Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    or we have to overpay to keep him. Hard pass.
    Agrizzled

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This post perfectly encapsulates the treading water approach the spurs have taken these past 4 years. Just no direction whatsoever. They really have to hit a home run with this draft.
    I disagree. I think they had a plan over the last 4-5 years predicated on a LMA/Kawhi pairing, which obviously turned to the vastly inferior LMA/DDR pairing. That plan failed and ended, and last year ushered in a new approach (though it remains unclear what it truly is).

I also think something may have changed with the White trade or at least clarified their intentions to us fans. My hope is it means the start of a series of consolidations of the older “young guys” for more talented younger “young guys.”

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    naw!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This post perfectly encapsulates the treading water approach the spurs have taken these past 4 years. Just no direction whatsoever. They really have to hit a home run with this draft.
    Yeah, none of that is true. I don't think you've been paying attention.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ? The ideal playoff 4 everybody wants. I don't get the universal hate.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's ideal about a 4 who shoots 42.6% and is a truly dog rebounder? All he is is empty calories putting up a few points from high usage on a garbage team. And he's overpaid too. I don't see what anyone sees in him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading a lottery pick for Jerami Grant sounds like a move the Kings would make.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don’t give up two FRPs for a guy on an ending contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's ideal about a 4 who shoots 42.6% and is a truly dog rebounder? All he is is empty calories putting up a few points from high usage on a garbage team. And he's overpaid too. I don't see what anyone sees in him.
    Casuals. They see one year of 20 Ppg, and their pants.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is all relative. Take a look at all the 4 in the league.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reminds of days gone by with the ol "why doesn't our got front office trade Austin Daye plus our #29 draft pick for KD?"
    OP went completely the other way and is suggesting a massive overpay.

As for the actual idea of trading for Grant, I would only be in favor of it if the Spurs could also swing a deal for a true star (not Zach LaVine), and I don't see any teams with true stars being willing to trade them away for things like #9/20/25 and Keldon/Vassell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grant would be a seamless fit. Great offensive rebounder that can shoot and pass effectively enough. Paired with Poeltl, and allowing Keldon to slide to the 3, and Vassell the 2, that lineup would be offensively and defensively superior to anything this team has run out in years.

However, you don't trade much of anything for him because almost assuredly, you're only getting it for one year, outside of some pre-trade assurances to the contrary.

So, given all the other gaping holes to this team, and the possibility of ameliorating those deficiencies in this draft, it's just dumb front office work to throw around FRPs for that one year rental.

Anyone saying he wouldn't make this team better though is smoking some good .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grant would be a seamless fit. Great offensive rebounder that can shoot and pass effectively enough. Paired with Poeltl, and allowing Keldon to slide to the 3, and Vassell the 2, that lineup would be offensively and defensively superior to anything this team has run out in years.

However, you don't trade much of anything for him because almost assuredly, you're only getting it for one year, outside of some pre-trade assurances to the contrary.

So, given all the other gaping holes to this team, and the possibility of ameliorating those deficiencies in this draft, it's just dumb front office work to throw around FRPs for that one year rental.

Anyone saying he wouldn't make this team better though is smoking some good .
    The ? He averages 0.6 ORB a game. Soft ass Rasho Nesterovic averaged 3.1 ORB a game the only season he got similar minutes here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie wouldn't have a contract to trade here unless it's a sign and trade, correct?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Awful trade.

I can find two Grant with those 9 and 20 picks and at a lower price.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Awful trade.

I can find two Grant with those 9 and 20 picks and at a lower price.
    He's a $20M per year player who'll get a raise and plays the scarcest position in the league.

If any Spurs pick from this draft has the value of him, people will be doing backflips.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a $20M per year player who'll get a raise and plays the scarcest position in the league.

If any Spurs pick from this draft has the value of him, people will be doing backflips.
    He’s a chucker who never showed until allowed to put up as many shots as he wants on a tanking team. Duncan2150 is right. You can get two of him for 1/5 of the price, combined. He is absolutely nothing special. He’s also not getting a raise unless Detroit loses their mind for a second time. They’re being so stupid. They’re paying a yahoo like Grant, still losing badly, and missing on the opportunity to rent their space for additional picks.
    Last edited by exstatic; 05-29-2022 at 10:24 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Man, are you showing something with his salary ?
    He'll get a raise ?

Don't understand your arguments, grant is Not that good. He's a role player, the offense is so so with bad%, he's a bad rebounder.

Yes with a good development the spurs could find their grant with their picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thought this was gonna be a parody thread when I opened it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Pop was doing load management, Keita was force fed the ball in the LA game, and dropped 30 on them. It’s fools gold, just like it is with Grant. If you give anyone enough shots,they can score 20 or even 30 in an NBA game. If you’re on a bad team, that happens a lot more, and you get a Grant. There are differences, though, when a scrub does it. It usually takes a LOT of shots, like as many as points scored. They usually aren’t even looking at other players, so things normally go bad for the offense. Because of those reasons, a lot of games get lost.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I meant cartwheels.

He’s a chucker who never showed until allowed to put up as many shots as he wants on a tanking team. Duncan2150 is right. You can get two of him for 1/5 of the price, combined. He is absolutely nothing special. He’s also not getting a raise unless Detroit loses their mind for a second time. They’re being so stupid. They’re paying a yahoo like Grant, still losing badly, and missing on the opportunity to rent their space for additional picks.
    He's a 3 and D big wing with secondary shot creation. That's the current second most desirable/scarce archetype. He's not "special", but he is valued and you're going to find out how much if/when the Pistons trade him and on his next contract.

I realize playing here would continue to accentuate his bad habits, but again this is a "soft" re-build.

Man, are you showing something with his salary ?
    He'll get a raise ?

Don't understand your arguments, grant is Not that good. He's a role player, the offense is so so with bad%, he's a bad rebounder.

Yes with a good development the spurs could find their grant with their picks.
    Yeah, how valued his archetype is.

He's solid and likely to be better than Sochan, for example, ever will be.
    Last edited by TD 21; 05-29-2022 at 03:12 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait, it's not?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The ? He averages 0.6 ORB a game. Soft ass Rasho Nesterovic averaged 3.1 ORB a game the only season he got similar minutes here.
    Come on Baseline, your response utterly lacks context. Rasho was an immobile center that practically never ventured beyond 5 feet from the basket except to set a screen. Grant is a *PF* that practically lives 23 feet out in the corner, behind the 3 pt line. That said, he has really good numbers for a PF and has on at least a couple of occasions when playing him, eaten our lunch on the boards.

He's a solid player. And would make us better, especially next to Poeltl. So we disagree evidently on that. We do agree, however, that he's not worth picks even if we have different reasons why.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come on Baseline, your response utterly lacks context. Rasho was an immobile center that practically never ventured beyond 5 feet from the basket except to set a screen. Grant is a *PF* that practically lives 23 feet out in the corner, behind the 3 pt line. That said, he has really good numbers for a PF and has on at least a couple of occasions when playing him, eaten our lunch on the boards.

He's a solid player. And would make us better, especially next to Poeltl. So we disagree evidently on that. We do agree, however, that he's not worth picks even if we have different reasons why.
    He's empty calories who puts up meaningless scoring numbers because of usage on a bad team. No thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It still is, just not intentionally.

Thread Information