top 5 SG of all time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not just eliminating the midrange, but also the egalitarian offence argentina used I think was an influence on dantoni and pop and eventually the warriors.. argentina proved a less skilled team could beat superstars playing hero ball, a lot of people talk about pop evolving and adapting to his players, o think a lot of that had to with Manu's influence but it's not widely recognized
    For sure.

Man, that dream team was stacked and insane talent, especially for a NT that wasn't a basketball powerhouse at the time. Scola, Chapu Nocioni, Delfino, Prigioni, Sánchez, Oberto, and more, all with a colossus in Manu at the helm. They really changed the game on the international level and showed Goliath could be beat.

Well deserved honor, Gracias Manu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coaching is a very risky path and stressful as , and everything I've heard from him leads me to believe he's not up for it. But hey, I've felt the same way other times and I was proven wrong, so who knows.
    It is also ungrateful as . Just watch Pop, arguably the greatest coach of all time and gets constantly crapped on by most here (including me).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top 5 SG of all time
    Scroll down my sig.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s a good take. Pop admitted on interviews that that Argentinian team was one of the best he’s seen, being in the receiver end, and it’s quite possible that that team influenced his coaching a lot, made easier of course with Timmy’s presence. But I see a lot of the similarities with Spurs beautiful game with Argentina’s golden team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man. I miss watching Manu! I got to see him hit a game winner in Madison Square Garden when Isiah Thomas was head coach of the Knicks. That Knicks team was awful but still pushed the Spurs to the death, Manu saved the Spurs on that night at the buzzer. Glad he could get his roses on the first ballot.
    Nice. I saw Manu hit a game winning buzzer beater here vs the Bucks in like 2009. A fond memory

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice. I saw Manu hit a game winning buzzer beater here vs the Bucks in like 2009. A fond memory
    I’m jealous! I moved away from SA after the first championship, wasn’t there for the Tony/Manu years but I saw them once a year when they got to NYC. I would’ve spent way too much on tickets if I stayed in SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not even slightly surprising tbh. Not sure about Parker though.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not even slightly surprising tbh. Not sure about Parker though.
    I think Parker will be first ballot too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He really did, but not only for winning gold. That helped open the eyes of the NBA to international basketball even more. But where he really changed the game is in two key points:

1) The Eurostep. The most dominant move ever.

2) The popularization of "efficient basketball". Manu was "three pointer or take it to the whole, no midrange crap" before it was popular. He played the game in the most efficient fashion way before the secret was out.

I repeat, people won't ever realize the true place that Manu holds in basketball history.
    We were really lucky to have him as a Spur.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That time he dunked on 4 Fakers at once

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For sure.

Man, that dream team was stacked and insane talent, especially for a NT that wasn't a basketball powerhouse at the time. Scola, Chapu Nocioni, Delfino, Prigioni, Sánchez, Oberto, and more, all with a colossus in Manu at the helm. They really changed the game on the international level and showed Goliath could be beat.

Well deserved honor, Gracias Manu
    Easily my favorite non Spurs team to watch ever. Even with Tim on the US team I was still rooting for Argentina to beat them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the last championship game, my son came in from Las Vegas and bought us tickets which was a great return for all the years I had season tickets for us 8 rows up behind the Spurs bench. When Manu came down the lane for that monster dunk among all the Heat players, I knew the game was over. The thing that sets great players like Manu, Bird, Jordan, etc apart is their determination to win. It's like the Force is with them, eh?

Congrats to my all-time favorite Spur.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    would have been epic if Duncan and Parker had shown up, snuck behind him and doused him with Gatorade......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Easily my favorite non Spurs team to watch ever. Even with Tim on the US team I was still rooting for Argentina to beat them.
    Timmy was the only reason I rooted for Team USA that year.....they were not a group that was easy to root for, that is for sure. I was so happy that Manu won the Gold, Fab too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My absolute favorite Manu play was the block from behind on Harden.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was in attendance back in November 2003 when Manu scored 33 PTS, 12 REB, 7 AST in a double overtime loss against Shaq, Kobe, Malone, Payton and the rest of the Lakers… where the Spurs we’re playing without both Duncan and Parker after Robinson’s retirement. That was Manu’s NBA greatness-coming out party… and he showed the world that the Spurs had added another formidable cog to their machine.

Congratulations Manu!
    Last edited by Phenomanul; 04-04-2022 at 10:41 AM.

Thread Information