Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wiggins was shooting really well and Steph couldn't miss, yet they were down 14
    Curry being unstoppable is sustainable, Mavs averaging 15 3s a half is not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , Dubs are gonna have the lead before the end of the quarter.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Curry being unstoppable is sustainable, Mavs averaging 15 3s a half is not.
    tbh they were just hitting ridiculously wide open 3s and still missed quite a few in the first half

not like they did anything special either

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Excellent choke job

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sweep incoming. Warriors are just much better.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    same thing

role players hit wide open shots, Mavs lead big

they start bricking and the GS defense packs the paint, GS goes on runs

just the way the mavs are built and GS is defending, this is the simple formula for the series.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    although luka needs to utilize the floater a bit more, he's getting those looks but not taking them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sweep incoming. Warriors are just much better.
    This tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Draymond is the most protected player in the league. This is a joke.
    Ok this is true no one gets away with more ref abuse

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I missed Green's 1st technical. Maybe makeup blind eye?

Mavericks stale 2nd Half. Warriors look solid but far from unbeatable. As I predicted it will be Celtics and long series. I might even take Boston. Warriors more prone to fall into lazy bad habits in long series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mavs' big man situation is so bad that Kevon Looney looks like an all star against them

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Barkley looking sharp in Mavericks kit. Shoulda have joined after Houston

Mavericks just don't have an iden y beyond we will make 3 pointers. Kinda sad this team made the Conference Finals. The Heat play better defense and team unity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dallas overachieved by even getting here. Just look at the Warriors players. Most of them are high picks, while you look at Dallas and its second rounders and undrafted guys. Dallas needs a great offseason to be a great team. They especially need a center. The fact that they got here with Powell and Kleber as centers is a miracle. These two dont scare anyone in the g league. Also, Brunson will never be a second star on a serious team, so overpaying for him will be the big mistake. Idk, they are like some random generated team with Luka and role players.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    But Kidd, who opted not to call a timeout as the Warriors made their run in the third quarter, felt the Mavs needed to be more aggressive off the dribble when their jumpers stopped falling.
    Kidd wanted them to drive the ball and not shoot so many 3’s in the third quarter, but opted not to call a timeout and tell them that. He’s already getting full of himself thinking he’s Phil Jackson.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Mavs' big man situation is so bad that Kevon Looney looks like an all star against them
    Powell/Kleber a total of 3 pts and 3 boards in 41 overall minutes.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Tough one for Suns fans, Looney > Ayton

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Kleber is not bad for the Mavericks style, but Powell is in the 'viability of suicide' tier of useless

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kleber is not bad for the Mavericks style, but Powell is in the 'viability of suicide' tier of useless
    he's bad, cause he's inconsistent as . He's a player that should be getting 10-15 min max in this kind of games, or actually in most games. And thats the whole teams problem. I love how Dinwiddie scores 25 one game and everyone is like ''see, Luka has enough help'', while this is not true at all. The team is horrible. They are basically playing 2 guys in the starting lineup that can dribble the ball. I know people like Finney Smith, but other than making an open three and being a solid defender, he can't do much. Same goes for Bullock. And Powell is just a guy that is lucky that Luka finds him when he's wide open. If I was Luka I'd be very concerned if he can't get a real second option, which Brunson will never be, as he's just a midget and playig him with Luka is a disaster for defense.
    If Dallas wants to be a serious team most of the team must go away. They are pretty much the Spurs, just that they have Luka, while the Spurs have a bunch of role players, that people believe in.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    he's bad, cause he's inconsistent as . He's a player that should be getting 10-15 min max in this kind of games, or actually in most games. And thats the whole teams problem. I love how Dinwiddie scores 25 one game and everyone is like ''see, Luka has enough help'', while this is not true at all. The team is horrible. They are basically playing 2 guys in the starting lineup that can dribble the ball. I know people like Finney Smith, but other than making an open three and being a solid defender, he can't do much. Same goes for Bullock. And Powell is just a guy that is lucky that Luka finds him when he's wide open. If I was Luka I'd be very concerned if he can't get a real second option, which Brunson will never be, as he's just a midget and playig him with Luka is a disaster for defense.
    If Dallas wants to be a serious team most of the team must go away. They are pretty much the Spurs, just that they have Luka, while the Spurs have a bunch of role players, that people believe in.
    people like you are what creates the skip baylesses of the world

it's very obvious the Mavs aren't the most talented team top to bottom, but you keep acting like it's a bunch of g leaguers, when in fact they are a lot of quality players who play their roles very well (similar to Jordans bulls squads). it's obvious that more help would greatly increase their odds, but each series after losing the first game people like you have said the same crap "Luka has no help, it's about to be a sweep" and each time the supporting cast made adjustments, stepped up, and came through. will they in this series? hard to say, they might not. but they deserve more credit than you are giving them, and Luka deserves his share of blame as well with how each series he has almost singlehandedly turned the momentum of a game bad because he killed offensive flow (g4 Utah, g5 pho, g2 GS). also his crappy shape and conditioning has led to being attacked on defense late in games when he's tired, and cost the team massively.

Luka is arguably the best player in the NBA, but he has his own flaws he's working through and learning from as well. I'd definitely love the Mavs to get more help, but after how they've continued to bounce back this whole run, they need to be credited massively as well. all of them have driven up their name recognition and trade value. even if they lose the series, this playoff run was a HUGE win for so many reasons, and the role players have been a big part of it

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dallas overachieved by even getting here. Just look at the Warriors players. Most of them are high picks, while you look at Dallas and its second rounders and undrafted guys. Dallas needs a great offseason to be a great team. They especially need a center. The fact that they got here with Powell and Kleber as centers is a miracle. These two dont scare anyone in the g league. Also, Brunson will never be a second star on a serious team, so overpaying for him will be the big mistake. Idk, they are like some random generated team with Luka and role players.
    Their success reminds me of the Lebron Cavs during the '07 playoffs granted that Cavs team made it to the finals but still it was obvious they shouldn't have been there but made it due to Lebron's great talent and his ability to elevate role players. Luka has this same type of ability but like Lebron it won't be enough to win a le without having a legit second star.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Their success reminds me of the Lebron Cavs during the '07 playoffs granted that Cavs team made it to the finals but still it was obvious they shouldn't have been there but made it due to Lebron's great talent and his ability to elevate role players. Luka has this same type of ability but like Lebron it won't be enough to win a le without having a legit second star.
    This is pretty much exactly what I said a week ago but you said it better.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    While I think Neo. is correct to a certain extent in that Luka needs to improve his conditioning and team play at times, by and large I think it's true that the team has overachieved. This is a group that needs a second AND third option much better than what they currently have in order to compete for the le. Unfortunately, they have no real clear way to get there other than a very lucky trade. They don't have and won't have good picks or cap space. I think they were ultimately correct in not investing more time in Porziginis but Brunson and company are not a good enough team to surround Luka with.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    tbh while ik a lot of people arent a huge fan of gobert, i think hes gotten way underappreciated. if the mavs had a way to get him while keeping the core of luka, brunson, and dodo intact, id go for him in a heartbeat. id be willing to sacrifice some offensive potential around luka, for a monster defensive squad. i truly believe the best way to build around luka would be to imitate how the bulls were built around jordan, in terms of being super strong defensively, and efficient on offense with players who know and play their roles perfectly. we dont need him to be embiid or jokic, we just need him to be tyson chandler.

tbh i think brunson has proven that while he isnt a traditional player we'd look at as a #2, he might be a very good #2 for luka in the proper system, especially because of the chemistry they have. he plays off him incredibly well, and has proven that he overcame his struggles with long defenders, and was eating Bridges/CP3 last series, and has generally gotten any shot he wants on Klay, Wiggins and Draymond so far. id of course prefer something better, but i think he might be better than he gets credit for being

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    people like you are what creates the skip baylesses of the world

it's very obvious the Mavs aren't the most talented team top to bottom, but you keep acting like it's a bunch of g leaguers, when in fact they are a lot of quality players who play their roles very well (similar to Jordans bulls squads). it's obvious that more help would greatly increase their odds, but each series after losing the first game people like you have said the same crap "Luka has no help, it's about to be a sweep" and each time the supporting cast made adjustments, stepped up, and came through. will they in this series? hard to say, they might not. but they deserve more credit than you are giving them, and Luka deserves his share of blame as well with how each series he has almost singlehandedly turned the momentum of a game bad because he killed offensive flow (g4 Utah, g5 pho, g2 GS). also his crappy shape and conditioning has led to being attacked on defense late in games when he's tired, and cost the team massively.

Luka is arguably the best player in the NBA, but he has his own flaws he's working through and learning from as well. I'd definitely love the Mavs to get more help, but after how they've continued to bounce back this whole run, they need to be credited massively as well. all of them have driven up their name recognition and trade value. even if they lose the series, this playoff run was a HUGE win for so many reasons, and the role players have been a big part of it
    Yea they perhaps are similar to the Jordan Bulls teams.. the ty 80's ones.
    And i have said lots of times, especially at the beginning of the season that Luka needs to be in a better shape, cause this season it was pathetic how he came in. But even a healthy Luka wont win u a ring with role players. He also gets tired cause he needs to do pretty much everything. I dont think a better shape will make a giant difference. Dallas has the most created open shots in the league. And its not cause of Brunson and Dinwidie.
    On the end of the day, Dallas roster needs changes and they also need a second star player.
    Another thing is, Luka is still playing just for fun, and is still not serious about all of this. Perhaps this year will make him get serious.

Gobert is a good option, but Brunson as the second option is not. Especially if u wanna have a defensivd team. Him and Luka just dont offer that much on defense. Cause Luka, even if a lot better than last years, is still just not quick enough and Brunson is just a midget. Dallas needs someone like Beal for the second option.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Yea they perhaps are similar to the Jordan Bulls teams.. the ty 80's ones.
    And have said lots of times, especially at the beginning of the season that Luka needs to be in better shape, cause this season it was pathetic how he came in. But even a healthy Luka wont win u a ring with role players. He also gets tired cause he needs to do pretty much everything. I dont think a better shape will make a giant difference. Dalas has the most created open shots in the league. And its not cause of Brunson and Dinwidie.
    On the end of the day, Dallas roster needs changes and they also need a second star player.
    Another thing is, Luka is still playing just for fun, and is still not serious about all of this. Perhaps this year will make him get serious.
    no one said that they dont need upgrades

just theres no need to act like the team is just some pathetic pile of trash. they are solid, just not great. one or two pieces can take them to that great level, as opposed to replacing every single player as you suggested.

Thread Information