My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Good shooters (Detlef, Perkins, Hawkins, Nate, etc)

Good defense. (2nd overall behind GOAT Bulls)

Fearless leader in Payton.

Kemp would excel today.

Yeah, I think BTM is correct. Sonics were punished by being in the wrong era, when MJ didn't let anybody eat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting idea tbh

But outside of Kemp that team lacked athleticism

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’d be one of the better teams but I’m not sure about dominating. Payton’s outside shooting could be problematic. His style of defence also won’t fly in today’s nba. Payton maybe able to adjust but that’s an unknown. Schrempt, Kemp, Perkins would fit well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "good defenders" in the 90s would all just foul out in 8 minutes these days where you cant just mug people

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    They’d be one of the better teams but I’m not sure about dominating. Payton’s outside shooting could be problematic. His style of defence also won’t fly in today’s nba. Payton maybe able to adjust but that’s an unknown. Schrempt, Kemp, Perkins would fit well.

Not only his defense, but his taunting and his politically incorrect slurs would not be tolerated either. Chris Paul would probably call the police on him and hide under the scorer's table.

We would need those 90's or 00's refs, tbh

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    "good defenders" in the 90s would all just foul out in 8 minutes these days where you cant just mug people
    Agree that it was much more physical back then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting idea tbh

But outside of Kemp that team lacked athleticism
    Payton was very athletic and Nate McMillan was fairly athletic too but yeah, Hersey Hawkins and Detlef don't inspire much confidence as wing stoppers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The refereeing of defense is about the same as FIBA today which allows physical play and creates a style of play that is a thousand times more watchable than today's NB

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The refereeing of defense is about the same as FIBA today which allows physical play and creates a style of play that is a thousand times more watchable than today's NB
    im not arguing which version is better. just that those players would't know how to play defense today

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Payton was very athletic and Nate McMillan was fairly athletic too but yeah, Hersey Hawkins and Detlef don't inspire much confidence as wing stoppers
    Nate was athletic in his younger days, not so much in 96 tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im not arguing which version is better. just that those players would't know how to play defense today
    Took like 2 weeks for the team USA to figure out FIBA basketball which is very physical and allows people to bump bodies

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Took like 2 weeks for the team USA to figure out FIBA basketball which is very physical and allows people to bump bodies
    easier to adjust that way than the other way around (on defense)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True. Hawkins and Schrempt likely would be the worst defensive teammates in the league. That said the sonics were a solid trapping and switching team, though I’m not sure how they’d care going against these three point shooting teams of today’s nba.

I’d be interested to see those run dmc teams in today’s nba.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    easier to adjust that way than the other way around (on defense)
    But also, refs tend to adjust when teams foul excessively and they let more things slide, that was the entire strategy of the “grit n grind” Grizzlies.

Thread Information