Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buss a savage … and he saw an easy kill but still played in emotions to seal the deal … he a cold mother er.
    Paying for college is in the old sugar daddy playbook
    Chris Rock joked he put more strippers through college than the United Negro College Fund
    Nah man nurse is the cold mother er, getting sad old man to pay for her college for a blowjob or two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Rock joked he put more strippers through college than the United Negro College Fund

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    60% of this Apple Magic show js about his relationship with Cooki
    meh
    Tried watching Magics interview with Jimmy Kimmel about this do entary and honestly could only tolerate about 2 minutes of Magic. And that's going in expecting Magic to be a self centered . I just wanted some info on the doc, was fully prepared to put up with his act.

Besides being narcissistic what is his mental condition?
    Seriously looks and sounds like a fruit . The super fake laugh, the endless talking about himself. Kimmel was such a suck up, obviously because Kimmel was given some bit part in the doc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buss a savage … and he saw an easy kill but still played in emotions to seal the deal … he a cold mother er.
    Paying for college is in the old sugar daddy playbook
    Nah man nurse is the cold mother er, getting sad old man to pay for her college for a blowjob or two.
    You guys the nurse and Buss both came across as super cold s.

Buss' mom is portrayed as alcoholic / heavy drinker, at least appears that way.
    Show burns on Chick Hearn as being alki too wth?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought the same exact thing how the nurse played her cards right with Buss. She could sense he was an ODB who was desperate for action and was emotionally vulnerable to be taken advantage of.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Nah think y’all wrong I think that gonna come back to bite Busss ….
    Actress played it cold yes but it also didn’t look like she was in to it …
    But we will see I don’t think he had outside kids …but I think that is not a one off story
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 04-28-2022 at 12:04 AM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Come on West, any intelligent person is taking it as a loose over the top adaptation…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come on West, any intelligent person is taking it as a loose over the top adaptation…
    Yeah but the target market is Laker fans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's probably fretting because there is too much truth in there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Well played, asshole! Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well played, asshole! Lol
    Speaking of well played assholes, have you checked Magic's show on Apple TV? Is it any good?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of well played assholes, have you checked Magic's show on Apple TV? Is it any good?
    You mean the Magic - Cookie relationship show?
    it sucks

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    First two episodes are more focused on hoops last two are a love story and homage to how magic brought Starbucks and movies to the “hood” he does deserve credit for that but this was even more self serving than the Last dance at times

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First two episodes are more focused on hoops last two are a love story and homage to how magic brought Starbucks and movies to the “hood” he does deserve credit for that but this was even more self serving than the Last dance at times
    I'm watching the second episode now and this 'do entary' is such bull .

Magic saying all he did was hang out in his apartment, yeah that's how he got HIV jerking off in front of the TV

Wouldn't marry Cookie until 1991 because he cared too much about winning

I'm a huge Magic fan but what a load of crap this series is. Worth watching just for the comedic value though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm watching the second episode now and this 'do entary' is such bull .

Magic saying all he did was hang out in his apartment, yeah that's how he got HIV jerking off in front of the TV

Wouldn't marry Cookie until 1991 because he cared too much about winning

I'm a huge Magic fan but what a load of crap this series is. Worth watching just for the comedic value though.
    Also about Riles leaving the Lakers, not mentioning he was forced oit by a mutiny and Magic leaking stuff to the press
    “I was sad when he left and we cried”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also about Riles leaving the Lakers, not mentioning he was forced oit by a mutiny and Magic leaking stuff to the press
    “I was sad when he left and we cried”
    From Showtime sounded like the whole team had tuned Riley out and wanted him gone, especially after he ran them into the ground and got Scott and Magic injured for the 89 Finals. He did a similar training camp before the 87 Finals but that was a younger, better, and healthier team while 89 they seemed to be running on fumes and it was the wrong call, and really pissed hte players off.

I really don't think Magic was wrong to run Westhead early in the 81-82 season. The team gave his system a full season in 80-81 and it was disastrous not letting them run anymore and then deciding just dump it into Kareem every time like they did before Magic got there. All Westhead had to do was just use McKinney's system from 79-80. The players really seemed to like Westhead before he changed up the offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From Showtime sounded like the whole team had tuned Riley out and wanted him gone, especially after he ran them into the ground and got Scott and Magic injured for the 89 Finals. He did a similar training camp before the 87 Finals but that was a younger, better, and healthier team while 89 they seemed to be running on fumes and it was the wrong call, and really pissed hte players off.

I really don't think Magic was wrong to run Westhead early in the 81-82 season. The team gave his system a full season in 80-81 and it was disastrous not letting them run anymore and then deciding just dump it into Kareem every time like they did before Magic got there. All Westhead had to do was just use McKinney's system from 79-80. The players really seemed to like Westhead before he changed up the offense.
    Looks like communication has always been a huge problem in that franchise lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll see if i can find the link again but it had quotes including Westhead that said bull to any slowing it down notions. Kept the same run and gun that won in 80

Meh NYTimes is blocking it now. Went into detail.
    Here is a seperate blurb from UPI:
    Westhead disagreed with Buss's comment that the Lakers' running game had been slowed down by the newly implemented offense.
    'I relentlessly pursued a running game,' Westhead said. 'I am a fastbreak basketball coach.'

Ironically the Flamers won 5 games in a row under Westhead prior to Magic kicking him out.
    Last edited by MultiTroll; 04-30-2022 at 02:55 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, IRL West could not stand Norm Nixons continual puffed ego and had private eyes follow him for drug use.

Jerry West Sunk to an Unthinkable Low to Rid the Lakers of Norm Nixon (sportscasting.com)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most toxic club ever

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, IRL West could not stand Norm Nixons continual puffed ego and had private eyes follow him for drug use.

Jerry West Sunk to an Unthinkable Low to Rid the Lakers of Norm Nixon (sportscasting.com)
    Yeah that was in the Showtime book.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll see if i can find the link again but it had quotes including Westhead that said bull to any slowing it down notions. Kept the same run and gun that won in 80

Meh NYTimes is blocking it now. Went into detail.
    Here is a seperate blurb from UPI:
    Westhead disagreed with Buss's comment that the Lakers' running game had been slowed down by the newly implemented offense.
    'I relentlessly pursued a running game,' Westhead said. 'I am a fastbreak basketball coach.'

Ironically the Flamers won 5 games in a row under Westhead prior to Magic kicking him out.
    Of course Westhead isn't going to take any blame. He also said he tried to slow things down because of Magic's injury but Pearlman claims Westhead did it from the start of the season, wanting a lot of control over the offense to leave his imprint on the team so no one could say he was just rolling out the balls for McKinney's team. Said the players hated it because he tried to run a college like offense where every player had to go to a specific spot on the floor to initiate the offense. I gotta trust Pearlman's word over Westhead trying to re-write his legacy, especially since Pearlman never seemed like he took anyone's side in the Showtime book.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Interesting.

Killakobe do you or anyone you know go back that far / reviewed games to know?
    Would be interesting to know for a fact what really came down.
    ic was 2-14 in the clinching 2-1 1st round loss to Houston, wonder if that was due to Westheads purported restrictions or if ic just laid an egg and needed someone to blame.

I've watched the 81 Celts and Sixers recordings but was only interested in the Lakers as far as being eliminated. Did not view.
    I did think that 81 Houston team was pretty damn good.

Thread Information