Page 49 of 171 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 4270
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A top12 protected 2022 pick? Yeeeeah no.
    I agree the pick compensation isn't enough but, I could see us doing a deal like this if the pick is better or a young player is included as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree the pick compensation isn't enough but, I could see us doing a deal like this if the pick is better or a young player is included as well.
    I’d rather it be Lonnie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The deal is ing stupid. OKC unloads a massive contract and player they sat almost the entire year and a draft pick outside the lottery for a very good floor general. this .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pro-Kai Jones people need to watch this.

This video contains his missed shots, which tell more of a complete story.

His shot attempts at mid-range and at the 3 are U G L Y.

They look like out-of-control, unnatural shots. There's a spectrum that goes like this for shots:

1 - mechanical
    5- fluid, natural
    10 - out of control

Kai's jumpers are at 10. I don't see a real path for him to become a reliable shooter. That form is broken. The way he sets his feet is bad. There is no consistency in either. It seems like he's adjusting his form in every shot attempt.

With that said, I'm not anti-Kai. No question the athleticism is there for him to excel as a rim rolling big.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The OKC trade makes sense if you leave Derrick White out of it:

In: Al Horford (under contract for $53.5M/2 years) + Phoenix's 1st round pick to Oklahoma City protected for selections 1-12 in 2022, 1-10 in 2023 and 1-8 in 2024 and unprotected in 2025

Out: Cap space (ie generates a Trade Exception)

SAS takes on Al Horford and the 53.5M attached for a 2022 FRP... That starts to make sense, but that is a heck of an expensive FRP, depending on what you think Horford is worth to us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing with taking on Al Horford is you have to promise him playing time. Otherwise, it's the same situation all over again with the Thunder. Would the Spurs trade for Al Horford and then waive him?

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Kai Jones will need a lot of work. He seems like a 4-year project and I’m not on board with 3 year projects (meaning they can’t even contribute until year 3). As a small market, I’m skeptical of investing in a player only for them to be ready, if at all, right as their contract is about to expire. At least Luka came in with lots of skills. Jones is far from that. But hey, hopefully someone ahead of us takes him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Kai Jones will need a lot of work. He seems like a 4-year project and I’m not on board with 3 year projects (meaning they can’t even contribute until year 3). As a small market, I’m skeptical of investing in a player only for them to be ready, if at all, right as their contract is about to expire. At least Luka came in with lots of skills. Jones is far from that. But hey, hopefully someone ahead of us takes him.
    it wouldn't shock me if jones did go before us although i don't think he will. it'd be great if kai did go before the spurs picked though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it wouldn't shock me if jones did go before us although i don't think he will. it'd be great if kai did go before the spurs picked though.
    Absolutely. Isaiah Jackson too, if possible, would be great if someone picks him before us.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing with taking on Al Horford is you have to promise him playing time. Otherwise, it's the same situation all over again with the Thunder. Would the Spurs trade for Al Horford and then waive him?
    I'm not so sure that we'd be making him a promise of playing time. Think of him as taking Rudy's spot (if this happened, I can't see Rudy back), while letting us park the money for the 2023 offseason, all while getting another pick...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You absolutely play him if you're trying to make the playoffs. He's better than Eubanks and spreads the floor anchoring a 2nd unit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teams drafting before the Spurs who could go big (assuming Mobley is gone):

Magic
    Raptors
    Kings (or not if they give $20 mil to Holmes)
    Hornets

I could see the Raptors taking Kai *crosses fingers* and maybe the Magic will take Isaiah Jackson with the Bulls pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kai and Jackson don’t really seem like Spurs picks. I kind of see both of them as low floor/ low ceiling. I think the Spurs would at least want a high floor guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kai and Jackson don’t really seem like Spurs picks. I kind of see both of them as low floor/ low ceiling. I think the Spurs would at least want a high floor guy.
    i don't really know, one way or the other, if the spurs would have any interest in kai or jackson but if they go before the spurs pick that means that those were two other picks before the spurs that would have been wasted on other players-which would bode well that one of the other players hat some of us are hoping the spurs would pick might still be available.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The OKC trade makes sense if you leave Derrick White out of it:

In: Al Horford (under contract for $53.5M/2 years) + Phoenix's 1st round pick to Oklahoma City protected for selections 1-12 in 2022, 1-10 in 2023 and 1-8 in 2024 and unprotected in 2025

Out: Cap space (ie generates a Trade Exception)

SAS takes on Al Horford and the 53.5M attached for a 2022 FRP... That starts to make sense, but that is a heck of an expensive FRP, depending on what you think Horford is worth to us.
    OKC isn’t clearing cap space unless it overwhelmingly benefited them. They’re not contenders or knocking on the playoffs enough to create cap space simply to improve the roster or give themselves freedom.

They don’t even have a core to develop yet. No reason to move contracts unless it’s for something really worthwhile.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC isn’t clearing cap space unless it overwhelmingly benefited them. They’re not contenders or knocking on the playoffs enough to create cap space simply to improve the roster or give themselves freedom.

They don’t even have a core to develop yet. No reason to move contracts unless it’s for something really worthwhile.
    I think Horford and his management will not tolerate long term sitting, so while as a concept they may not need to clear cap room, I believe they need to move THIS contract.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teams drafting before the Spurs who could go big (assuming Mobley is gone):

Magic
    Raptors
    Kings (or not if they give $20 mil to Holmes)
    Hornets

I could see the Raptors taking Kai *crosses fingers* and maybe the Magic will take Isaiah Jackson with the Bulls pick.
    I agree, Hornets are the biggest threat imo since they only have some 3/4 like bridges but no real C. Kings also cause they have a hole inside, at least on the bench, plus the holmes situation.

Raps have Siakam and Boucher ( plus Birch who they like and is FA i guess), Orlando with Carter and maybe Bamba ( FA).
    Last edited by duncan2150; 05-24-2021 at 03:59 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Shams Charania
    ShamsCharania
    1h
    Sources: The NBA has informed franchises that team and league personnel must be fully-vaccinated in order to the attend the 2021 Draft Combine in June in Chicago, unless there's medical or religious reason for no vaccination.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sengun I’ve been critical of... but I’m starting to see more Diaw type potential there. Skeptical he can play the 5 full time in the nba but a passing, playmaking 4 who can shoot and create from the post still has a lot of utility.

I see it now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It will be interesting to see who they prioritize.

Also curious who they rule out. These are random speculations of whom they don’t draft.

Josh Giddey: with so much commitment to Dejounte, I can’t see them drafting Giddey. They didn’t commit to Derrick White as the point guard of the future so Giddey seems less likely, as PG seems like Giddey’s only position because he can’t shoot. Also they seem to like Tre Jones.

Sengun: Sigh. He’s a center, and between the pledge to Yak as a starter and the likely pursuit of Dieng who is a proven shooter, it’s hard to see them getting Sengun as 3rd, possibly 4th center. I’m not endorsing this, again, just speculation.

Kai Jones/Isaiah Jackson: just don’t see it. Jackson is at least a good defender but seems like a waste of a pick. Yak is already a solid defensive 5 who can’t shoot.

Who I see them targeting:

1. Moses Moody (for talent)

2. Kispert. (for shooting)

3. Garuba (for defense; I mean, he could be a DPOY and legitimately guard 1-5, there is something special in that when picking at 11/12. Also, he’s perhaps showing the embryonics of a 3 point shot.)

Edit: 4. Wagner (all around game)

Anyway. My spitballing for the day.
    Last edited by The Truth #6; 05-24-2021 at 07:17 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for sharing Dejounte. Lots of great footage there.

While I like that guys videos for how comprehensive they are, it frustrates me as to why he doesn't put the footage in chronological order.
    It would be easier to track some of the erratic shot taking, decision making progression linearly - especially with a prospect as raw as Kai Jones is.

I believe if you see Kai as simply a rim rolling big on O at the NBA level, you have to drop him about 8 - 10 spots on your draft board.
    To me that is not where his value to a team would come in.

I'm buying that, (with some time mind you), he could be a 3/4 - (a stretch-ish 4 on Offense and a switchable perimeter defender/paint helper 3 on the other end).

If he can continue to develop his perimeter shot with some tweaks (a big if), you can simplify the game initially for him on Offense to C&S -> Attacking a close out, Swing Passes and Dunker's Spot catches/lobs. (He's shown a propensity for this already).

On Defense, well, lets just say it's a little more complicated. How much is between the ears, what has been taught about basic defensive principles, how much energy is he willing to exert on a possession? etc etc.

Hopefully he has a workout with the Spurs and they can get a breakdown of his shooting.
    If they draft him, you can best believe they feel it's correctable and translatable to the next level.
    Last edited by PhantomDashCam; 05-24-2021 at 07:27 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've tried to watch some of Sengun's latest tapes but his team got swept 3-0 in such a blowout fashion that's it's difficult to get anything from it. The most notable thing from the tape is that James Anderson is still kicking and playing pretty well

Sengun doing cool things while his team is down 30 points really shouldn't move a needle, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've tried to watch some of Sengun's latest tapes but his team got swept 3-0 in such a blowout fashion that's it's difficult to get anything from it. The most notable thing from the tape is that James Anderson is still kicking and playing pretty well

Sengun doing cool things while his team is down 30 points really shouldn't move a needle, tbh.
    I wouldn't draw a bunch from losing 3-0. Besitkas was 19-10 on the regular season (4th spot) and Efes was 29-1 (1st spot). Also, Besitkas is normally a bottom 1/3 of the league team...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't draw a bunch from losing 3-0. Besitkas was 19-10 on the regular season (4th spot) and Efes was 29-1 (1st spot). Also, Besitkas is normally a bottom 1/3 of the league team...
    Yeah, I don't care that they were blown out. It's just that the games were so uncompe ive that there was nothing -- good or bad -- to take from the games.

Thread Information