Page 22 of 163 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Trump was running against a competent opponent like Sherrod Brown this race would be over. It’s ing ridiculous that we picked a candidate who’s too ing old and stupid to come up with something better than “If you vote for Trump you ain’t black!”
    Objecting to riots is white supremacy now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Trump was running against a competent opponent like Sherrod Brown this race would be over. It’s ing ridiculous that we picked a candidate who’s too ing old and stupid to come up with something better than “If you vote for Trump you ain’t black!”
    Joe is the dumbest candidate the dems have picked in my lifetime granted I'm still in my 30's. Dems could have picked a boring middle age white guy and would easily win a landslide.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    America is a 3rd World country with a Gucci belt on

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sold either way on the political fallout. On the one hand it emboldens AA voters, but it's an absolute horror show for white people. Dems could lose a few percentage points from the latter if they opt for the "shoot the rioters" candidate. Trump's just yelling the same thing on Twitter that a lot of white people are yelling at their TV.

I honestly can't think of a single election where violent protests have benefitted Democrats. Watts and Newark didn't help them against Nixon in 1968. The Miami riots of 1980 didn't help them against Reagan. While Clinton won after the LA riots in 1992, that probably doesn't happen without Ross Perot in the race. Ferguson didn't help Democrats last time around.

This is not to say last night is about political strategy, nor should it be. I'm just not sold it hurts Trump. And when you see videos of white men calmly busting windows to insight the action, you wonder if they know something about the affect on the political tide.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surprisingly I agree with you.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sold either way on the political fallout. On the one hand it emboldens AA voters, but it's an absolute horror show for white people. Dems could lose a few percentage points from the latter if they opt for the "shoot the rioters" candidate. Trump's just yelling the same thing on Twitter that a lot of white people are yelling at their TV.

I honestly can't think of a single election where violent protests have benefitted Democrats. Watts and Newark didn't help them against Nixon in 1968. The Miami riots of 1980 didn't help them against Reagan. While Clinton won after the LA riots in 1992, that probably doesn't happen without Ross Perot in the race. Ferguson didn't help Democrats last time around.

This is not to say last night is about political strategy, nor should it be. I'm just not sold it hurts Trump. And when you see videos of white men calmly busting windows to insight the action, you wonder if they know something about the affect on the political tide.
    My fear is like what you have said that it benefits Trump. I think it could galvanize is white base for a larger turn out since they are motivated by racism. It might even push up his approval rating by a few points.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is what propaganda looks like and they work full time for the Democrats.
    dude, it works full time for both parties. See: weapons of mass destruction

The whole thing is like sliding a heavy piece of furniture. Dems push one side and repubs the other moving us closer and closer to tyranny. Media will play it up and divide us just like they did for covid19.

I agree, they’re going to play this to the T... but just realize Trump is saying he’s ready to send in the military. He’s playing repubs bravado by saying the democratic mayor can’t take care of things. Conservatives will be all for it ignoring the fact that it is allowing the federal government to over step and take control. It’s one of many baby steps both sides of the isle do to slowly take away power of local government.

trump doesn’t care what happens to you any more than Pelosi. If you don’t believe that, you are just as delusional as the left

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joe is the dumbest candidate the dems have picked in my lifetime granted I'm still in my 30's. Dems could have picked a boring middle age white guy and would easily win a landslide.
    Given how weak a candidate Biden is, he has led Trash in national polls by 9 points (aka a landslide) since Jan '19, a record going back 70+ years, showing how despised Trash is by a large majority.

The Trump Pandemic is killing 100K+ Americans, unemployment heading for 25% and staying high for months.

Trash is getting hurt by the Repugs punishing 40M Americans by cutting their unemployment net, while Repugs open several fraudulent "investigations" of Biden

Trash can only "win" by cheating, and he has total assistance in cheating from the Repugs and the SCOTUS5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You just realize this niga????

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    orangegutan agreeing with Chinese communist party and Iranian Ayattollahs

Americans cheering the looting and burning in Hong Kong and Iran but calling their own American citizens thugs

the stupidity of Americans never ceases to amaze me
    Called it

Chinese going in RAW on Orangegupig

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

You might be right but I was just speaking to the fact that there’s now a lot of to drown out the Bernie got screwed noise. In 2016 the Bernie got screwed noise lasted all the way up through Election Day.

I fully expect the Dems to trip over their own and up the messaging, but this should be pretty cut and dry. Trump’s inability to manage crises has plunged the country into chaos - 25% unemployment and riots in the streets.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our president is so bad a corpse has a shot at beating him

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    He’s definitely the dumbest but Kerry is still the worst imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My fear is like what you have said that it benefits Trump. I think it could galvanize is white base for a larger turn out since they are motivated by racism. It might even push up his approval rating by a few points.
    Problem is there isn't as much "upward" room for the fascist party. Their voters tend to always get out an vote and vote way more consistently. Democrats have much lower rates of general participation.

Most indications are that this fall will be another wave election, with a very high turnout, and there are more Democrats nationally. Fascist gerrymandering has stacked the deck for them in a lot of places, but that only goes so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You might be right but I was just speaking to the fact that there’s now a lot of to drown out the Bernie got screwed noise. In 2016 the Bernie got screwed noise lasted all the way up through Election Day.

I fully expect the Dems to trip over their own and up the messaging, but this should be pretty cut and dry. Trump’s inability to manage crises has plunged the country into chaos - 25% unemployment and riots in the streets.
    So many ready made sound bite ads. The Lincoln project is just getting started. Impeachment, Tax Cut for the Rich, "maybe it will magcically disappear" etc. Trump is going to be running against himself, and getting buried in an avalanche of dumpster fires.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Does this embolden AA voters? These kinds of incidents are expected in places like Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida. Minnesota is a blue state, generally voting in liberal democrats or moderate republicans. If I were AA, I would think Minnesota is one of the safest states to live in besides maybe Oregon.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except Biden has already eaten into his lead among whites. Trump led Hillary by double digits there. Trump has a single digit lead among whites against Biden iirc.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Called it

Chinese going in RAW on Orangegupig

Good stuff, hater

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except Biden has already eaten into his lead among whites. Trump led Hillary by double digits there. Trump has a single digit lead among whites against Biden iirc.
    People aren't going to get out to vote for Ho e Joe. Sorry, tranny.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does this embolden AA voters? These kinds of incidents are expected in places like Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida. Minnesota is a blue state, generally voting in liberal democrats or moderate republicans. If I were AA, I would think Minnesota is one of the safest states to live in besides maybe Oregon.
    A ton of pent up anger.
    Some of it has to do with this virus imo.
    I think right now there are a number of places this kind of thing could happen with the right type of ignition switch.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So your logic is that they went out to vote for him in the primary in record numbers but will just stay home for the general. Yeah that makes sense..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So your logic is that they went out to vote for him in the primary in record numbers but will just stay home for the general. Yeah that makes sense..
    Trump has the incel vote sewn up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump has the incel vote sewn up.
    I was referring to derp's post over above. Didn't care to quote him

Thread Information