Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Headcase is probably too strong, but I know that he and Trae don’t get along. Most late first round picks don’t evolve into divas, but he seems to have a bit of that in his personality.

A relevant stat, the top five NBA players in usage percentage, USG%, this season.

Embiid, USG% of 36.3, on a winning team.
    Trae Young, 35.2, on a team with a losing record.
    Giannis, 35.0, winning team.
    Donovan Mitc , 33.1, winning team.
    Ja Morant, 32.6, winning team.

It doesn’t take a diva or a headcase to think that something in that list doesn’t look right. John Collins has a legit complaint. (Collins’ own USG% is 19.9.)

It’s fine for a player to dominate usage when the team is winning. But it isn’t good when the team is losing, and talented players stand around twiddling their thumbs while they watch the ballhog.

Also, of the top 25 players in USG% this season, only two have more turnovers at this time than Trae Young - James Harden and Russell Westbrook. Not only is Trae hogging the ball, he’s losing it a lot.

So it’s easy to see why John Collins would be displeased.

Closer to home, altho DJM has become very much the Spurs’ dominant player this season, his USG% is 26.3 which is probably not out of line. Some other Spurs:

Derrick, 20.8
    Keldon, 20.0
    McDermott, 18.2
    Poeltl, 18.1

Pretty good team balance. It doesn’t add to exactly 100% because of lineup variations, of course.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    coincidentally, one of my favorite playoff games of all time
    that game was amazing and 40-year old Manu showed that Harden doesn’t even come close to the player Manu was

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that game was amazing and 40-year old Manu showed that Harden doesn’t even come close to the player Manu was

That was Game 5 tbh (another all-time favorite). Game 6 was where Jonathan Simmons took a wet all over the entire Rockets organization.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You should really read up on what Fer ta did. He got rid of all the good role players and help there was on the team. Paul wasn't really the issue.
    I know what he did. Fer a teamed up with Harden and made Morey trade Chris Paul when Morey didn't want to do that. Especially not for Westbrook who was already then. Maybe you should read up on that, or listen up on it as there are podcast episodes where it came out. Simmons has spoken on it and so has Lowe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That trade was made because Tilman Fer ta wanted it made -- he thought Chris Paul's contract was the worst that he'd ever seen in business or sports -- and because James Harden wanted it made. James Harden, obviously there was a personality clash, this stuff has all been well do ented and well reported. I still believe, and I wrote this last summer before things went down. I still believe that if necessary they could have managed that situation; I know a lot of people throughout the organization believe that.But once Westbrook became available, they saw an opportunity that Fer ta and Harden wanted to pounce on, and they pounced on that. Daryl Morey was the biggest Chris Paul backer in the organization. Nobody -- Daryl or anybody else -- has ever told me that he made that trade with objections, that he made that trade despite not fully believing in it. But I just can't help but think that it was a deal where basically, his two bosses -- Fer ta and Harden -- said 'hey, we want this deal made, get it done.' And he did what he had to do to get it done.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/r...en-per-report/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you think you're wrong about something, why would you say it?
    Maybe because it's a sign of good character? Or maybe because it helps your credibility, especially for someone who's so extremely vocal about their opinion being fact.

I think you should admit that you don't have a good reason for your criticism besides apparent hurt feelings.
    Your head is so far up your ass that you think everything is about you.

We have a thread where people thought the Spurs were a top-five team when healthy, and when the idea was bumped, the response was, "They will be next year."
    This was ONE person. A person who's known to throw around extremely absurd ideas. John ing B.

And yes, there are people who do criticize people talking about acquiring other players and who don't want to engage with any discussion about the direction of the team because they believe the team is going in the best direction possible due to trusting the people running the show.
    This is yet another SINGLE person. This was Atl Spur, which everyone knows, is the resident cringe lord of homer takes.

So you take two people out of a thousand and make blanket statements about everyone else. And you're here thinking you're the victim of me "picking on you", yet you're the asshole who subscribes to childish "us against them (homers)" all because of two people, which coincidentally ruins any good argument your walls of texts usually has.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol…. Primo is on his way, Zollins is recovering, walker is still a mental midget, and patfo are still smarter than most! No hometown, just facts….. I for one would never pander to you CLOWNS on this board. Keep waffling back & forth to appease each other but please keep my name out your mouth. That’s all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was Game 5 tbh (another all-time favorite). Game 6 was where Jonathan Simmons took a wet all over the entire Rockets organization.
    true. Game 6 was Aldridge going nuclear as he always does in Houston with DJ putting up like 11/7/5 or something. That was a great game too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe because it's a sign of good character? Or maybe because it helps your credibility, especially for someone who's so extremely vocal about their opinion being fact.

This was ONE person. A person who's known to throw around extremely absurd ideas. John ing B.

This is yet another SINGLE person. This was Atl Spur, which everyone knows, is the resident cringe lord of homer takes.

So you take two people out of a thousand and make blanket statements about everyone else. And you're here thinking you're the victim of me "picking on you", yet you're the asshole who subscribes to childish "us against them (homers)" all because of two people, which coincidentally ruins any good argument your walls of texts usually has.
    haha Dejounte GOING INNNNNN!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See, at this point, I think you know you don't really have an argument but somehow became tied into your perception of some message-board beef you have to where you can't concede any ground. You can't with any intellectual honestly claim that I've said my opinions are fact. My opinions are opinions, just like everyone else's. No one else is running around having to clarify that. They get to make their normal assertions without having someone ing at them.

Moreover, you need to re-read what I wrote. If you think someone you're about to say is wrong, why would you say it anyway? It's not a sign of good character to say things you think could be wrong. I'd normally think it's just a misunderstanding and you assumed I meant something like "Why would you admit your wrong?" despite the fact that immediately following I say that I've been wrong and used to make threads specifically for talking about how wrong we (meaning me and anyone else who participated) were, but clearly you've gone so far off the rails that you likely got that obvious context and ignored it in an attempt to buoy your weak take.

This is pathetic. Yes, I think you specifically talking about me has something to do with me. Rather, I think it has to do with you being obsessed with trying to drum up whatever beef you think I have. I don't have beef with you. I have disagreements with you and criticisms for some things you say, but I will agree with you on points and give you props when I think they're due, just like with any poster. You're the one who just can't handle seeing me post.

Neither one of these stances are held by just one person. Even if they were, though, why do you think it would be better if I were to call these guys out directly? I can debate their stances without attacking them as individuals or defining their contributions on this site to be only about those stances. I have no problem quoting them directly when I want to respond to something they said, but I'm not going to just drag them into a conversation they aren't in to attack them.

So you take two people out of a thousand and make blanket statements about everyone else.
    Um, no? I don't actually think "everyone else" actually identifies with those stances. I think most of them understand where my point of view sits and agree and disagree with it to various measures. I was literally following up on people who were directly attacking Bod for his stance. Even you said you didn't agree with Bod's take, so why would you think I was talking about everyone else? Like just ugh, man.

And you're here thinking you're the victim of me "picking on you", yet you're the asshole who subscribes to childish "us against them (homers)" all because of two people, which coincidentally ruins any good argument your walls of texts usually has.
    First, don't talk about what ruins arguments or not if you don't actually understand what fallacies are. Even if I were the asshole blah blah us versus them, I could still be a victim of you picking on me. The first doesn't remove the second. Also, I do enjoy the general culture of Spurstalk where we can be homers, edgelords and various things in-between and snipe back and forth without worrying about TOS. I will defend that culture against other cultures that want Spurs fans to all behave one way or which dramatically curtail the extent to which posters can criticize each other. My criticism of people's posts isn't actually me trying to kick them off the site. I don't know if you think you're doing that to me or something, but if so, you should definitely stop overrating your influence. I don't think you're "picking on me". I think you're constantly whining and may have delusions about how helpful that whining is to the overall health of the forum. I think you have a role here and make good contributions, which is why I haven't put you on ignore. But your beefing and self-styled policing has never been it.

I'm sure you'll make some lame dismissive retreat and come back next time with a new specific criticism you'll try to sell as the "main thing wrong with me" or whatever. Or you could just not bother and move on to post about regular stuff and leave the beef behind. I've butt heads with many posters I get along with pretty well now. I'm not going to hold a grudge if you want to just let bygones be bygones.
    Last edited by Chinook; 01-29-2022 at 05:07 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A relevant stat, the top five NBA players in usage percentage, USG%, this season.

Embiid, USG% of 36.3, on a winning team.
    Trae Young, 35.2, on a team with a losing record.
    Giannis, 35.0, winning team.
    Donovan Mitc , 33.1, winning team.
    Ja Morant, 32.6, winning team.

It doesn’t take a diva or a headcase to think that something in that list doesn’t look right. John Collins has a legit complaint. (Collins’ own USG% is 19.9.)

It’s fine for a player to dominate usage when the team is winning. But it isn’t good when the team is losing, and talented players stand around twiddling their thumbs while they watch the ballhog.

Also, of the top 25 players in USG% this season, only two have more turnovers at this time than Trae Young - James Harden and Russell Westbrook. Not only is Trae hogging the ball, he’s losing it a lot.

So it’s easy to see why John Collins would be displeased.

Closer to home, altho DJM has become very much the Spurs’ dominant player this season, his USG% is 26.3 which is probably not out of line. Some other Spurs:

Derrick, 20.8
    Keldon, 20.0
    McDermott, 18.2
    Poeltl, 18.1

Pretty good team balance. It doesn’t add to exactly 100% because of lineup variations, of course.
    I don’t really follow Atlanta, but does John Collins have post games or create for himself? Otherwise he’d need a Trae Young to facilitate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t really follow Atlanta, but does John Collins have post games or create for himself? Otherwise he’d need a Trae Young to facilitate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey I don’t know . I mean Aldridge played a lot of ISO and changed to more of a catch and shoot as he got older and needed to space out the lane. While Poeltl has been posting lately and driving.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think some of you forget post are opinion based…. The idea is to add perspective and objectivity. There are absolutes substantiated by facts but the majority post here for fun/entertainment! Dejounte….chill out pimp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

he's not getting those isos. He's more of a roll man. Think DJ/Jakob 2-man game, but with Collins playing above the rim. Would be super efficient, especially cause Collins can also pop out and score off catch and shoots

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m undecided on how the picks would be dispersed but what are y’all’s thoughts on a trade with this framework:

ATL: White & Prince
    MIN: Young
    SAS: Collins

I’m sure Atlanta would want at least one 1st though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See, at this point, I think you know you don't really have an argument but somehow became tied into your perception of some message-board beef you have to where you can't concede any ground. You can't with any intellectual honestly claim that I've said my opinions are fact. My opinions are opinions, just like everyone else's. No one else is running around having to clarify that. They get to make their normal assertions without having someone ing at them.

Moreover, you need to re-read what I wrote. If you think someone you're about to say is wrong, why would you say it anyway? It's not a sign of good character to say things you think could be wrong. I'd normally think it's just a misunderstanding and you assumed I meant something like "Why would you admit your wrong?" despite the fact that immediately following I say that I've been wrong and used to make threads specifically for talking about how wrong we (meaning me and anyone else who participated) were, but clearly you've gone so far off the rails that you likely got that obvious context and ignored it in an attempt to buoy your weak take.

This is pathetic. Yes, I think you specifically talking about me has something to do with me. Rather, I think it has to do with you being obsessed with trying to drum up whatever beef you think I have. I don't have beef with you. I have disagreements with you and criticisms for some things you say, but I will agree with you on points and give you props when I think they're due, just like with any poster. You're the one who just can't handle seeing me post.

Neither one of these stances are held by just one person. Even if they were, though, why do you think it would be better if I were to call these guys out directly? I can debate their stances without attacking them as individuals or defining their contributions on this site to be only about those stances. I have no problem quoting them directly when I want to respond to something they said, but I'm not going to just drag them into a conversation they aren't in to attack them.

Um, no? I don't actually think "everyone else" actually identifies with those stances. I think most of them understand where my point of view sits and agree and disagree with it to various measures. I was literally following up on people who were directly attacking Bod for his stance. Even you said you didn't agree with Bod's take, so why would you think I was talking about everyone else? Like just ugh, man.

First, don't talk about what ruins arguments or not if you don't actually understand what fallacies are. Even if I were the asshole blah blah us versus them, I could still be a victim of you picking on me. The first doesn't remove the second. Also, I do enjoy the general culture of Spurstalk where we can be homers, edgelords and various things in-between and snipe back and forth without worrying about TOS. I will defend that culture against other cultures that want Spurs fans to all behave one way or which dramatically curtail the extent to which posters can criticize each other. My criticism of people's posts isn't actually me trying to kick them off the site. I don't know if you think you're doing that to me or something, but if so, you should definitely stop overrating your influence. I don't think you're "picking on me". I think you're constantly whining and may have delusions about how helpful that whining is to the overall health of the forum. I think you have a role here and make good contributions, which is why I haven't put you on ignore. But your beefing and self-styled policing has never been it.

I'm sure you'll make some lame dismissive retreat and come back next time with a new specific criticism you'll try to sell as the "main thing wrong with me" or whatever. Or you could just not bother and move on to post about regular stuff and leave the beef behind. I've butt heads with many posters I get along with pretty well now. I'm not going to hold a grudge if you want to just let bygones be bygones.
    All I'm going to say is Chinook is one of the best of the best here and I love reading his thoughts upon subjects and Dejounte is a main man, who I think the world of and these two guys are, of course, going to beef with one being the protag and the other being the antag.

I think that this is how it should be.
    It's like watching nature.

Carry on gentlemen.
    Carry on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fun fact: Collins got family in St. Croix and played for Wake Forest

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's not getting those isos. He's more of a roll man. Think DJ/Jakob 2-man game, but with Collins playing above the rim. Would be super efficient, especially cause Collins can also pop out and score off catch and shoots
    Exactly, so that usage rate was not really a good indicator. The ball needs to be with Trae to facilitate for him. If he’s an iso-kind-of-player or like Jokic who facilitates from post, then that usage rate would be higher. But Collins is not. And trading Derrick removes best pnr facilitator the Spurs have.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a world where the Internet has gone mainstream and even become real life, I just that these small community forums continue to exist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fun fact: Collins got family in St. Croix and played for Wake Forest
    Really?!!? There's gotta be some Timmy connection, then, right?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Atlanta is serious about shopping Collins and his price asks for a starting player and a first, we could send the mcd, young and Chicago first... They just lost a shooter like Reddish so a veteran shooter like McDermott could be very valuable for them, probably more than White... If they want want a reserve point guard too, Tre Jones cold be added...

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Smh, the media already trying to stir the pot to try and get Dejounte Murray out of San Antonio..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah fake news just by the Flaker news agencies are going to be all over him to come to Flakers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chinook bodied dejounte tbh

Thread Information