Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    premature ejaculation, this belongs upstairs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're tough covers for anybody... Spursfan of all people should know...
    Spurs frontline owned the out of the Griffin last year and this year. Ibaka had 1 fluke game last year.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TBH, we the way we are playing right now, relying heavily on Green and KL, Grizz will stomp the out of us.
    Memphis is relying on their scrubs just as much

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Memphis is relying on their scrubs just as much
    Grizz frontline is scary. TD is tired as . I would be scared of them but I still believe on this team.

Let's finish GSW first anyway tbh.

Gorilla Warfare KoolAid Mans Brother's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    OP made these same types of threads last year when SA was up 2-0 against the Thunder... He was even calling for another "dynasty" type run by the Spurs

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I called Memphis to be a tough out this playoffs before they even started, tbh... Gasol ultimately justified winning the DPOY by pushing Griffin's and Ibaka's in. They're a team that is hungry and play slow-paced, playoff-style basketball all season long, so the playoffs are basically a continuation of what they do. They're not shiny, but I don't think they're overrated at all.
    Ibaka is just missing the wide open shots he hit against us last year. Has nothing to do with Marc being a great defender. If Ibaka is getting less open shots it's because Grizz have other better defenders and Marc doesn't have help as much.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NBA got the series it wanted and the outcome it wanted even if it finally could not pull a rabbit out and skew it to 7 games or some like that.

Re this "artificially induced" finals, I am sure a lot watched and some even cared, that the Heat destroyed the Thunder.

Meanwhile, in all honestly, by far the two best and complete teams (the Bulls and Spurs) were home due to injuries or spurrious officiating at key moments and count the fans of the Celtics, Lakers and Mavs as also rightfully pissed off that their teams simply count not stand in the way of a dream match to end a shortened season. It iwll be peculiar for sure, that for some reason this season unlike the 99 season will not have an * attached to it; but one should be and doubled down as **2012 champs, for in reality the Heat are still a beatable team with no depth and poor skill at at least two positions, but whom somehow got the games called the way they needed for their superstars and of course "redeemed themselves" after last years seemingly equally scripted defeat where the NBA Gods placated Cuban finally.

Therefore, to get in step with what the Commish and the NBA Gods want many of you will coronate the King and revive his countdown to 7. You will surely pray and hope that Howard gets what the he really wants. You even will hope D. Williams goes to the Lakers or some such crap as that.
    A few of you wil surely also hope that things will work out well for the Lottery lucky (or enhanced) Hornets who went from being owned by the NBA to a tax write off for a car salesman.

However, count me out of really caring for the NBA so much anymore.

For as my 14 y/o said, Dad if they are not going to even give them a chance with the calls why the should we watch or even care anymore? One should not and I cannot - so out for at least a long, long time..

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ^

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Ibaka is just missing the wide open shots he hit against us last year. Has nothing to do with Marc being a great defender. If Ibaka is getting less open shots it's because Grizz have other better defenders and Marc doesn't have help as much.
    Gasol is fantastic defensively. He's the biggest reason for Memphis's success on defense. And easily the best center in the league right now. He's not gonna get outplayed by Duncan.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    dont say bad things about my team

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Gasol is fantastic defensively. He's the biggest reason for Memphis's success on defense.
    this

he isn't flashy, be he is pretty much always in the right position at all times, makes sure his teammates are in the right position at all times, guards the PnR very well, and can play straight up defense very well on most any type of big man.

he may not necessarily be the best defender in the league, but he has a bigger impact on a top tier defensive team than any other single player does. he actually reminds me a lot of the effect Tyson Chandler had the year he was with the Mavs, only Gasol is better all around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have a serie to finish tbh and Grizz have also one to finish

then and if we meet them they will be the favorites imho. They were the better team in 2011 and Spurs are two years older, Splitter and Leonard will be new factor in that serie but Grizz have gained a lot of experience and their style is quite adapted to the POs. Behind a dominant front court, Conley is extremely solid, their suffocating D is going to be a challenge for our young guys. If we meet I see them in 6, Spurs will have to play their A+ games in particular in the rebound department, huge workload ahead for Leonard, Tim and Splitter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way God doesn't let Tim get his 5th ring this year. He did it for David and he'll do it for Tim. God is good, and that's the good news.

My Team
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Post Count
    A crippled Thunder team, a Spurs team about to turn to dust, and a Warriors team led by baby faced Curry? No, Memphis isn't overrated.

Bonner/Blair can't do dat capek's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really sure what that statement has to do with that thread, but whatever.
    Just calling a a tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have a serie to finish tbh and Grizz have also one to finish

then and if we meet them they will be the favorites imho. They were the better team in 2011 and Spurs are two years older, Splitter and Leonard will be new factor in that serie but Grizz have gained a lot of experience and their style is quite adapted to the POs. Behind a dominant front court, Conley is extremely solid, their suffocating D is going to be a challenge for our young guys. If we meet I see them in 6, Spurs will have to play their A+ games in particular in the rebound department, huge workload ahead for Leonard, Tim and Splitter.
    I'd put money on that turning out not to be true. Everything you wrote is a quintessential example of a fan trying so hard not to be a homer that his analysis loses any connection to reality. The Grizz are a very good team, but good in the limited way that the Warriors are good, just with slight differences in emphasis. It's the kind of "good" a smart team can successfully gameplan against. Spurs have been able to do that against the Warriors, and should move on after 6, and I don't see any reason to strongly believe that something similar isn't possible against a possible future WCF matchup against the Grizz. I'd be very surprised if the Spurs aren't able to beat them in a tough 6 game series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd put money on that turning out not to be true. Everything you wrote is a quintessential example of a fan trying so hard not to be a homer that his analysis loses any connection to reality. The Grizz are a very good team, but good in the limited way that the Warriors are good, just with slight differences in emphasis. It's the kind of "good" a smart team can successfully gameplan against. Spurs have been able to do that against the Warriors, and should move on after 6, and I don't see any reason to strongly believe that something similar isn't possible against a possible future WCF matchup against the Grizz. I'd be very surprised if the Spurs aren't able to beat them in a tough 6 game series.
    Except Grizz are more experienced than Warriors and their limited way is usually money in PO: slow path, great D that's totally different than a high path JS team that usually collapses in POs. Grizz are healthy and can rely on their 4 guys to do some damage, their bench is weak but it is not that important in PO. There is nothing homer saying that.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I think Memphis is a serious threat against Spurs, they have had the Spurs number as of late and have shown resciliance when they went down 0-2 to the Clips then came back and beat the dog out of the compe ion so far in the playoffs. Not sure wtf the OP is smoking

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Memphis is a serious threat against Spurs, they have had the Spurs number as of late and have shown resciliance when they went down 0-2 to the Clips then came back and beat the dog out of the compe ion so far in the playoffs. Not sure wtf the OP is smoking
    Spurs / Grizz who would you pick ? how many games ?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Spurs / Grizz who would you pick ? how many games ?
    Honestly, I think the Spurs will win in 7 because the NBA will not want to see the lowly Grizz in the finals. But I would NOT be surprised if the Grizz win in 6. I know I'm copping out of making a pick but I definitely think it's either a tough victory by the Spurs or a 6 game series for the Grizz.

Spurs in 7 is more likely

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, I think the Spurs will win in 7 because the NBA will not want to see the lowly Grizz in the finals. But I would NOT be surprised if the Grizz win in 6. I know I'm copping out of making a pick but I definitely think it's either a tough victory by the Spurs or a 6 game series for the Grizz.

Spurs in 7 is more likely
    I'd like to think that but I honestly don't see it. They killed us in 2011, one will argue about Manu's injury and having Leonard but the big issue was inside and I'm not sure Splitter is solving that point + Spurs are two years older.

Well for the moment we have a game 6 to play if we face Grizz it would mean Spurs have had already a solid season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except Grizz are more experienced than Warriors and their limited way is usually money in PO: slow path, great D that's totally different than a high path JS team that usually collapses in POs. Grizz are healthy and can rely on their 4 guys to do some damage, their bench is weak but it is not that important in PO. There is nothing homer saying that.
    The observations are sound and not too-far-anti-homer, but drawing the conclusion that those observations justify the conclusion of a 6 game Grizz win is what I'd call too-far-anti-homer. For instance the Grizz have benefited greatly this post season from major injuries to their opponents (Spurs have as well but to a lesser extent). That alone undercuts the certainty of the conclusions anyone could draw as to the Grizz strengths in these playoffs. You dismiss the Grizz weak bench, but it was exactly their strong bench that allowed them to be so successful against the Spurs '11. Zbo is also a shadow of the player he was back then, and when you couple that fact with Tiago's emergence this season (yes, his softness has slowed his comeback from injury this post season, but we still know he as a not-soft endpoint to come back to), and Timmy's great play (when he's not being brought down by tummy troubles), our front courts are quite comparable this season imo. Conley gives Tony great trouble, this is true, but Tony has never played better than this season, so that matchup will be mostly a wash. And then Kawhi and Green are better wings than anything we had in '11. That alone should be viewed as what will tip the series in favor of the Spurs.

We'll see of course, as all prognostication is meaningless until confirmed by events. But for reasons that are my own the tendency to over-correct away from homerism annoys me more than blatant homerism does...just hatin' on the analysis and not the analyzer

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just calling a a tbh
    Spurs are the best you meanie

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gasol is fantastic defensively. He's the biggest reason for Memphis's success on defense. And easily the best center in the league right now. He's not gonna get outplayed by Duncan.
    ya he's a fantastic flopper... and dont think he has 4 on TD?

@ TD's losers... B Kemp, fat Gasol's bro, Aussie sh*t Bogut

fat Gasol plays by AS Z-Bo so dont be dis'n TD like dat pelican b*tch

Thread Information