Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aside from the debate over contract... isn't LaVine pretty much the manifestation of Lonnie's maximum ceiling?

And isn't a max ceiling Lonnie Walker something we have all dreamed and hoped for four years?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    David West left the court visibly upset after the Game 6 loss. He may have been the one to call the Warriors up for all we know, but that’s way in the past. … water under the bridge at this point.
    West took 10mm of the table to join the Spurs just to get 15 mins a game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    West took 10mm of the table to join the Spurs just to get 15 mins a game.
    Because he was bad. His awful rebounding is partly what killed them vs the Thunder that series, amongst other things.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This sounds like a goodbye tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still think he re-signs with Chicago, but that response alone definitely suggests he’s at least seriously considering other options.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good job DJ

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still think he re-signs with Chicago, but that response alone definitely suggests he’s at least seriously considering other options.
    If he's eligible for the supermax he will want to pressure the Bulls into offering it.

Even without the supermax, the Bulls can offer bigger annual raises and a 5th guaranteed year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh the tweet by DJ might not be him courting Zach, they have probably already talked behind the scenes and know that this is a done deal…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh the tweet by DJ might not be him courting Zach, they have probably already talked behind the scenes and know that this is a done deal…
    If that were the case they should trade DM on account of severe mental re ation. That's the least excusable of all scenarios. The definition of tampering, and the stupidest way of giving it away. Yikes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If that were the case they should trade DM on account of severe mental re ation. That's the least excusable of all scenarios. The definition of tampering, and the stupidest way of giving it away. Yikes.
    Sorry, what? DJ didn’t risk more or less if my speculation is accurate. It’s a tweet of Zach in a Spurs uniform with his eyeball emojis stamped on it. It could be read ten thousand ways and the NBA isn’t going to use that as evidence that DJ talked with Zach behind the scenes already, if again, my speculation is true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Zach is asked about the tweet by DJ at 11:00

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My dude, NBA players have been deciding to play with each other for decades. If you think that tweet is going to bring on tampering penalties, then I present to you the mountains of evidence that say its not.

Not that I think they've decided to play together, but y'all are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Zach is asked about the tweet by DJ at 11:00
    He handled that masterfully

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He handled that masterfully
    Homie is letting Chicago know the only acceptable offer is going to be a max.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This sounds like a goodbye tbh.

Interesting tense choices, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d be really surprised if he left Chicago for us, the bulls were cursed with injuries this year. Fully healthy they would have a chance to make some noise in the East with a few roster tweaks imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tampering. We're gonna lose draft picks.
    Lol if Klutch is allowed to operate by the nba there is literally nothing the nba will do about tampering.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lavine is a max player. Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn’t watch the NBA. He is max plus 10m if you are San Antonio. Get your heads out of your asses and realize players aren’t coming here at all via free agency let alone taking a discount.
    Murray and Vassell will be up for extensions year after next. Poeltl and Keldon are after next year. If those guys get paid market value, your core will be Whomever you draft this year in the lottery, Josh Primo, Lavine, Murray, Vassell, Keldon, and Poeltl, with very little wiggle room beyond that. Maybe one more FA MLE player..

Does that sound like championship stuff to you? Guess it depends on the development of this year's draftee, Vassell, and Primo. But I'm not sold. Maxing out Lavine, who is a very solid player undoubtedly, immediately kind of caps your ceiling. And I don't know if that's high enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, what? DJ didn’t risk more or less if my speculation is accurate. It’s a tweet of Zach in a Spurs uniform with his eyeball emojis stamped on it. It could be read ten thousand ways and the NBA isn’t going to use that as evidence that DJ talked with Zach behind the scenes already, if again, my speculation is true.
    You speculated that it's not him courting Lavine but rather him KNOWING that it's happening. I'm saying that's the one scenario were his tweet is actually dangerous, because if that ends up happening and it's proven, there will be consequences. So here's to hoping that's not the case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You speculated that it's not him courting Lavine but rather him KNOWING that it's happening. I'm saying that's the one scenario were his tweet is actually dangerous, because if that ends up happening and it's proven, there will be consequences. So here's to hoping that's not the case.
    There will be ZERO consequences (of any significance) whether it happens or not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My dude, NBA players have been deciding to play with each other for decades. If you think that tweet is going to bring on tampering penalties, then I present to you the mountains of evidence that say its not.
    The post I alluded to speculated that DM already KNOWS it's a done deal, and that would have to involve the FO. I don't think that's the case, but if it ends up happening and it's Chicago who gets the short end of the stick, Spurs won't get a pass on it as easily LeBron and the Heat (among others) have. But then again, I think this is just wishful thinking on the part of DM, so that'll be the end of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The connections to DJ and Pop make it likely like when Aldridge was deciding to first join the Spurs. Honestly, I'm all for it. But that means the Spurs absolutely have to draft a modern nba 4. I don't know what's available in the draft, but Lavine doesn't solve that issue still.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The connections to DJ and Pop make it likely like when Aldridge was deciding to first join the Spurs. Honestly, I'm all for it. But that means the Spurs absolutely have to draft a modern nba 4. I don't know what's available in the draft, but Lavine doesn't solve that issue still.
    In essence we'd have 4 SFs, with Lavine, Vassell, Johnson, and Primo. Too crowded. Someone would have to go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In essence we'd have 4 SFs, with Lavine, Vassell, Johnson, and Primo. Too crowded. Someone would have to go.
    No Lavine, primo and vassell are all guards with sf potential. Vassell and Primo still need to hit the weight room. Johnson is almost strictly a 4 now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray and Vassell will be up for extensions year after next. Poeltl and Keldon are after next year. If those guys get paid market value, your core will be Whomever you draft this year in the lottery, Josh Primo, Lavine, Murray, Vassell, Keldon, and Poeltl, with very little wiggle room beyond that. Maybe one more FA MLE player..

Does that sound like championship stuff to you? Guess it depends on the development of this year's draftee, Vassell, and Primo. But I'm not sold. Maxing out Lavine, who is a very solid player undoubtedly, immediately kind of caps your ceiling. And I don't know if that's high enough.
    Vassell’s extension would kick in the year after DJ. This timeline is too far out to be considering Vassell, Primo etc. who says they will even be worth extending?

The NBA is a very fluid league. You can’t have 3-5 year plans that is ridiculous. You have the chance to add a max free agent who would be a seamless fit with Murray. If you can get it done do it and keep plugging away.

Primo and Vassell are after thoughts when you are talking about all-nba talent. They are both likely to be career backup/role players.

Thread Information