Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Spurs crush an absolutely horrid Everton.

Spurs just allowed Everton to have the ball and then counter attacked relentlessly.
    Could have been 8-0. Everton was really never a threat with the ball. Spurs defenders literally ran at them after giving Everton territory to spread the field long to counter attack into.
    Spurs were not the slightest bit worried about sending player full bore at Everton players with the ball even at the risk of being totally faked out and giving the Everton players a run.

I have not seen a game this bizarre in a while. Everton finally gave up and retreated to their half of the field letting Spurs have the ball which resulted in the Spurs just passing the ball around till the game ended. Lampard was devastated by that display. Everton loses against every EPL team and championship level team with that display. I cant imagine being an Everton fan after that abomination.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Ronaldo hat trick! fantastic ability to score all kinds of goals. His trickiest shot was saved when he tried to side foot with good power into the goal but Lloris who seemed to slip which actually helped him save the ball by keeping his position instead of moving wide.
    This all being said Ronaldo is not the answer for MU.

MU up 2-1 in the second half and Lindeloff gets up off the bench to replace Ronaldo at about 60 min. I’m thinking that’s the move as Ronaldo has stopped running and is just pointing at other players to move on defense like a coach who walks onto the field like a 12th player. He is done. If you are going to point for teammates to move to shut something down the fckn run yourself how about? Goodbye.

BUT!!

This malaise leads to Spur chances in which they cannot produce until MacGuire own goals yet another good cross by Spurs. Now it’s 2-2. MU NEEDS to score again so they now leave Ronaldo in. So now that Ronaldo has had a good rest he makes a fantastic header above and riding on the back of an opponent on the way down. Super athletic for a 37 yo who really needs to be off for defensive purposes. Cavani when brought on runs around like a mad man pressing as a forward while Ronaldo goes back to walking around. Finally they pull Ronaldo off at 87 m and go on to win on Ronaldo’s 3 goals!

He is a fantastic scorer but the lack of even running on defense is a joke. Just pointing at places while walking…? He plays like a basketball player who stands at the offensive end of the court waiting for his next fantastic dunk.

Anyways he is a circus of a player but needs to go to a team who can actually play without a defensive player because MU cannot for a whole season. I can’t see this MU team making the champions league with this kind of player, they are not good enough. Maybe Ronaldo can get another gig at PSG so he can walk around with Messi and they can still get a CL spot.

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    This should be interesting.
    there are a few Liverpool players who need to be moved possibly including Virgil as he is not the player he once was.
    They may need to try some of their younger players and pick up some young promising players possibly building back again.
    I could see Klopp going for this. New challenge.

The really interesting EPL quandary is Chelsea because Abhromovich is no longer allowed to party in the free world and has lost too much $
    Got rich along with Putin, he now goes down with Putin. I think I read he is one of the oligarchs pretty tight with Putin so no threat of leaving or trying to get rid of Putin. I would like more info on this.

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    Late season surge by Spurs who are on fire

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Late season surge by Spurs who are on fire
    Two players added and start almost immediately and have had a huge effect.

Rodrigo Bentancur and Dejan Kulusveski, midfielder and forward wing midfielder respectively.
    Along with the defense getting a later transfer off of injury. This would be Christian Romero.

They actually beat a very in form Aston Villa team away today.
    Along with Arsenal injuries, and Manchester United absolutely falling apart, the timing is incredible.
    They still have Liverpool and Arsenal to play. But the schedule is doable.
    Tottenham has also been lucky with lack of injuries. If Son or Kane go down, its over.
    Kane is having an absolutely incredible season without scoring many goals. The Conte system brings him back to the ball where he has unleashed some absolutely incredible passes to Son and Kulusveski. The flick on header to Son was absolute brilliance today. His vertical long ball pass is the best.

Kane is the best passing forward in the world at the moment imo. This part of his game has become so incredibly good with either foot. My fear is some big team with a Mbappe or Haahland see what he has done with Son and swipe him away. Again, Conte has to be given credit utilizing his players properly within a system that works for these players because they are not close to as talented as MU, Arsenal, Liverpool and of course MC. And on defense Kane is a monster on header defense. Very useful player for maybe 3 more years barring injury to his torn up ankles.

*I also wonder once the EPL teams figure out the two winter pickups (mentioned above), can they stay effective?

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Brentford smashing Chelsea and Westham in b2b matches

The Eriksen effect

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    City vs Liverpool 2:2

So no team could break up on the top of the table. Good result for Liverpool that was visiting, but still City keeps the 1 point advantage.

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Brentford smashing Chelsea and Westham in b2b matches

The Eriksen effect
    Chelsea got taken apart by Crystal Palace BEFORE the loss to Real Madrid. Crystal Palace and Madrid made them look horrible.
    They are all over the place. Maybe the change in ownership to come and contracts has them all turned around.

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    City vs Liverpool 2:2

So no team could break up on the top of the table. Good result for Liverpool that was visiting, but still City keeps the 1 point advantage.
    That was a fun game. DeBrunye was fantastic. Salah made some absolutely fantastic passes. He can find players not even in his field of view.
    The Sterling offsides goal…? I do not know the rules for which body parts make a player offsides… So many different interpretations…

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    That was a fun game. DeBrunye was fantastic. Salah made some absolutely fantastic passes. He can find players not even in his field of view.
    The Sterling offsides goal…? I do not know the rules for which body parts make a player offsides… So many different interpretations…
    Ah the classic armpit hair offside
    they need to update the ruling tbh

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Jota. Diaz and soon Carvalho

Liverpool's board has been doing an amazing job, great business with players that add depth and fit the team like a glove

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    Spurs to champions league unless they loss to the green scrubs and Arsenal beat Everton

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Spurs to champions league unless they loss to the green scrubs and Arsenal beat Everton
    And that can happen.
    Tottenham has had some horrendous failures in the past.
    But lets hope Tottenham gets in and keeps Harry and Conte. They need buying $ bad as well.
    Wingers who can play D and beat someone and cross the damn ball. And a CM... And depth.

They got very lucky with injuries this year AND, dropped out of all the other tournaments fairly early so they could concentrate on EPL games.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    The Saints suck

Liverpool played their B team on the road and still won

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    The Saints suck

Liverpool played their B team on the road and still won
    Aston Villa have zero to play for.
    This is the time of year you dont want to play a team that has some reason to give a top team trouble.
    Like Newcastle last game home in front of huge crowd under new ownership. They are not better than Arsenal but they played twice as hard.
    It was an absolutely pitiful effort from Arsenal. They are still wet behind the ears. They have and will get talent. but too young, no leadership.

Spurs fans never feel comfortable with any game. Its their culture, scared to win. Maybe Conte can change it. If, he stays.

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    Spurs to gulp Champions League

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Gerrard tiing on his former team

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Bald fraud got lucky

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Bald fraud got lucky
    Still carried Pessi

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    "Winning EPL is more difficult than UCL"

Settle down Pep

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Bald fraud got lucky
    Lucky 4 out of the last 5 years...

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count

Settle down Pep
    From the standpoint of luck the UCL is easier simply because it requires fewer games to win.
    The Tottenham Hotspurs got to the finals of the UCL... and it was luck. You have to have things go in your favor.
    The EPL is indeed a grind in years like this if you actually have a team as good as Klopp's Liverpool chasing you.

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Tottenham top Four baby!

Now Conte probably leaves.
    "I have done all I can do with this type of team and ownership" (He says in his mind)

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

Settle down Pep
    For an English club it is, less rest between matches because of the league’s calendar

Thread Information