Page 35 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope, I'm with you on this. For me it's Boston before Milwaukee before Miami. I don't really care for Philly because of Harden and Doc, but would be soehw happy for Green. I would be ok with Memphis winning it all and couldn't care less if Dallas or Phoenix wuold win it all. the Warriors though.
    I’d love for Memphis to win it all tbh but they have no chance.

I’m surprised more Spurs fans can’t get behind Memphis. That organization does so much right. The Grindhouse is an authentic iden y of blue collar hard work sprinkled with some swag/nasty.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Memphis. Dillon Brooks is hard to root for, however. He seems like he has problems. But he’s a part of their swagger.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Memphis. Dillon Brooks is hard to root for, however. He seems like he has problems. But he’s a part of their swagger.
    I find both Memphis and Minny too young and stupid to pull for.
    Last edited by exstatic; 05-09-2022 at 04:55 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Encouraged that Memphis record is better without Ja.

Any team but Warriors by far and secondly Suns.

Embiid, man if that guy stayed healthy who knows what would have come down the last 3 years. But with Coc Rivers, meh no way. Imagine healthy Embiid Sixers and a good coach.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Encouraged that Memphis record is better without Ja.

Any team but Warriors by far and secondly Suns.

Embiid, man if that guy stayed healthy who knows what would have come down the last 3 years. But with Coc Rivers, meh no way. Imagine healthy Embiid Sixers and a good coach.
    That might have been true of the regular season, but the grizzlies have been absolutely trash when Jah sits against the warriors. Bane is obviously hurt and it’s killing them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That might have been true of the regular season, but the grizzlies have been absolutely trash when Jah sits against the warriors. Bane is obviously hurt and it’s killing them.
    Yep, it's possible to win regular season games against different teams every night without your best player, but doing it in the playoffs going against the Warriors and Warriorefs who are looking poised for a Finals run....that's a different animal right there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder what the shipping cost is on an MVP trophy. Bc Jokic should pay whatever the amount it costs to ship that thing over to either Giannis or Embiid. He gets to choose but it shouldn't stay with him.

All year long I've had to hear how amazing it was for Jokic to have his team in the playoffs without his best teammates. Milwaukee would be fighting for the playin tournament without Giannis. With him, they are the favorites to win the East. The 76ers without Embiid are on the verge of being swept, but with him they are going to backdoor sweep the Heat. even Luka has the same ty ass teammates as Jokic, but he has them looking like all stars bc he just keeps getting them open look after open look. Everyone on the Suns is literally just watching Luka on defense, it's embarrassing to watch how often they lose track of their man bc they are watching Luka dribble.

There needs to be a rule that the 6th seed isn't valuable and losing 4-1 in the playoffs isn't valuable and while Jokic is a very good player, this year he didn't elevate his team to a high enough standard to warrant an MVP. Being the 11th seed without him and the 6th seed with him shouldn't mean the dude is the MVP of the whole ing league. This guy is now contemporaries with Tim Duncan and will have a case of being ranked higher than DRob on the all-time centers list. He's the best passing big man ever, he carried his team to the 6th seed! He has the number 1 PER for a season of all time and twice as many MVPs. Jokic is already better than Robinson

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know but i have to something to hope for.
    Another Warrior * le would be insufferable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder what the shipping cost is on an MVP trophy. Bc Jokic should pay whatever the amount it costs to ship that thing over to either Giannis or Embiid. He gets to choose but it shouldn't stay with him.

All year long I've had to hear how amazing it was for Jokic to have his team in the playoffs without his best teammates. Milwaukee would be fighting for the playin tournament without Giannis. With him, they are the favorites to win the East. The 76ers without Embiid are on the verge of being swept, but with him they are going to backdoor sweep the Heat. even Luka has the same ty ass teammates as Jokic, but he has them looking like all stars bc he just keeps getting them open look after open look. Everyone on the Suns is literally just watching Luka on defense, it's embarrassing to watch how often they lose track of their man bc they are watching Luka dribble.

There needs to be a rule that the 6th seed isn't valuable and losing 4-1 in the playoffs isn't valuable and while Jokic is a very good player, this year he didn't elevate his team to a high enough standard to warrant an MVP. Being the 11th seed without him and the 6th seed with him shouldn't mean the dude is the MVP of the whole ing league. This guy is now contemporaries with Tim Duncan and will have a case of being ranked higher than DRob on the all-time centers list. He's the best passing big man ever, he carried his team to the 6th seed! He has the number 1 PER for a season of all time and twice as many MVPs. Jokic is already better than Robinson
    All were deserving. Also it’s a regular season award and without Joker the Nuggets are a bottom 5 team.

Regardless, I blame Pop for calling him the new Larry Bird.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d love for Memphis to win it all tbh but they have no chance.

I’m surprised more Spurs fans can’t get behind Memphis. That organization does so much right. The Grindhouse is an authentic iden y of blue collar hard work sprinkled with some swag/nasty.
    Glad to see you appreciate them. They have been my favorite for 3 years now. It’s just so deflating to have a (likely) end to the season come in without seeing what they could have done with Ja healthy.

I think that’s the worst feeling as a fan. As bad as it to lose, that’s nothing compared to not being able to compete at their best bc of an injury to a star player. I think all fandoms at one point or another go through this and it always sucks.

Player injuries in the playoffs are just the worst.

In contrast I totally get Embiid coming back to play and at least it’s a feel-good story that his team took advantage of that and didn’t waste his effort.

Edit: and yea that include the Kawhi injury in 2017 but so many others, to other teams as well. It just sucks. Warriors got their turn the past few years too, but they were due.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 05-09-2022 at 02:40 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad to see you appreciate them. They have been my favorite for 3 years now. It’s just so deflating to have a (likely) end to the season come in without seeing what they could have done with Ja healthy.

I think that’s the worst feeling as a fan. As bad as it to lose, that’s nothing compared to not being able to compete at their best bc of an injury to a star player. I think all fandoms at one point or another go through this and it always sucks.

Player injuries in the playoffs are just the worst.

In contrast I totally get Embiid coming back to play and at least it’s a feel-good story that his team took advantage of that and didn’t waste his effort.

Edit: and yea that include the Kawhi injury in 2017 but so many others, to other teams as well. It just sucks. Warriors got their turn the past few years too, but they were due.
    i warned ya

grizz makes stupid plays + warriors will be GIFTED one or two games = impossible to win series

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tyrese is good but the Spurs didn't another 6'2 guard they already have a bunch of guards. It really comes down to do you think he will be better than Dejounte Murray since we already have Dejounte as a PG?

he's not a PG he's an SG and all the Spurs have drafted the past 2 years is wings

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's not a PG he's an SG and all the Spurs have drafted the past 2 years is wings
    I think I was the only one on Maxey Island leading up to the draft. The fit is/was a concern. But he brings a needed skill: he gets into the lane constantly. He has a great floater. That would immediately be helpful. In a what if scenario, I wanted to trade back to try and somehow get Maxey and Jaden McDaniel. Would I rather have gotten those two? Yes. Was it possible? Probably not.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If the only reason to get the award is to have ty teammates, why not give the 2018 award to D'angelo Russell. He also got his team to the 6th place with Joe Harris as his second option. Lol... Doncic is clearly the most valuable player to his team and even got a better record than Jokic. I can see why Embiid is a good choice, but he did get Harden, so at least some help was there. Anyway, i think Embiid gets it next year, just cause i see a lot of people thinking he was robbed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sucks that it's more luck for the Warriors, but the Grizzlies were never winning this series anyway. My hope was that they could push them and extend it enough to take something out of them for the Suns.

Veteran CP3 is very admirable until he reminds you of his b!tch made ways. He is just as bad as Harden baiting fouls and crying to the ref. He is an intelligently dirty player so watching him take himself out of the game with boneheaded craftsmanship is entertaining. He didn’t even argue as he knew he was in the wrong on most of those calls.
    Like I said, I get it. I'm just saying, the bit of bad seems to obscure the lot of good for many, which I don't get.

I'll tell you who gets a free pass for similar antics and being one of the worst playoff performers of at least this generation: Lowry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sucks that it's more luck for the Warriors, but the Grizzlies were never winning this series anyway. My hope was that they could push them and extend it enough to take something out of them for the Suns.

Like I said, I get it. I'm just saying, the bit of bad seems to obscure the lot of good for many, which I don't get.

I'll tell you who gets a free pass for similar antics and being one of the worst playoff performers of at least this generation: Lowry.
    Yeah Lowry is similar. That contract was always baffling especially for a relatively astute organization as the Heat.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So he's basically an undersize SG at 6'2. Spurs are already undersized across the board except for Center and now SG since Devon is the starting SG.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So he's basically an undersize SG at 6'2. Spurs are already undersized across the board except for Center and now SG since Devon is the starting SG.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My word, that Grayson dude looks just like Ted freakin Cruz. I can’t un-see that now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My word, that Grayson dude looks just like Ted freakin Cruz. I can’t un-see that now.
    And they both intend to kill you and your kids.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Horford is balling right now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good for White and the Cs with a deep playoff run

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White sonned Holiday twice in that fourth quarter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    have the Dubs ever won a series after the first round without the other team losing one of their top 3 players to injury?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know but i have to something to hope for.
    Another Warrior * le would be insufferable.
    Agree the most insufferable organization from owners to coaches to players to fans. All of them are trashy and insufferable.

Thread Information