Page 128 of 173 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138 ... LastLast
Results 3,176 to 3,200 of 4323
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    yes and tom herman and charlie strong constantly said their players were doing a good job after every loss too, so guess that means something
    Sark and others do a good job by not singling out players to idiots like you.
    He has definitely implied the o line and d line need to do better.
    And by playing starters on special teams it’s an indication of our athletic depth.

Imo we lost to three better teams. We might have gotten lucky and won but that won’t help for fixing the basic rot.
    The only faint chance we had against Arky would be playing them in Austin.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Adjusted?
    Gundy adjusted by ramming the ball down our throats.
    Thats a damn easy adjustment.
    The point is it is hard to rate a QB when he fears for his life.
    So by watching the play calling you could see where the game was headed.
    Where our best player go? Did he just quit?
    Hint: he got hit by a tidal wave of defenders

The game was won at the line of scrimmage. It’s really not that hard to see. All the blathering after that is secondary. The way Gundy Called his plays and made very conservative decisions on 4th down was a big tell as well. Play us straight up and they win. Pound us one direction run a counter the other way into wide open space. He did not need his old 500 yd passing game. He knew they were better in the most fundamental way.
    in the second half i saw sanders making plays, and casey not. sanders saw holes and ran, and hit some open receivers to keep drives going. casey in the second half repeatedly got sacked, had negative plays, and threw an interception directly to a defender on a play where there were two receivers open

no one said the lines arent a problem

but casey was beyond terrible, and it wasnt a matter of him running for his life every other play because of constant line breakdowns. he simply missed open receivers on several throws and many more times didnt even scan the field to see that there were open receivers when there were. if he would simply step up, he could buy himself plenty of time and help the offensive line do their job, but when you stand there as the ends collapse on you, there is literally nothing that the tackles can more do to help you. casey is simply not a good QB, there is no other way to put it. and he completely melted down after one bad play.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Sark and others do a good job by not singling out players to idiots like you.
    i never said they should be singling out players. but if we are honest here, casey was trash.

did casey play a terrible game, yes or no?

He has definitely implied the o line and d line need to do better.
    And by playing starters on special teams it’s an indication of our athletic depth.
    i agree. i never said otherwise.

Imo we lost to three better teams. We might have gotten lucky and won but that won’t help for fixing the basic rot.
    The only faint chance we had against Arky would be playing them in Austin.
    yes they are clearly better teams atm. doesnt change the fact that texas still has far more total talent on the roster than arkansas and okst, and probably more than ou even, which makes things frustrating. but at the same time sark needs time and a chance to fully integrate his system and filter out hermans failure.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Sorry..
    I saw Casey get clobbered after almost every throw that required time.
    You do realize Card came in for a play after the hammering. That was about it for Casey.

I am saying it is very hard to rate qBs under constant pressure. And Casey was, especially in the 2nd half.
    And if you want to rate QBs on missed opportunities Sanders had two wide open touchdowns throws. You dont think about those because its the other team. AND, he had MUCH, MUCH better blocking.

And people in the stands were yelling throw the ball... my god he got lucky to get the blooper grounding calls off. Bijan got totally stuffed after midway 3rd quarter. Zero running game and they sat on top of Casey. If I was his dad I would have wanted him subbed out. We absolutely do not have the depth to deal with a team like OKie State. We have 2 o lineman down, then one during the game, Kersteter comes in and... snaps everywhere... with both centers. Only a sadomasochist would want to be behind our oline in the majority of the 2nd half.
    The problem was way way bigger than the QB.
    We have THE best RB in the country. Where did he go?

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    in the second half i saw sanders making plays, and casey not. sanders saw holes and ran, and hit some open receivers to keep drives going. casey in the second half repeatedly got sacked, had negative plays, and threw an interception directly to a defender on a play where there were two receivers open

no one said the lines arent a problem

but casey was beyond terrible, and it wasnt a matter of him running for his life every other play because of constant line breakdowns. he simply missed open receivers on several throws and many more times didnt even scan the field to see that there were open receivers when there were. if he would simply step up, he could buy himself plenty of time and help the offensive line do their job, but when you stand there as the ends collapse on you, there is literally nothing that the tackles can more do to help you. casey is simply not a good QB, there is no other way to put it. and he completely melted down after one bad play.
    Could be why Sark originally gave the starting gig to Card

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Sorry..
    I saw Casey get clobbered after almost every throw that required time.
    and many of them were avoidable if he had a little pocket presence. but when you stand like a statue, those kinds of hits happen a lot more often unfortunately.

You do realize Card came in for a play after the hammering. That was about it for Casey.
    casey was gone mentally long before that. the awful pick-6 he threw (with receivers open) was when he crumbled.

I am saying it is very hard to rate qBs under constant pressure. And Casey was, especially in the 2nd half.
    they frequently rushed 4 and sometimes kept a spy. the ends went extra wide, which worked well because he wasnt stepping up in the pocket.

And if you want to rate QBs on missed opportunities Sanders had two wide open touchdowns throws. You dont think about those because its the other team. AND, he had MUCH, MUCH better blocking.
    sanders didnt have a mental meltdown. casey did. that was the difference. sanders was under more pressure than you give credit for too, he wasnt just operating in a perfect pocket all day either, he simply adjusted better.

Bijan got totally stuffed after midway 3rd quarter. Zero running game and they sat on top of Casey.
    hm i wonder why. my hunch is it had a little something to do with a nonexistent passing game and a QB making mistake after mistake

If I was his dad I would have wanted him subbed out. We absolutely do not have the depth to deal with a team like OKie State. We have 2 o lineman down, then one during the game, Kersteter comes in and... snaps everywhere... with both centers. Only a sadomasochist would want to be behind our oline in the majority of the 2nd half.
    yes, the line has issues. thats obvious and something ive repeatedly said even from game 1. but that still doesnt absolve casey from his share of the blame for missing open guys, getting tunnel vision, and becoming a statue in the pocket.

The problem was way way bigger than the QB.
    never said it wasnt. just that he was quite obviously the worst player on the field that day. not sure why we are absolving him of blame. hes been getting free passes all season, its time he receive some blame.

We have THE best RB in the country. Where did he go?
    a little underutilized, but understandable when the defense can sell out on every run and not be punished for it

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Could be why Sark originally gave the starting gig to Card
    yeah i think so too. card is clearly more talented, but was a little hesitant with his decision making. if he speeds that up, he should be fine.

Card will get killed behind that line. Sark should have brought some Oline guys in during off season. The Oline was bad last year, but this is the worst line I’ve ever seen them have.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    jaydo blue is imminent flip to aggy........

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    jaydo blue is imminent flip to aggy........
    He's a head case obviously and wherever he ends up will portal out at first sign of things not going his way. Miller is better anyways.

Blue remindes me of Evans. Not sure if Miller is better. Neither one can run behind our present OL.

Card will get killed behind that line. Sark should have brought some Oline guys in during off season. The Oline was bad last year, but this is the worst line I’ve ever seen them have.
    Agree 100% Might get fixed if numbers reach 17-18. On third coach and problem is growing instead of geting better.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Roach:

I spoke to a source earlier today regarding Texas commit Jaydon Blue. While there were some rumors about him wavering, I was told that there was nothing of substance about him actually opening up. Blue was frustrated with the Texas loss, and some comments he made seemed to be more extreme than he was actually feeling. The staff spoke to people close to Blue and reassured him of their support for and belief in him as shown by standing behind him during the summer when he announced his decision not to play. Both parties are getting together to have a longer conversation this week, and I was told by the source close to Blue that there isn't anything to worry about as of now. We will monitor this, but the long and short of it is that sometimes kids will be kids according to the people I spoke with.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Roach:

I spoke to a source earlier today regarding Texas commit Jaydon Blue. While there were some rumors about him wavering, I was told that there was nothing of substance about him actually opening up. Blue was frustrated with the Texas loss, and some comments he made seemed to be more extreme than he was actually feeling. The staff spoke to people close to Blue and reassured him of their support for and belief in him as shown by standing behind him during the summer when he announced his decision not to play. Both parties are getting together to have a longer conversation this week, and I was told by the source close to Blue that there isn't anything to worry about as of now. We will monitor this, but the long and short of it is that sometimes kids will be kids according to the people I spoke with.
    Drop him. If he's acting like this now what's he going to do when he isn't starting or a loss happens?

If the recruiting class was 25 OL I would be a happy person

Need the good recruits. Campbell types. Those are the guys that make a difference. Not sure how Sark can pull it off with this team, but if he does not get some QUALITY Oline recruits in here soon, we will be looking for another coach.

And we need some referees that are not crooked ass lousy mother ers. That cheap shot their dlineman put on Casey, and the pieces of didn’t even flag em. We got flagged for roughing earlier on something not nearly as bad.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    And we need some referees that are not crooked ass lousy mother ers. That cheap shot their dlineman put on Casey, and the pieces of didn’t even flag em. We got flagged for roughing earlier on something not nearly as bad.
    Was that the horse collar on the sideline?

That hit right up the middle put some mileage on his brain.
    He purposely ran sprightly right back onto the field after 1 play but that stuff can be a mindbender.
    "Hang it the collapsing pocket or one that never existed? "

No thank you. I will run for my life.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Other than the Blue dilemma, things seem to be standing pat as far as who Texas is after in the recruiting world. Why Texas makes it so difficult is beyond me. Just win.... And find some damn OL's.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Thread Information