Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess nobody here knows he lost his grandma yesterday? Probably a little emotional

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s impulsive so it’s hard to know what the he is saying sometimes. I’m curious what he meant by the problems are bigger than basketball, but again, it’s probably just him spouting.
    Who knows what he meant? ST posters/conspirators/Pop, RC and Wright haters will use this tweet as an opportunity to slam the organization but it could just have easily been a dig at the Spurs FO, with DJ feeling he should have been maxed and the trade showed that the spurs were never going to offer him that. Ergo, DJ is slamming the Spurs for being cheap. Or, he could be taking a stab at the Spurs building around Primo and another core of younger players. Ergo, he's slighted because DJ may have regarded himself as the cornerstone for the Spurs franchise. In the end, who really cares? The Spurs made a solid decision and Murray has the chance to prove his naysayers wrong if it's that important to him.
    Last edited by rjv; 07-19-2022 at 02:40 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This didn’t happen in a vacuum. He’s being badgered by asshole Spurs followers.
    Atlanta fans are 100x worst!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn’t he recently reconcile with his long-estranged father? If so, wonder what kind of influence his father is having on him, if any.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn’t he recently reconcile with his long-estranged father? If so, wonder what kind of influence his father is having on him, if any.
    i don't think it was a all-in reconciliation. it felt more like DJ extending an olive branch.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i don't think it was a all-in reconciliation. it felt more like DJ extending an olive branch.
    I see. Do you know the full story? I only heard a brief mention of it in passing.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see. Do you know the full story? I only heard a brief mention of it in passing.
    just ask him on instagram. He's good with responding to strangers. just dont mention the spurs, cause he'll probably act like a baby.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just ask him on instagram. He's good with responding to strangers. just dont mention the spurs, cause he'll probably act like a baby.
    Thanks for that tip. It never would have occurred to me that he’d actually respond to strangers. Guess I’m too old to understand social media.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dang its real, which is pretty wild.

I guess you can say... In the end, Murray was not a culture fit.

Alright, F this kid. You don’t say that about a team that built you up. I remember watching him on draft night, pouting that he was still sitting there late in the first round because no other team wanted to deal with him. He was so butthurt he was picked so late. And him being an “all star” wouldn’t have happened unless Silver put him on the team. I’m so glad that I don’t have to cringe at his Instagram posts anymore and I’m pretty sure the FO is as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ would realize it more as a business when Trae, as playing offball, fails, and Trae starts handling the ball more and DJ was left to play 3 and D guy who shoots 32% from 3.

I understand what you’re saying. Still his character is not cut to be the Captain of a young impressionable team with his immaturities and twitter-happy fingers. The PATFO knows this and I’m sure considered when they decided to part ways. I don’t buy the, “we’re going to rebuild and we don’t want you to waste your prime years not competing”. There’s some truth to that, but if they had a player like Giannis who they know would someday be “it,” they’ll convince him all they can that this would just be temporary. It’s interesting that Keldon got a better extension than DJ, because Keldon is more the soldier who does not talk back, just goes about his business without drama. So yeah, DJ could read that as he was not “wanted”. Still you keep that to yourself and address the media the amicable way. The Spurs did so much for him. If he believed the things he said about the Spurs before, right now is the best way to show it, saying good things about the organization who helped him develop the player he is now.
    I'm not sure I'd say that KJ's extension was "better" than DJ when all factors are considered. DJ got 4/$64 coming off an ACL. DJ put up 8p/5r/3a in the season prior to that while KJ put up 17ppg before his extension. And when you factor in the inflation of salaries since then... I'd say that you can make an argument that DJ got the better extension than KJ all things considered.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everybody overreacting, imo.

The people that loved him are way too butthurt about this. He wanted to be in SA, wanted to be the face of the franchise and he's probably a little hurt that they didn't value him enough to spend the max. He's always been an emotional dude that likes to use "doubters" as motivation. That's all this is.

You also have the PATFO haters that are like "haha see this proves what I've been saying all along about PATFO". But really, DJ is on record calling Pop the GOAT, believing in the core players, and being a huge proponent of the "Spurs way" as recent as this off-season before the trade rumors emerged. DJ being hurt doesn't prove that this franchise is in shambles.
    I think this is a pretty fair and level headed take on it, but what he said does bother me. I expected more out of DJM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not really. i'm just going by the post and the video.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not really. i'm just going by the post and the video.
    https://twitter.com/toomightyszn/sta...tQf8ZsE9xZP5Hg

It’s pretty straight forward. Regardless he twitted this out of frustration, he should’ve known better or it shows his true color. Again for me, DJ is too weak to be the leader to lead especially a young rebuilding team. So good riddance

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s impulsive so it’s hard to know what the he is saying sometimes. I’m curious what he meant by the problems are bigger than basketball, but again, it’s probably just him spouting.
    You'd think a guy who's always tried to act like he's hard would at least have the balls to be specific, but it's almost certainly the usual they don't fit the narrow minded view of blackness that many inner city types have. The ungrateful, immature brat can go play stereotype in Atlanta now.

This organization has a choice: Either get with the times and start appealing to these types or go scorched earth on them, but enough with the gutless high road approach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know how to upload YouTube videos, but I can’t seem to upload Tweets or pictures.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know how to upload YouTube videos, but I can’t seem to upload Tweets or pictures.
    If you copy a link to a Tweet, the link will have a long string of numbers at the end. Take that number, and put it in [ *tweet* ] and [ */tweet* ] tags to embed the tweet (remove the spaces and astricts)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m sure Pop would dismiss when asked (if anyone has balls to ask ). But being the military guy that he is, he knows DJ is a weak, immature leader not cut to lead the new team. I don’t buy the “will send you on your way and not waste your time with a rebuilding team.” If they really thought DJ would be “it,” they would do all their best to convince him to stay. He’s never getting the max, and that’s what DJ was salty about. He’s not it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you copy a link to a Tweet, the link will have a long string of numbers at the end. Take that number, and put it in [ *tweet* ] and [ */tweet* ] tags to embed the tweet (remove the spaces and astricts)
    Thanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This didn’t happen in a vacuum. He’s being badgered by asshole Spurs followers.
    Badgered? Most all of the comments on that page were laudatory...and wishing him well. I too hope he does well because he was normally very happy being a spur.

But give me a break with the badgering. All he had to do to not get badgered before that tweet was not to tweet it (or IG it or whatever). Until then he was an athlete mostly beloved by Spurfan. And he's making many, many millions of dollars to not react to the one or two that wanted to poke him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You'd think a guy who's always tried to act like he's hard would at least have the balls to be specific, but it's almost certainly the usual they don't fit the narrow minded view of blackness that many inner city types have. The ungrateful, immature brat can go play stereotype in Atlanta now.

This organization has a choice: Either get with the times and start appealing to these types or go scorched earth on them, but enough with the gutless high road approach.
    Yup, we go high when they go low just leads to higher chance of hitting the fan for you one day or another.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whatever his motivations were, we can all agree DJ is pretty ing immature. I cringe at people airing on social media every single thought that crosses their mind. Keep some ing privacy, you ing histerical dumbass.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whatever his motivations were, we can all agree DJ is pretty ing immature. I cringe at people airing on social media every single thought that crosses their mind. Keep some ing privacy, you ing histerical dumbass.
    ^this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dumb move, in the same post where he's talking about how much he loves SA and how they will always be a family then go around and do that? Yeah, good riddance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm excited to see the Spurs tribute video for next season. They might go full "Inglourious Basterds" style...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This OP is aging quite well tbh

Thread Information