Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Didn't the Colts do it last year with somebody?
    nah. they traded with the jets, who did have 2 second round picks.

jets gave up two 2018 seconds and a 2019 second to move up from 6 to 3 and grab darnold

abysmal trade for them imo. colts still grabbed the guy they wanted, quentin nelson. i think colts woulda taken barkley if he was on the board, but they traded back and still got the guy they wanted at 3

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    i dont frequent The Root but this came up when i ran a search on Nick Bosa today

https://www.theroot.com/maga-loving-...ros-1833975768
    Put him in a division with multiple black QBs and it's a sweet deal, tbh.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Put him in a division with multiple black QBs and it's a sweet deal, tbh.
    raiders just signed benson mayowa

imo he's better than khalil mack

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    raiders just signed benson mayowa

imo he's better than khalil mack
    Half of Mayowa's 12 sacks when he played for the Cowboys were against Giants' maligned ex-left tackle Ereck Flowers.

He's mediocre at best. His last year here he only had 1 or 2 sacks in plenty of snaps. I think we cut him halfway thru that season. He is pretty fast, though. But if the tackle gets his hands on him, it's night-night.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    nah. they traded with the jets, who did have 2 second round picks.

jets gave up two 2018 seconds and a 2019 second to move up from 6 to 3 and grab darnold

abysmal trade for them imo. colts still grabbed the guy they wanted, quentin nelson. i think colts woulda taken barkley if he was on the board, but they traded back and still got the guy they wanted at 3
    The Raiders, Giants and Packers all have multiple current year 1st this year.

Could the Giants trade them both to the Raiders for #4 overall? If this year's QB class wasn't so weak, I'd say they should. But they still seem married to Eli long term, lol.

Do you think the Packers would entertain trading up to #4? Where their picks are, they'd probably have to include both PLUS either next year's 1st or this year's 2nd to jump to #4 overall. If they really like a QB this year, they should consider it so they can speed up their rebuilding process once they're ready to get rid of Aaron Rodgers for one reason or another. They can develop a guy like Lock or Dan Jones behind Rodgers and ultimately kick Rodgers to the curb in 3 years once his cap hit becomes 5x the dead money cost to cut him. (Similar to Favre with Rodgers.)

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    The Raiders, Giants and Packers all have multiple current year 1st this year.

Could the Giants trade them both to the Raiders for #4 overall? If this year's QB class wasn't so weak, I'd say they should. But they still seem married to Eli long term, lol.

Do you think the Packers would entertain trading up to #4? Where their picks are, they'd probably have to include both PLUS either next year's 1st or this year's 2nd to jump to #4 overall. If they really like a QB this year, they should consider it so they can speed up their rebuilding process once they're ready to get rid of Aaron Rodgers for one reason or another. They can develop a guy like Lock or Dan Jones behind Rodgers and ultimately kick Rodgers to the curb in 3 years once his cap hit becomes 5x the dead money cost to cut him. (Similar to Favre with Rodgers.)
    lol if the giants give up #6 and #17 just to move up to #4 and take a QB raiders should take that in a heartbeat. heck just throw in a pick swap for one of the later rounds to give the giants a bone. the likely outcome of that would be

1 - Arizona - Kyler Murray
    2 - SF - Nick Bosa
    3 - NYJ - Josh Allen
    4 - NYG - Dwayne Haskins
    5 - Tampa Bay
    6 - Oakland

theres still a shot the raiders could wind up with quinnen williams. otherwise montez sweat/rashan gary are options at #6. and then we'd still have #17, 24, 27 in the first round. or if you actually get quinnen at 6, take clelin ferrel at DE at 17

i cant imagine the giants give up that much capital to move up 2 spots

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    lol if the giants give up #6 and #17 just to move up to #4 and take a QB raiders should take that in a heartbeat. heck just throw in a pick swap for one of the later rounds to give the giants a bone. the likely outcome of that would be

1 - Arizona - Kyler Murray
    2 - SF - Nick Bosa
    3 - NYJ - Josh Allen
    4 - NYG - Dwayne Haskins
    5 - Tampa Bay
    6 - Oakland

theres still a shot the raiders could wind up with quinnen williams. otherwise montez sweat/rashan gary are options at #6. and then we'd still have #17, 24, 27 in the first round. or if you actually get quinnen at 6, take clelin ferrel at DE at 17

i cant imagine the giants give up that much capital to move up 2 spots
    No, but crazier things have happened, like what the Bears did a couple years ago. Even the Giants did something stupid last year which is draft a RB #2 overall when they had multiple offers to trade down and build up their lowly roster.

I like your mock, especially since the Jets got Mosley and just missed out on Barr, they probably want to draft his replacement. Tampa Bay very well might draft Haskins though as he seems like the QB that fits what TB upper management likes in a QB (basically he's considered a rich man's Winston). So in view of that the Giants could try to jump them if they really want Haskins. But I don't think the Giants really want Haskins, I think they're married to the snowball-chance allure of Eli eventually getting #3... but we'll see.

Raiders need a whole front 7 and a tight end, the more red chip picks they can get the better.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    lol still pushing the haskins/winston comparison because they're big black qb's. might as well lump in jamarcus, geno, and leftwich while you're at it. the better winston comp is somebody like big ben. aggressive passer, big qb with some escapability but not really a runner

haskins is much more in the bledsoe/palmer/flacco mold. big/immobile qb with strong, accurate arm and good touch. his biggest issue at this point is lack of experience as he only really played 1 year
    Last edited by spurraider21; 04-12-2019 at 07:02 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    lol still pushing the haskins/winston comparison because they're big black qb's. might as well lump in jamarcus, geno, and leftwich while you're at it. the better winston comp is somebody like big ben. aggressive passer, big qb with some escapability but not really a runner

haskins is much more in the bledsoe/palmer/flacco mold. big/immobile qb with strong, accurate arm and good touch. his biggest issue at this point is lack of experience as he only really played 1 year
    Haskins is like the opposite of what people think of as a black QB. Holy , looked it up and he ran a 5.04 40-yard dash. I could do better than that wearing a leather jacket and cowboy boots. However, Madden will still give him like 87 speed and 88 acceleration lmao...

I just don't think Haskins is "accurate" enough though he has a big arm. Doubt he has the brains to be elite in terms of reads, etc at the NFL level. He's the type that probably will chuck it deep with his eyes half closed at the first sign of pressure because he knows he's not fast or elusive enough to get around the pass rush. Though he's probably big enough to stiff arm a DB blitzer, I guess.

If you don't like the Winston comparison, here's another one... EJ Manuel? Dude was hyped as a big pocket strong arm, tough to bring down guy coming out of college but never really made it in the NFL.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Haskins is like the opposite of what people think of as a black QB. Holy , looked it up and he ran a 5.04 40-yard dash. I could do better than that wearing a leather jacket and cowboy boots. However, Madden will still give him like 87 speed and 88 acceleration lmao...
    no they wont

I just don't think Haskins is "accurate" enough though he has a big arm.
    why? because he's black?

his stats on their face show good accuracy. and yeah stats aren't everything, especially when translating QB's to the NFL. so what, have you watched a lot of game tapes from haskins? i doubt it. you just see black qb and assume inaccurate

Doubt he has the brains to be elite in terms of reads, etc at the NFL level.
    why, because he's black?

He's the type that probably will chuck it deep with his eyes half closed at the first sign of pressure because he knows he's not fast or elusive enough to get around the pass rush.[
    why, because he's black?

if you've watched him, you'd see that haskins excels in the short/intermediate passing game, loves concepts like shallow crosses. exactly the opposite of what you're talking about

Though he's probably big enough to stiff arm a DB blitzer, I guess.

If you don't like the Winston comparison, here's another one... EJ Manuel? Dude was hyped as a big pocket strong arm, tough to bring down guy coming out of college but never really made it in the NFL.
    EJ Manuel? you're an idiot. just because they're both black? EJ Manuel was billed as an athletic qb with a big arm. here's the first scouting report of him i pulled up

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2013emanuel.php

strenths: dual threat, big arm, excellent mobility, escapability, quick release

weaknesses: not a natural passer, decision making, field vision, struggles to make progressions, runs too quickly, spotty accuracy

other than the big arm... there's nothing to compare these guys with except for the fact that they're black. you're an idiot and just racist tbh

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    no they wont

why? because he's black?

his stats on their face show good accuracy. and yeah stats aren't everything, especially when translating QB's to the NFL. so what, have you watched a lot of game tapes from haskins? i doubt it. you just see black qb and assume inaccurate

why, because he's black?

why, because he's black?

if you've watched him, you'd see that haskins excels in the short/intermediate passing game, loves concepts like shallow crosses. exactly the opposite of what you're talking about

EJ Manuel? you're an idiot. just because they're both black? EJ Manuel was billed as an athletic qb with a big arm. here's the first scouting report of him i pulled up

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2013emanuel.php

strenths: dual threat, big arm, excellent mobility, escapability, quick release

weaknesses: not a natural passer, decision making, field vision, struggles to make progressions, runs too quickly, spotty accuracy

other than the big arm... there's nothing to compare these guys with except for the fact that they're black. you're an idiot and just racist tbh
    I think Murray is the clear choice because he has a baseball arm and he's clearly somewhere between Jackson/Vick and Russell Wilson. If he doesn't make all the right reads right away, who cares --if he can dodge 3 guys and sprint to the sticks on 3rd & 7. To me that's why he's the safest pick in a lousy QB class.

I'm not disagreeing with Haskins being a black Flacco, (post injury) Bledsoe or Carson Palmer. I also don't think that type of guy is the guy you want as your franchise QB in today's game. If he's not Brady he's going to take a lot of strip sacks and suc b hard to today's interior-rush (DTs and A-gap blitz) driven defensive schemes.

Drew Lock and Daniel Jones are both tall and full figured, and plenty mobile though don't scramble at the drop of hat they're a lot more athletic than Haskins. Either one could become Bortles but they could also become Wentz.

Will Grier... don't know too much about that guy, he'll probably be a decent backup/part time starter.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Crofl complete change of topic after getting called out. This is why you’re on ignore. Gonna go back to not clicking the view post button.

Believe.
    Post Count
    For one game a guy like Kyler Murray will make enough big plays to give this illusion he is a legit NFL QB. Then as the weeks go by he'll start to waver and we will see he's too small, he's too dumb to make it work. The way he runs will not work at the NFL level for very long.

Everyone wanting a Russell Wilson, well there is only one.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Crofl complete change of topic after getting called out. This is why you’re on ignore. Gonna go back to not clicking the view post button.
    I'm on the verge of adding him with Avante on ignore. I just have fun lumping his takes on SFS's thread, tbh..

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    For one game a guy like Kyler Murray will make enough big plays to give this illusion he is a legit NFL QB. Then as the weeks go by he'll start to waver and we will see he's too small, he's too dumb to make it work. The way he runs will not work at the NFL level for very long.

Everyone wanting a Russell Wilson, well there is only one.
    Lamar jackson?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I'm on the verge of adding him with Avante on ignore. I just have fun lumping his takes on SFS's thread, tbh..
    Only pussies & assholes use the ignore user feature on an internet message board.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Only pussies & assholes use the ignore user feature on an internet message board.
    You have by far the worst football takes of anyone. Including Avante. It’s always just some random that’s akin to some chick who’s seen a game or two.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Patriots sign Demaryius, as I was hoping for.

Only winners get wings

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Rofl the undressing of MM by spurraider was gold imo

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Patriots sign Demaryius, as I was hoping for.

Only winners get wings
    Yikes... 21 TD season upcoming from a big WR who everyone thought was washed up and done.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Yikes... 21 TD season upcoming from a big WR who everyone thought was washed up and done.
    If Josh Gordon can by some miracle come back next season NFL = fcked

Still think they need to use a first rounder on a tight end...not confident ASJ is any good.

Gronk kinda ed them for announcing his retirement after free agency was over, they would have had a lot more cap room to work with.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Patriots re-signing Jamie Collins is also a no brained move imo. Him with Bentley coming back next year would give them athleticism at linebacker they haven’t had in years.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    If Josh Gordon can by some miracle come back next season NFL = fcked

Still think they need to use a first rounder on a tight end...not confident ASJ is any good.

Gronk kinda ed them for announcing his retirement after free agency was over, they would have had a lot more cap room to work with.
    Gordon won't be back. He cares about as much about football as the Cowboys' David Irving.

Maybe D. Thomas can bulk up that big body and become a TE of sorts? He isn't beating anyone deep anymore, that's for sure.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Gordon won't be back. He cares about as much about football as the Cowboys' David Irving.

Maybe D. Thomas can bulk up that big body and become a TE of sorts? He isn't beating anyone deep anymore, that's for sure.
    All of his teammates in NE say Gordon worked hard in practice to learn the playbook on the fly. His issue isn’t not caring about football, it’s mental health.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Official 2019 Black Thread

Thread Information