Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was Tony Parker's mentorship not enough for DJ?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think so. Murray was very far behind, and I don't think in his playing days Parker was much the mentoring type.

Murray then missed an entire year. He still needed work, and I think some dedicated coaching could have helped. Couldn't have hurt.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think so. Murray was very far behind, and I don't think in his playing days Parker was much the mentoring type.

Murray then missed an entire year. He still needed work, and I think some dedicated coaching could have helped. Couldn't have hurt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've posted about it before and I think it still stands true:

The coaching staff needed a former NBA point guard to work with Dejounte. And he really needs the coaching though it may be getting too late. There is no one to help him get better at NBA point guard skills. White is trying to get his own career going and Mills never had those skills.

Maybe it would have never made a difference but the Spurs have really underserved Murray and themselves.
    Becky Hammon is a legit pg mentor. I think DJ is just stuck in between a rock and a hard place with Demar and his combo gaurd style of play. Ultimately a lot of this can STILL be attributed to his inexperience overall. He just needs to grow with the other guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think DJ is fine and gotta keep grinding. I think now is a good buy low on him. I think he’ll bounce back to be a solid starter next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just one more season of patty mills....but hey! Atleast poodle power is back
    Patty is a kool aid commander. He’ll get at least one more contract. Book it!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty is a kool aid commander. He’ll get at least one more contract. Book it!
    Might as well keep ng the spurs tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am not a Dejounte hater, but he is being rushed too quickly. He needed to study behind a veteran point guard, where as Derrick White has 4 years of experience.
    For the last game, Popovich needs to sit DeMar and start Keldon...let's see what he can do
    That doesn't necessarily bode well for White's ceiling then. White is probably better than Murray but not so much so. I think Murray was more hurt due to missing last season.

He barely played his rookie year and his second season was his only other season where he was a rotation player. It may have stunted his development; seeing how the goal was mainly to have him get back on the court and stay healthy. His jumper has certainly progressed while every other aspect has either regressed our leveled out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't think any of the young guy's ceilings is very high. We have a team of average role players, tbqfh, imho, fwiw

Thread Information