Page 41 of 115 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 2866
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I must be missing something here...Spurs have the 12th worst record. Why are we drafting 11th?
    Who are the 11 teams with better records, and what are their records?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who are the 11 teams with better records, and what are their records?
    This is from ESPN:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is from ESPN:

I explained this to a guy last night... If you can find the post it will explain everything

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I explained this to a guy last night... If you can find the post it will explain everything
    Gonna make me work for it, huh?

Draft order is stuck on the position it was pre covid

The only thing that affects draft order since the bubble is who makes the playoffs

If the blazers lose, they will have a worse win percentage than the Suns, so the Suns would make the play in tournament for the 8th seed.

If the suns beat the grizzlies twice, they become the 8th seed in the playoffs and forfeit their 10th pick and everyone else moves up and they move to 15th
    You based this on the Suns making the playoffs, but they didn't. So they are still stuck at 10th...which I guess leaves us at 11th?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I must be missing something here...Spurs have the 12th worst record. Why are we drafting 11th?
    Wait, I thought Ex was saying the draft order was locked pending playoffs. I hadn't seen anything to that effect, but it wouldn't have been surprising because the league ended a number of things officially when the stoppage happened. I thought there was special rule so that teams wouldn't try to tank in the bubble. If that's not true, then the Spurs could've fallen all the way down to 14th or rising up to ninth. No idea why in that case people would've kept saying the record was locked this whole time.

That's depressing.

EDIT: I see DeJounte is saying the records were locked pre-COVID. No it's about finding evidence that that's true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait, I thought Ex was saying the draft order was locked pending playoffs. I hadn't seen anything to that effect, but it wouldn't have been surprising because the league ended a number of things officially when the stoppage happened. I thought there was special rule so that teams wouldn't try to tank in the bubble. If that's not true, then the Spurs could've fallen all the way down to 14th or rising up to ninth. No idea why in that case people would've kept saying the record was locked this whole time.

That's depressing.

EDIT: I see DeJounte is saying the records were locked pre-COVID. No it's about finding evidence that that's true.
    Yeah, I'm legitimately posing the question because I don't know.

Based on record, Spurs have the 12th worst record...which would normally give them the 12th draft position.

But obviously all of this bubble stuff has made things wacky.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is there a way for us to get a higher pick with some luck in the lottery? We actually need Obi Toppin, but there's no way we move in the Top 3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is from Sports Illustrated, which alludes to what Dejounte was talking about.

https://www.si.com/nba/2020/06/16/nb...schedule-dates

One key thing to note here is that the back end of the lottery and associated odds (picks nine through 14) will still be determined by teams’ regular-season records through March 11. As things stand, that means Washington, Phoenix, San Antonio, Sacramento and New Orleans (with a 12/13 tiebreaker on the table) and Portland, in that order. If any of those teams winds up making it into the playoffs at the conclusion of the final eight-game regular-season slate in Orlando, they’ll be replaced in the lottery by whichever team(s) fall out.

Brooklyn and Memphis currently hold the eighth playoff spot in each conference, and if they miss the post-season, they’d be placed in the lottery based on their record through March 11. A scenario along those lines would place those teams in the 13th and/or 14th lottery slot, with the others moving up accordingly. Additionally, Memphis’s pick is top-six protected and will otherwise convey to Boston. Brooklyn’s pick is lottery-protected, but if the Nets remain in playoff position, that pick will convey to Minnesota.
    So if I'm reading that right...if Portland beats Memphis (which seems entirely likely), they swap spots and Memphis will fall into the 13/14th position and the Spurs will be unaffected and stay at 11th.

Weird.
    Last edited by Dex; 08-14-2020 at 10:22 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see a lot of mock drafts saying we gon draft Devin Vassell. He kinda reminds me of nephew. Good defender, good 3-point shooter, can come of screens and flashed more offensive potential. Seems like the player we need.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see a lot of mock drafts saying we gon draft Devin Vassell. He kinda reminds me of nephew. Good defender, good 3-point shooter, can come of screens and flashed more offensive potential. Seems like the player we need.
    God.... no.... Fool's gold

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God.... no.... Fool's gold
    lol chill, I'm just getting into the scouting videos. Toppin seems to be the top forward of this draft, but he needs work on defense. Probably too high of a pick for us to get anyway

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Washington was the possible play in team in the East, but they got destroyed in the bubble. They actually dropped behind a team in the East that didn’t even get into the bubble.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I checked Tank a thon. It was the pelicans. They started the bubble with a better record than us, but the bed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have 10x (~9%) the chance of moving into the top 4 than they do falling to 14 (.008%). That is good news.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They can still select all the way down to 14th. There are about as good of odds of them dropping to 12 as there are of them getting 1-4
    Am I missing something. I thought it was a 9% chance at top 4 and less than 1% chance at 14.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol chill, I'm just getting into the scouting videos. Toppin seems to be the top forward of this draft, but he needs work on defense. Probably too high of a pick for us to get anyway
    Use this channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/HardwoodHo...DraftGreenRoom

Dont just watch highlights

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is there a way for us to get a higher pick with some luck in the lottery? We actually need Obi Toppin, but there's no way we move in the Top 3
    Yes. There is a draft lottery with odds based on record. Spurs have a 9% chance to improve from pick 11 (if they do improve the only other picks would be 1-4. Can’t move to pick 9 for example)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Am I missing something. I thought it was a 9% chance at top 4 and less than 1% chance at 14.
    Tankathon has a lottery simulator, and while I occasionally see them drop to 12, I’ve never seen them go lower, and it seems that they jump into the top 4 more often than dropping to 12.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's exactly what I'm watching. Even Bryn Forbes would look good if you just watch highlights. I'm always interested in the players weaknesses. Some of them are easily fixable, some ain't at all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. There is a draft lottery with odds based on record. Spurs have a 9% chance to improve from pick 11 (if they do improve the only other picks would be 1-4. Can’t move to pick 9 for example)
    man if we could get a top 4 pick.... This team would be on fire from then on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    man if we could get a top 4 pick.... This team would be on fire from then on
    Its not a star heavy draft by most accounts, but absolutely would be a massive boost. Whether its getting a better shot at the best player in the draft or ability to trade. Many great things could happen.

I’m calling pick 3 for SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's exactly what I'm watching. Even Bryn Forbes would look good if you just watch highlights. I'm always interested in the players weaknesses. Some of them are easily fixable, some ain't at all
    If you watch the entirety of Vassell's video, you will see his awful Kobe like shot selection, his thin frame (weighs 180lb?), and his average height for a SF. He would be a bad fit on this team. We need strength and length.

He gives NO SPACING AT ALL even from the first play in that hardwood hoops central video

Watch Deni, Patrick Williams, and Precious Achiuwa
    Last edited by Dejounte; 08-14-2020 at 11:29 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Watch the godawful play at 2:34. He makes dumb plays like this all throughout

He drives in and passes it to a crowded area where someone has two guys on him and leads his own man to him. He's got that DJ Murray intellect on offense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its not a star heavy draft by most accounts, but absolutely would be a massive boost. Whether its getting a better shot at the best player in the draft or ability to trade. Many great things could happen.

I’m calling pick 3 for SA.
    Even if you keep LA and DeRozan, with the young guys making strides, adding a Top 4 pick and 1 rotation player into the mix would work wonders for this team. Especially when Bryn and Marco are gone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't say 14. I said 1-4.

Thread Information