Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it will be a more active D. This group will create more turnovers, not sure they’ll stop the drive much better based on preseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Literally has nothing to do with what I said

I'm blasting him for being scared to shoot the ball. I'm aware Kobe got in a beef with Phil which was about him shooting TOO MUCH. So I guess thanks for proving me correct?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Literally has nothing to do with what I said

I'm blasting him for being scared to shoot the ball. I'm aware Kobe got in a beef with Phil which was about him shooting TOO MUCH. So I guess thanks for proving me correct?

Say what you want about Kobe and Kawhi but they aren’t afraid to shoot the ball
    I just demonstrated where Kobe was unwilling to shoot the ball, in a game 7 playoff game due to a beef with the coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just demonstrated where Kobe was unwilling to shoot the ball, in a game 7 playoff game due to a beef with the coach.
    And? Had nothing to do with him being SCARED to shoot the ing ball. Dude is the all time leader in missed shots and you think he’s ing scared to shoot? Gtfo. Kobe didn’t shoot for ONE game in his career and it had everything to do with a tantrum vs a coach who criticized him and nothing to do with him being scared to shoot the ball. Once again, Idgaf that Simmons quit on Philly but I do care that he is SCARED to shoot the ball. He had 4 games where he refused to shoot in tbe 4th bc he was a scared little . Literally was 0-0 from the floor

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And? Had nothing to do with him being SCARED to shoot the ing ball. Dude is the all time leader in missed shots and you think he’s ing scared to shoot? Gtfo. Kobe didn’t shoot for ONE game in his career and it had everything to do with a tantrum vs a coach who criticized him and nothing to do with him being scared to shoot the ball. Once again, Idgaf that Simmons quit on Philly but I do care that he is SCARED to shoot the ball. He had 4 games where he refused to shoot in tbe 4th bc he was a scared little . Literally was 0-0 from the floor
    One is a scorer, the other is playmaker defender. There is a very big difference in the game. If Simmons refuses to play defense in game 7 then it would be on par with Kobe tantrum. Like really, why make a statement in game 7?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One is a scorer, the other is playmaker defender. There is a very big difference in the game. If Simmons refuses to play defense in game 7 then it would be on par with Kobe tantrum. Like really, why make a statement in game 7?
    Kobe led the Lakers in assists and was also all nba defense deservedly (before he started making the reputation teams). Yeah there is a big difference in their game though so bringing up Kobe wasn’t the smartest thing

Also he got roasted for it and on for it just like Simmons is now. Also Kobe is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Simmons. Simmons is like Jak in a half court offense when he doesn’t have shooters. He is literally their drop off man for the dunk in Phillys offense. So it’s sad that he refuses to expand his game offensively. He got paid and is happy being mediocre. Good for him.

Fault the 76ers instead of him. But we don’t have to pay $40 million for a player who is scared to shoot the ball. Who tf is gonna score on our team if we trade White/Murray for Ben? Lonnie with his 11. KJ with his 12. Bryn with his 9. Simmons with his 12. Jak with 8. Douggy with 8. that’s only like 60 something points. And we would still suck on defense with Lonnie and Forbes playing huge minutes

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We had an opportunity to get a lot better by moving on from Derozan but we replaced his spot in the lineup with McBuckets so i don’t know that it’s much better. But if Vassell can improve at all and earn 20+ minutes, there’s room for the D to be quite good.

i disagree that losing Gay helps the defense. Always thought he held his own honestly. I liked Spurs rudy quite a bit
    McDermott is a way better team defender than DeRozan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe led the Lakers in assists and was also all nba defense deservedly (before he started making the reputation teams). Yeah there is a big difference in their game though so bringing up Kobe wasn’t the smartest thing

Also he got roasted for it and on for it just like Simmons is now. Also Kobe is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Simmons. Simmons is like Jak in a half court offense when he doesn’t have shooters. He is literally their drop off man for the dunk in Phillys offense. So it’s sad that he refuses to expand his game offensively. He got paid and is happy being mediocre. Good for him.

Fault the 76ers instead of him. But we don’t have to pay $40 million for a player who is scared to shoot the ball. Who tf is gonna score on our team if we trade White/Murray for Ben? Lonnie with his 11. KJ with his 12. Bryn with his 9. Simmons with his 12. Jak with 8. Douggy with 8. that’s only like 60 something points. And we would still suck on defense with Lonnie and Forbes playing huge minutes
    You brought up Kobe, not me. I dont know why you would bring up one of the all time best, but you did. Yes Kobe is way better. But I am not asking for Simmons to be as good. Simmons is good though and be by far the best player on the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McDermott is a way better team defender than DeRozan.
    prepare to be disappointed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    despite what forbes haters say he is a genuinely good defender.......the narrative that he isnt was started because fans were afraid of blamig lma/deroza/gay who would all literally stand still & give a 3 point shooter all the time in the world to tee up a shot without even attempting to close out
    Oh shut up. No he is not.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    prepare to be disappointed
    havent been yet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah if we still had a player that could decently pdefend 2 to 5...

now whatever gains we got in athleticism, we lost in experience.

net push, at best. more likely a minor step backwards.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1 game is the same as 1 series or worse 3 seasons?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1 game is the same as 1 series or worse 3 seasons?
    Oh, so Simmons has had 3 bad seasons now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These same people would have said pre-Miami Lebron was a loser tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    U post a link saying Kobe refuses to shoot so I ask you is it the same as 3 seasons of refusing to shoot. Did the article say anything about Kobe being bad?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure if any DPOY candidate is mentally weak. Was Leonard mentally weak when he quit on our team? Was Kobe when he quit in the playoffs taking one shot in an half of an elimination game? Simmons was thrown under the bus by his team mate and coach. His game isn't been used correctly in the sixers. And the whole league knows this.
    Nice troll man. You got me.
    i brought up Kobe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    U post a link saying Kobe refuses to shoot so I ask you is it the same as 3 seasons of refusing to shoot. Did the article say anything about Kobe being bad?
    I don't even know why Simmons is even being compared to kobe. I simply replied a time when kobe refused to shoot. Why are we not comparing Simmons to Gobert, who is a DPOY, max contact and shootals ducking less than Simmons?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice troll man. You got me.
    i brought up Kobe
    Yeah, you're right. I did bring it up.

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe actually can shoot an was a willing shooter. Simmons is a over paid defender who can't shoot.

The difference between Simmons and Kobe is Kobe shot too much. That's when he threw a fit and tanked that game and didn't shoot when given grief over it.

Back on topic.

Spurs wouldn't improve much and would get worse if they acquired Simmons via trade.
    The spur would deplete their entire roster attempting to acquire Simmons.

They are better off playing out the season with current roster scouting the draft and making use of cap space that summer. It is the simple and smart move to make.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks guys..... appreciate the insights! Glad to hear they're at least better now than a season ago

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great defense! Offense is another thing though..... hoping the young guys figure it out as the season progresses

Thread Information