Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who is treeebeard
    There’s a green, walking… mascot in the near end of the vid. Similar to the ents of Lord of the Rings, I guess

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Happy for him obviously. Dude's managed to secure more than $100 Million in his NBA career. Quite the underdog success story. Too bad he never got a chance at a gold medal.
    Well, Danny and Forbes do have one thing in common -- if it wasn't for Pop's eye and Pop's guidance, neither one of them would have even sniffed an NBA career.

Pretty good accomplishment if you ask me.
    From the 2009 UNC championship team 3 Starters where drafted in the first round and 1 key reserve was drafted in the 1st round the following year. Danny was drafted second round and not even early second round. Waived twice first by Cleaveland and second by the Spurs. Now he's been the starter on 3 championship teams and most people have forgotten about his UNC teammates.
    He really should thank the Spurs' who have always been good at looking at a players strengths and developing them

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He didn't leave. He got traded.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's good being a loyal, serving church family member. Pastor hooked me up with church n his services for free then we just booked big dinner reservation so likely just spent couple/few hundred dollars lol
    Don't believe in court marriages as God didn't bless union and it should be a covenant between man, woman, God as He gave us marriage to begin with...court has no power but to give sheet of paper
    Last edited by ismael-robert; 08-19-2021 at 08:15 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im married. 16 yrs. we spent like 15K, had about 50 guests. and that was too much. the day is over before you know it and then youre left with the bill. greens is on a whole other level of over the top. im sure she asked for a big wedding and he was happy to give it to her. but shed undoubtedly been just as happy with a 50K wedding. invest that money and spend it on a bunch of other meaningless over the next 20 yrs.
    Well, he's EARNED over $100M in salary. He seems smart and level headed. If he's been investing and whatnot over the years, then he could easily be worth closer to $200M or more. It's a drop in the bucket to marry the woman he loves and will only have 1 magical night to celebrate it with all their guests. It's not like it is his first couple seasons in the league and the amount is a big chunk of his net worth.

Good for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From the 2009 UNC championship team 3 Starters where drafted in the first round and 1 key reserve was drafted in the 1st round the following year. Danny was drafted second round and not even early second round. Waived twice first by Cleaveland and second by the Spurs. Now he's been the starter on 3 championship teams and most people have forgotten about his UNC teammates.
    He really should thank the Spurs' who have always been good at looking at a players strengths and developing them
    Also, his second cousin Gerald was MUCH more highly rated in HS, and was an NBA first round pick While Danny played 4 years at UNC. No one talks much about Gerald these days. Been out of the league for a couple of years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good for him and pray it last. You hear stories of people spending 10k plus to wind up divorced a year later...now there's wastefulness

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know why pop hated Danny green but loves a ing traffic cone like bryn forbes
    Low BB IQ

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is he still marrying Lebron?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure during the championship years, Pop wouldn't even play Forbes.

The last 3 years Pop hasn't really been that demanding on defense. But I think, and hope, that's about to change.

I don't know about that. He did play Bonner, Ayres, and Neal during those years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    exactly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this team still hasn't been able to replace him ever since they traded him to Toronto

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It looks like your standard rich person’s wedding to me: luxurious, but nothing over the top. Certainly not as extravagant as I would expect from a celebrity with over $100M in career earnings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like a humble gathering. I like how Danny keeps things low key.
    Dancers hanging from a chandelier and tree people... humble and low key

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one should have an opinion on what Danny Green spent on his wedding. The Spurs helped DG become what he is. In turn DG helped this fking team win games and almost 3 NBA championships.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hi Danny!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one should have an opinion on what Danny Green spent on his wedding. The Spurs helped DG become what he is. In turn DG helped this fking team win games and almost 3 NBA championships.
    More than that, he played for six years under market value out of loyalty. He doesn't owe the Spurs .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weddings are a huge waste of money. I have never gotten married but I have always assumed the bride cares more about having the bigger lavish wedding more so than the groom.
    I got married by a Judge during a break in the beginning arguments of a double homicide trial for $50. We sat in the courtroom while my then-fiancé was studying for her final test for her Doctorates, but she kept getting distracted as she couldn't help hearing the charges and beginning posits by the attorneys. She loves those The First 48 shows and all that.

We got it done, ate burritos at Burritos Crisotomo and then she went and passed her Final like a champ, lol.

Crazy day. Never forget it. Been happily together 10 years and counting.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That looks like a standard wedding that takes place these days. Somewhat luxurious but nothing too over the top. You could easily throw that exact wedding in San Antonio. You might need to reinforce that chandelier if the wedding was in San Antonio but that's about it.
    but on the 'plus side' they'd be handing out whataburger breakfast on a buns along with the champagne pour

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surprised his wedding wasn’t at Club Rio

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny is my favorite non star Spur of all time.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny made it in the NBA without the ability to dribble the ball. Pretty wild!

Watching him put it on the floor was suspenseful

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seconded. He was as much a sign of the Spurs' renaissance as Leonard, if not more so. There were games where he would come in and play like a star, and his shot-blocking ability added another dimension to Duncan's paint control and Leonard's passing-lane protection. If the Spurs had traded him for Josh Howard, they would still only have four les.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll also say though, since we're talking about Green, that Parker doesn't get enough credit for his transition defense. He was great at stopping the ball so Green could come over the top for the block. One of the things holding the current team back is that they don't slow down the offensive player at the point of attack.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Either LDN or Bobo for me.

Thread Information