Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure white+1st or even white+Walker+1st gets us into that top 3 draft range. Would most likely have to do Murray+1st. I think Detroit would do that deal. Would love to do that and then take Mobley.
    Murray + a 1st to move into the top 3?...... Done!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully this was the low water mark of the season, because this team can't play much worse than they did last night.

White is an enigma. I don't understand how a guy that looked so comfortable and in-command as a point guard last year in the bubble can regress so horribly now. I really credit him with the success the team had in Orlando, and I think he has to shoulder a lot of the blame for the way the team is playing as of late. What happened???

Any our vets can't play a lick of defense. Pop needs to quit relying on Patty late in games because the best Mills is going to do is trade baskets. If we need his "energy" out there in order to win, we probably have the wrong roster. After too many minutes on the court, Mills' energy is gone and he's just a liability out there chucking threes. Mills, DDR and Gay out there together last night did nothing to help the team. We'd be better off just letting the young guys get some minutes.

I get that two straight overtime losses can be mentally draining, but we got took by an inferior team...again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs could legit go 2-8 in the next 10 and be 26-34 yikes
    Yeah that's what I've been thinking. Thought if we won last night it would be 3-7 in the next 10, but 2-8 looks about right. That should gets us clawing for a 10th spot for the play-in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Drew really just say the Rockets can get what they want in trades???

No, man. The spergs on the Rockets forum are in shambles compared to the people here.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray + a 1st to move into the top 3?...... Done!
    Not in this draft, I don't think.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully this was the low water mark of the season, because this team can't play much worse than they did last night.

White is an enigma. I don't understand how a guy that looked so comfortable and in-command as a point guard last year in the bubble can regress so horribly now. I really credit him with the success the team had in Orlando, and I think he has to shoulder a lot of the blame for the way the team is playing as of late. What happened???

Any our vets can't play a lick of defense. Pop needs to quit relying on Patty late in games because the best Mills is going to do is trade baskets. If we need his "energy" out there in order to win, we probably have the wrong roster. After too many minutes on the court, Mills' energy is gone and he's just a liability out there chucking threes. Mills, DDR and Gay out there together last night did nothing to help the team. We'd be better off just letting the young guys get some minutes.

I get that two straight overtime losses can be mentally draining, but we got took by an inferior team...again.
    The rotations are awful. At this point, there's really not much to it. Either Pop is beyond help / gone or he's tanking with his old guys while looking like he cares and has the premium on corporate culture.

I'm hoping it's the latter but suspect it's the former.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Houston Rockets acquire Avery Bradley, Kelly Olynyk and a 2022 first-round pick swap

The Houston Rockets completely bungled this aspect of the trade. Back in January when they orchestrated a four-team deal to move Harden out of town per his request, the Rockets demanded they receive picks and an All-Star in return. It was an unnecessary front to put up because everybody knew they were operating from a relative disadvantage. The idea of receiving an All-Star in return was to show they could still remain compe ive while jettisoning one of the best offensive weapons we’ve ever seen.
    The Rockets could have ended up with Caris LeVert and Jarrett Allen in the deal, but they NEEDED an All-Star. So they ended up sending LeVert to Indiana and Allen to Cleveland. It netted them Oladipo. At the time, this was about saving face and remaining compe ive. But the fragility of this team was exposed as soon as Christian Wood went down with a bad ankle injury. They lost 20 straight games after that injury. Oladipo turned down a contract extension, and everybody knew two things about the next step for Houston. 1) Oladipo is not the same player he was two years ago, and 2) the Rockets have zero leverage in acquiring a decent return for a potential Oladipo rental.
    Neither Bradley nor Olynyk will be impact players on this team. They’ll both be gone in the offseason. And the Rockets will be left hoping this draft swap ends up being something they can leverage in the future. Bradley and Olynyk and a draft swap instead of LeVert and Allen on the roster and under contract past this season. That is one of the worst returns in NBA history, regardless of how good or bad Oladipo might be in Miami. They better hope the picks from Brooklyn end up giving them something big down the road.
    Grade: Is there anything I can give this lower than an F?

https://theathletic.com/2477083/2021...-and-reaction/

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/c...#post-13492791

Just for people who wants facts since Drew doesn't care for facts.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure white+1st or even white+Walker+1st gets us into that top 3 draft range. Would most likely have to do Murray+1st. I think Detroit would do that deal. Would love to do that and then take Mobley.
    Sign me up for that every time!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did comprehend that you blocked me that's why I didn't quote you and said "For people who want facts..."

Your sensitive ass is "not going to read this" so why don't I keep going?

If the grass is so much greener, why don't you root for the Rockets? You seem to have a better pulse than what Rockets fans think Hey, you live in the Woodlands anyway. The Toyota Center is so much closer.

That $3,000 could have gone to better causes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sign me up for that every time!!
    I guess most of us wanted to see them make this kind of splash in last year's draft but if you had to wait to make a splash THIS would be the draft to do it on. Not sure how other people value our guards though. Talented guards seem to be a dime a dozen (at least in the White, Murray, and Walker level). Spurs definitely need a legit PF with a 7'+ wingspan and I feel like everyone wants those.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no chance the Pistons or anyone would trade a top 3 pick for a likely late lottery pick and a flawed, athletically reliant role player with a torn ACL in his rearview mirror.

I guess most of us wanted to see them make this kind of splash in last year's draft but if you had to wait to make a splash THIS would be the draft to do it on. Not sure how other people value our guards though. Talented guards seem to be a dime a dozen (at least in the White, Murray, and Walker level). Spurs definitely need a legit PF with a 7'+ wingspan and I feel like everyone wants those.
    Spurs definitely need a talented guard too. Good luck building a competent offense around a Murray/White back court. They haven't had a guard you could do so with in about three quarters of a decade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no chance the Pistons or anyone would trade a top 3 pick for a likely late lottery pick and a flawed, athletically reliant role player with a torn ACL in his rearview mirror.

Spurs definitely need a talented guard too. Good luck building a competent offense around a Murray/White back court. They haven't had a guard you could do so with in about three quarters of a decade.
    A bonafide all-star would be nice there but we definitely have ac ulated our talent in the PG/SG/Wing categories vs the F/C area. Poeltl is nice but I prefer him off the bench. Dieng is good but he is older and a bit slow. Luka has potential but not ready and need more depth around the PF/C areas.
    Last edited by SpursDynasty85; 04-06-2021 at 04:55 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    D'Angelo russell would be nice. Rumors were swirling recently that both he and town's are going to be on the trade block this summer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with every word you said.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not only nice, but essential. I know they've already extended Murray, Poeltl and White and are loathe to make changes until they have to, but their greatest need remains high end talent, as opposed to a position(s). The latter comes after you have the former.

The only saving grace is, once DeRozan leaves in the off season and they have no featured player on offense, they should organically become a team picking in the top half of the lottery.

Thread Information