Page 47 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1651
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well we got what, 5 hours left. Not much time to around now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kinda hope the harden/simmons trade goes down, would be must see TV when they play one another

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see today as being actually pretty quiet. Jerami Grant isn't going anywhere. Westbrook won't be traded. Simmons/Harden is too big to hammer out in a few days. Might be Turner moving and some other bits and pieces but no big things. Spurs don't find anything for Thad Young and buy him out, or find someone who will trade a larger expiring plus a 2nd rounder or something, who will then buy himout.
    Supposedly, even though both Sabo and Turner were on the block, they were never trading both, and both the team and Turner are excited to get back to a one center offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s some chatter that Morey will wait for the last minute to drop the blockbuster trade so that no EC opponents get a chance to do any follow on or reactive trades.

Good info, I could see that. You were saying last night that the Spurs could be that mystery team that helps facilitate the deal with offsetting financials/ballast in which case the deal is already done and we will find out in a few hours. It's actually a pretty sound strategy too. I wouldn't doubt some other contenders might have foreseen this and initiated some preliminary contingency reactionary trades on standby if they need to address a new look from their obstacles to a ring. If you've already discussed it, executing that trade wouldn't take long once you saw the Harden deal happen with hours to spare before the deadline. So Morey is trying to leave not even enough time for the phone call lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Woj was backing off the Harden Simmons discussions last night so it's not a lock by any means

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good info, I could see that. You were saying last night that the Spurs could be that mystery team that helps facilitate the deal with offsetting financials/ballast in which case the deal is already done and we will find out in a few hours. It's actually a pretty sound strategy too. I wouldn't doubt some other contenders might have foreseen this and initiated some preliminary contingency reactionary trades on standby if they need to address a new look from their obstacles to a ring. If you've already discussed it, executing that trade wouldn't take long once you saw the Harden deal happen with hours to spare before the deadline.
    Teams involved in the trade could also want to trade their new assets again. Possible they could already know what they’re getting, and be working the phones quietly.

Or, this could be just a bunch of smoke. We’ll see in a bit over 4 hours.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch OKC throw the Lakers a lifeline by taking back Russ Westbrook. Somebody will help them unload their 40M+ mistake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Woj was backing off the Harden Simmons discussions last night so it's not a lock by any means
    Yeah, he has, but there’s still a lot of smoke. I don’t know if it will happen, but it really needs to. Harden, per par, has worn out his welcome in Brooklyn, and Simmons will never play in Philly again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are we all set for 5 more wins this season or will we make a move for a 2031 2nd rounder?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch OKC throw the Lakers a lifeline by taking back Russ Westbrook. Somebody will help them unload their 40M+ mistake.
    They will take him back, but only if they get picks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just curious…if it took a 2022 first pick swap to get the deal done for John Collins? A lot of you desperately want this guy. Would you do it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just curious…if it took a 2022 first pick swap to get the deal done for John Collins? A lot of you desperately want this guy. Would you do it?
    nope. Not if the Spurs get into the top 5. Much rather a future first, best would be a 2025 one (either Chi or SA 1st). Spurs really need to find a way to get another first to have more flexibility in trade offers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They will take him back, but only if they get picks
    Lakers not willing to give up their 2027 pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ​​
    Yeah, he has, but there’s still a lot of smoke. I don’t know if it will happen, but it really needs to. Harden, per par, has worn out his welcome in Brooklyn, and Simmons will never play in Philly again.
    https://twitter.com/MrMichaelLee/status/1491789674339209228?s=20&t=l3LcpWV1Yz7V_l1ygToBKw

Text from a former NBA player this morning: "Harden gonna have a hard time getting a former teammate to introduce him at his HOF induction"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nope. Not if the Spurs get into the top 5. Much rather a future first, best would be a 2025 one (either Chi or SA 1st). Spurs really need to find a way to get another first to have more flexibility in trade offers.
    If we get Collins, we will be in the playin range. Top4 odds would be no better than the last 2 years. We’d likely be right around the same pick draw area as ATL.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not this seasons, not when we actually have a shot at the #1 pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers not willing to give up their 2027 pick
    It’ll take more than one FRP to swallow that monster contract. OKC got 2 from Philly a couple of years ago to take Horford, and his contract wasn’t a SuperMax AND he could still play.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs need to trade for a solid PF. That would solve a bunch of problems and force Pops hand. I hate that folks here don't want to give up a frp in a deal for let's say a J.Collins. Aside from Duncan and Parker what rookie has ever gotten to start immediately and play meaningful minutes(25-30) for the Spurs? Everyone wants a high draft pick and yet the recent ones that we've gotten really haven't played a whole lot. Getting an established talent at PF is a must. Last night showed me all I needed to see. You have a team that starts 2 sometimes 3 7footers and Pop at no point in the game played more than one big. The excuse for him would always be spacing. But that has been proven to be false. Zach Collins has a jumpshot, so there is no reason he couldn't have gotten minutes w/ Poetl. Walker, White, Keldon can all go for the right price. Get an established PF that is a legit 6-9 and can hit a jumpshot or the 3 and force Pop to play him at that position. J.Collins is that dude and I guarantee not even Pop would bench or limit Jacob to start or play Collins at the 5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10683065[/URL]]Just curious…if it took a 2022 first pick swap to get the deal done for John Collins? A lot of you desperately want this guy. Would you do it?
    Make it a little more realistic. Top 3 protected this year, if not given, top three pick protected again in 2023. Would you do it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Make it a little more realistic. Top 3 protected this year, if not given, top three pick protected again in 2023. Would you do it?
    Top 4. Top 3 is dated, since the top 4 are drawn for now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top 4. Top 3 is dated, since the top 4 are drawn for now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, because if you add JC we wint have much of a chance at a top 3 pick. I would wait until the summer and if our pick isn't top 8 I'd be willing to include it then. There's no reason to rush this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah I wouldn't do a pick swap for Collins. Not willing to with the upcoming pick at all. Suffered through this show of a year I want the damn payoff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, because if you add JC we wint have much of a chance at a top 3 pick. I would wait until the summer and if our pick isn't top 8 I'd be willing to include it then. There's no reason to rush this.
    He may be a Wizard tomorrow. He’s already signed a new contract. Waiting is best, but you could lose him that way.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah I wouldn't do a pick swap for Collins. Not willing to with the upcoming pick at all. Suffered through this show of a year I want the damn payoff.
    What are the Spurs gonna do with the Pick exactly? Pop is too good of a coach to have team that can get a top 3 pick. And what has Pop shown you that he's willing to play a high draft pick?

Thread Information