Page 111 of 171 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 4270
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMHO this draft comes down to one simple question: which player available at 12 has the highest ceiling?

I see posters on here looking at the most NBA ready or the best 3-point shooter, but all that equals is another role player and we have enough of those.

Championships are won with all star caliber players and we need a home run plain and simple. Miss big or hit big, but we can't keep collecting role players (KJ being the possible exception)
    This!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I‘m adding another player to my personal wish list and I think that‘s the guy the Spurs are going for…Zaire Williams.

The other players I like for them at #12: Kai jones, Jalen Johnson and maybe Alperen Sengun, if they believe in his shooting upside.
    If the don‘t go big in the first round, I like Robinson Earl in the second round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kispert would be a pick that screams total belief in the Spurs’ current young core to grow and become better players in the future. For example, I expect them to be fully locked in with DJ and White for the future. It’s a pick where they’re relying less on the pick itself to “save” the team from its losing ways as opposed to relying on the player selected with the pick to be the actual player to become a core piece that the rest of the players will revolve around.

In other words, the Spurs are expecting DJ, White, and maybe someone else we don’t have yet to become the top 3 players on this team in 3-5 years, with Kispert having a huge role in helping them improve as individual players.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 07-07-2021 at 03:51 PM.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve grown to appreciate Kispert. Won’t be a bust. And he fits a position of need. We may end up drafting shooters with both picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you may be right, but at the moment he‘s not.
    Sample is too small to say one way or another, less than one attempt per game. His 80% FTs show that he has a repeatable stroke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn’t Kispert basically be this year’s version of Vassell—a solid, but unspectacular pick that everyone overlooks in lieu of other more exciting prospects?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can‘t shoot 3Ps. 19% last season. He‘s a back to the basket center - not a good fit, if he plays like that.
    the only hope the Spurs have to draft him imo is if other teams hink that he's that poor a shooter. I've seen a couple vids of him. His shot is as pure as it gets. He will easily shoot 35%+ from 3P range.

He's got one of the purest shots in the draft. And the fact that he's got very skilled post moves already and is a talented passer with that stroke...And he's only 18. To me he's a steal at 12. He's better around the basket now than Ayton was when he was drafted...with the potential for FAR SUPERIOR RANGE.

This is the guy the Spurs have to take if he's there. I'm now sure of it.

Spurs need a big man that can stretch the floor at least to the midrange game because Poeltl is only good from 3 ft out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So he's worked out for teams who have #11, #12 and #15 so far. Higher than the general consensus of mocks (which again shows how unreliable they can be).

Only takes one team to like a guy...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the only hope the Spurs have to draft him imo is if other teams hink that he's that poor a shooter. I've seen a couple vids of him. His shot is as pure as it gets. He will easily shoot 35%+ from 3P range.

He's got one of the purest shots in the draft. And the fact that he's got very skilled post moves already and is a talented passer with that stroke...And he's only 18. To me he's a steal at 12. He's better around the basket now than Ayton was when he was drafted...with the potential for FAR SUPERIOR RANGE.

This is the guy the Spurs have to take if he's there. I'm now sure of it.

Spurs need a big man that can stretch the floor at least to the midrange game because Poeltl is only good from 3 ft out.
    Absolutely spot on, I'm jumping on the Sengun bandwagon right this second. Guy's playing against grown ass compe ion too, none of that college . It's amazing that the trend of disrespecting the level of Euro-style basketball is still going strong, given how many great prospects have come out of it over the years. Same thing with Luka coming into the league, not even consensus #1, when he had an insanely stacked resumé before the draft. Draft this man PATFO...

Wagner, Moody or Bouknight are good consolation prizes for me tbh. Someone's gotta be there at 12, right...?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn’t Kispert basically be this year’s version of Vassell—a solid, but unspectacular pick that everyone overlooks in lieu of other more exciting prospects?
    Vassell is more than that. Like Keldon, he kind of cratered with combined COVID19 and the compressed schedule, and in his case, he also hit the rookie wall. I think a lot of people are going to be surprised at his jump next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So he's worked out for teams who have #11, #12 and #15 so far. Higher than the general consensus of mocks (which again shows how unreliable they can be).

Only takes one team to like a guy...
    Duarte has “liked” three consecutive Spurs posts on IG, and a Patty Mills post on Twitter. Maybe what we’re seeing here is a man who badly wants to be a Spur, and not quite yet an indication of the Spurs selecting him with their pick. This is the type of social media activity not yet seen from other prospects from what I have seen.

Like I said before, it would be great to get a guy who would embrace being a Spur, whether that’s Duarte or someone else. I’m not sure I would get that kind of vibe from Jalen, for example.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see the comparison. Kispert is essentially who he is. Vassell was a college freshman with a lot of room to develop. Even if he had multiple skills, it doesn't mean he's anywhere close to a finished product.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy crap how many guards do the Spurs need? They should give Kai Jones a good look.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duarte has “liked” three consecutive Spurs posts on IG, and a Patty Mills post on Twitter. Maybe what we’re seeing here is a man who badly wants to be a Spur, and not quite yet an indication of the Spurs selecting him with their pick. This is the type of social media activity not yet seen from other prospects from what I have seen.

Like I said before, it would be great to get a guy who would embrace being a Spur, whether that’s Duarte or someone else. I’m not sure I would get that kind of vibe from Jalen, for example.
    perhaps a Lonnie pkg for a late-middle first rounder being in place to get Duarte is more likely? Most had Duarte’s value around the late first round area no?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy crap how many guards do the Spurs need? They should give Kai Jones a good look.
    I don't get why people keep saying this. Murray, White, Walker IV and Jones are the only guards under contract. Two low end or borderline starters, a replacement player and a possible non NBA player. Not exactly set.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    perhaps a Lonnie pkg for a late-middle first rounder being in place to get Duarte is more likely? Most had Duarte’s value around the late first round area no?
    I mean, I would love to get him later in the first round but I doubt he would actually last that long. Most mock drafts are made by random ass people who don’t know more than you or me. Gather up a bunch of mock drafts together and it forms a “consensus”. They all in some form are a group think exercise where they just eat up the waves of opinion and run along with it. There is a reason mock drafts always never capture those hall of famers drafted outside of the top 15 or so… it’s because it’s not to be taken like gospel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chad Ford Chadfordinsider

58s
    Mobley had himself a really strong draft combine, but was still in the 45-undrafted range. A return to USC seems like a wise decision. I really like his game.

Jon Rothstein
    jonRothstein

USC's Isaiah Mobley is withdrawing from the 2021 NBA Draft process and will return to college, per his IG page. Significant Pac-12 news.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone have an idea of Lonnie's value? I can't see anybody trading a first for him. Teams just value their picks and he hasn't shown much. I think teams would wait until ency if they like him.

As mentioned elsewhere, Duarte is working out for teams in the late lottery. Those franchises might see themselves close to the playoff hunt and a plug-in player could help them push.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get why people keep saying this. Murray, White, Walker IV and Jones are the only guards under contract. Two low end or borderline starters, a replacement player and a possible non NBA player. Not exactly set.
    It’s true. Ball handlers dominate the game now. And we don’t have anyone to build around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell is more than that. Like Keldon, he kind of cratered with combined COVID19 and the compressed schedule, and in his case, he also hit the rookie wall. I think a lot of people are going to be surprised at his jump next year.
    I don't see the comparison. Kispert is essentially who he is. Vassell was a college freshman with a lot of room to develop. Even if he had multiple skills, it doesn't mean he's anywhere close to a finished product.
    I didn’t mean they were similar in terms of their skillsets as basketball players. I meant that they’re similar in the sense that they’re both solid prospects that everyone seems to have forgotten for some reason because they’re not as “exciting” as some others.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

you forgot KJ and vassal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone have an idea of Lonnie's value? I can't see anybody trading a first for him. Teams just value their picks and he hasn't shown much. I think teams would wait until ency if they like him.

As mentioned elsewhere, Duarte is working out for teams in the late lottery. Those franchises might see themselves close to the playoff hunt and a plug-in player could help them push.
    it seems that pop sees him as a 6th man type going forward

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pf/c alperen sengun please...or sg Moses moody and ill be happy

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you forgot KJ and vassal.
    I didn't; they're wings. The former is actually closer to a big wing than he is a guard.

Thread Information