Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand how the lottery works in regard to this play-in crap. Do you guys think they even still needed to have these play-in games?

Anyway, if whoever finishes 10th beats the team in 9th, does that team that finished 10th (Spurs as of now), still draft like they were 10th?

If the 9th or 10th team gets the 8th spot, does that mean they're out of the lottery completely?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs resting starters in last 2 games with no position to gain?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand how the lottery works in regard to this play-in crap. Do you guys think they even still needed to have these play-in games?

Anyway, if whoever finishes 10th beats the team in 9th, does that team that finished 10th (Spurs as of now), still draft like they were 10th?

If the 9th or 10th team gets the 8th spot, does that mean they're out of the lottery completely?
    Your seeding stays if you don't make the playoffs. Doesn't matter if you win the first game.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I assume Murray is fine because I thought Pop was holding him out to take a look at other players.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs resting starters in last 2 games with no position to gain?

Possible lol imo they will play the team against Dallas to get ready for NO. They already make Murray, Poetl, Vassell and Johnson out for tonight's game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time date set

Wednesday, April 13
    930pm ET
    ESPN

First game of the year on national television. How bout that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time date set

Wednesday, April 13
    930pm ET
    ESPN

First game of the year on national television. How bout that

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs by 40

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Article regarding Spurs/Pelicans matchup:

https://www.nba.com/pelicans/news/pe...und-both-clubs

Pelicans-Spurs an unlikely postseason matchup after major turnaround for both clubs

A month into this NBA season, a San Antonio vs. New Orleans play-in matchup seemed about as likely to take place as an April snowstorm in the Crescent City. The Spurs were 4-13 on Thanksgiving, while the Pelicans entered Turkey Day at 4-16, far from the Western Conference postseason conversation. Led by mostly inexperienced rosters, both Southwest Division squads eventually found their footing, playing .500-plus basketball over the rest of 2021-22, setting the stage for an elimination game between No. 9 and 10 seeds.
    Unlike many Spurs rosters over the past few decades, this edition does not boast a collection of future Hall of Famers or multi-time All-Stars, with none of their three leading scorers older than 26. The Pelicans also rely heavily on youngsters, including three rookie rotation members and a third-year starting power forward. Here’s a position-by-position overview of each team heading into Wednesday’s play-in matchup:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone else feel like Spurs are gonna win this one tbh. Cause I do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I feel the Spurs will win also. If we have 6-8 players in double figures we win by double digits. IMO

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't love this play in tournament at all. Maybe if it was a tie game or teams were closer together in the standings... but 2 teams below 500 shouldn't be trying to play into the playoffs...

That aside, winner of SA-NO would play winner of Minn-LAC and that winner would go to the play offs to play the Suns in 1st round?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't love this play in tournament at all. Maybe if it was a tie game or teams were closer together in the standings... but 2 teams below 500 shouldn't be trying to play into the playoffs...

That aside, winner of SA-NO would play winner of Minn-LAC and that winner would go to the play offs to play the Suns in 1st round?
    Winner of SA/NO plays the loser of the Min/LAC game, winner of the Min/LAC game gets the 7th seed. Whoever loses the Min/LAC goes on to play the winner of SA/NO, winner of that takes the 8th seed and plays the Suns.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm scared they might. Would really hate to see them win two and move down to the #14 pick just to get skull ed by Phoenix in the first round. But beating NO and Minnesota seems like it could be doable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NO play-in game will be a nice experience for the young guys. Win or lose the only take away will be who comes to play. I’d expect Keldon, Jak and especially Murray to bring it. I’m also expecting guys like Vassell, Walker and Primo to turtle, if they compete that’s a win in itself.

Remember that this is still a 14 games under 500 team. There is no chance we beat the Clippers and little chance we beat Minny.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm scared they might. Would really hate to see them win two and move down to the #14 pick just to get skull ed by Phoenix in the first round. But beating NO and Minnesota seems like it could be doable.
    I feel the exact same way... best case scenario would be beating NO & falling to the Clippers / Minny... but since that is too risky, go Pels!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No, the winner of SA/NO plays the LOSER of LAC/Mem. The winner of the LAC/Mem game is already in the playoffs.

Edit: Min not Mem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Props to Adam Silver... The play-in is interesting in that most posts I see from fans seem to be very anti-, at least until their favorite team is helped by it. Without the play-in, the Spurs finish 8 games outside of playoff contention in the West, with fewer wins than the 12th seed in the East. With the play-in, fans are still engaged and excited, and fewer teams are blatantly tanking... But it seems extremely rare for the commissioner to get any credit or praise for making it happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The play in tournament idea has been a success for Adam Silver. An extra handful of teams trying for a playoff push rather than tanking early, that's a good thing. Keeps the lower end teams and the league more interesting in the final stages of the season- definitely a plus.
    It will be a real eye opener if a tournament team beats a 7th or 8th seed and then gives the number 1 seed a run for their money or even upset the number 1 seed. Its not likely to happen but it will just be a matter of time before it somehow does. A rare idea from the NBA that actually works. The only ones that don't like the idea are the ones that think they might possibly lose to a 9th or 10th seed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Props to Adam Silver... The play-in is interesting in that most posts I see from fans seem to be very anti-, at least until their favorite team is helped by it. Without the play-in, the Spurs finish 8 games outside of playoff contention in the West, with fewer wins than the 12th seed in the East. With the play-in, fans are still engaged and excited, and fewer teams are blatantly tanking... But it seems extremely rare for the commissioner to get any credit or praise for making it happen.
    A month ago Spurstalkers were a collective cliff-jump away from the end, today the consensus take is we are better than our record and one player away from contention. Great job by Adam Silver.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The play in tournament idea has been a success for Adam Silver. An extra handful of teams trying for a playoff push rather than tanking early, that's a good thing. Keeps the lower end teams and the league more interesting in the final stages of the season- definitely a plus.
    It will be a real eye opener if a tournament team beats a 7th or 8th seed and then gives the number 1 seed a run for their money or even upset the number 1 seed. Its not likely to happen but it will just be a matter of time before it somehow does. A rare idea from the NBA that actually works. The only ones that don't like the idea are the ones that think they might possibly lose to a 9th or 10th seed.

In a way I feel for the Heat, who might have to face Brooklyn with a healthy KD & Kyrie in the first round. Not much of a reward for being the #1 seed!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do too...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The first game? Yeah. Not the second one, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sort of.
    Also a burn to have an 82 game schedule reduced to one game when the higher team may really be much better in a series, but not for that one game.
    Like to see a 2 of 3. However, the one game and out is much more exciting and part of what drives the NFL and NCAA tourneys being more watchable. No blah throw away games.

Can the NBA find a middle ground? Stern Jr. talking about a mid season tourney.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Spurs chances for game 1. Give the guys a “playoff experience” somewhat.

Thread Information