We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Enjoy the game discussion. Fun weekend ahead for me. Heading to Austin for the LSU-Texas game on Saturday, and will be back home in the dome for Saints-Texans on Monday.

The coverage maps should be out later today. I'll try and post them when they come out.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Enjoy the game discussion. Fun weekend ahead for me. Heading to Austin for the LSU-Texas game on Saturday, and will be back home in the dome for Saints-Texans on Monday.

The coverage maps should be out later today. I'll try and post them when they come out.
    Those should be great games. LSU-Texas could be nuts.

Looking forward to kicking off the NFL with Bears/Packers.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Those should be great games. LSU-Texas could be nuts.

Looking forward to kicking off the NFL with Bears/Packers.
    Bend over, I'll show you nuts.

Looking forward to is as well. I have Aaron Rodgers in both of my FF leagues. Tough freaking matchup to start the season.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    raiders opening on monday night again...

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    September 8, 2019

All listings are unofficial and subject to change. Check back often for updates.

NATIONAL BROADCASTS
    Thursday Night: Green Bay @ Chicago (NBC)
    Sunday Night: Pittsburgh @ New England (NBC)
    Monday Night: Houston @ New Orleans; Denver @ Oakland (ESPN)

CBS SINGLE
    Anchorage
    Fairbanks
    Honolulu

Tennessee @ Cleveland
    Jim Nantz, Tony Romo

Kansas City @ Jacksonville
    Ian Eagle, Dan Fouts

Buffalo @ NY Jets
    Kevin Harlan, Rich Gannon

Baltimore @ Miami
    Andrew Catalon, James Lofton

Indianapolis @ LA Chargers (LATE)
    Greg Gumbel, Trent Green

Cincinnati @ Seattle (LATE)
    Spero Dedes, Adam Archuleta

FOX EARLY Anchorage
    Fairbanks
    Honolulu

Washington @ Philadelphia
    Kevin Burkhardt, Charles Davis

Atlanta @ Minnesota
    Thom Brennaman, Chris Spielman

LA Rams @ Carolina
    Chris Myers, Daryl Johnston

NO GAME due to blackout enforced by home team on CBS

FOX LATE Anchorage
    Fairbanks
    Honolulu

NY Giants @ Dallas
    Joe Buck, Troy Aikman

San Francisco @ Tampa Bay
    Kenny Albert, Ronde Barber

Detroit @ Arizona
    Stockton, Mark Schlereth

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    (0-0-0)

Week 1 Pick'Ems

GB @ CHI. Close game, but the Bears at home get GB back for last year.
    LAR @ CAR. Rams ram their way to victory in Charlotte with Newton still a little banged up. Goff excited about new money.
    WAS @ PHI. Carson Wentz starts off his 2019 MVP regular season with a bang.
    BUF @ NYJ. Could go either way. Neither will compete in 2019.
    TEN @ CLE. Browns finally win a season and home opener.
    BAL @ MIA. At home, Early Season Fitzmagic reigns supreme in the sultry sauna conditions.
    ATL @ MIN. One of those home-and-aways.
    KC @ JAX. Mahomes embarrasses Jacksonville's overrated defense once again.
    IND @ LAC. No Luck, no luck for the Colts in 2019. Chargers start strong season with a bang at home. Clipper Nation is reeled back in.
    CIN @ SEA. Seattle starts their 2019 campaign off with a bang at home against a hapless bottom-AFC fodder.
    NYG @ DAL. Zeke will play after all, and the Giants aren't prepared for this avalanche. Giants are worse at every position group. Should be a blowout.
    SF @ TB. 49ers start their sneaky-good season with a victory against a hapless Tampa team who will need to draft quarterback in 2020.
    DET @ AZ. Could go either way as Stafford is overdue for a sneaky-good winning season; but Kingsbury could get his first win very early here.
    PIT @ NE. Steelers aren't completely hapless, but their best 2 players are gone, so look for a roughly 8-8 season this year. Welcome to 2012/2013.

HOU @ NO. This shouldn't even be a contest, but the Saints tend to struggle early in September, so it may be closer than you'd expect.
    DEN @ OAK.Wouldn't be shocked if the Raiders won at home, but I think Denver has a solid 3rd place team this year. AFC surprise in 2019.
    Last edited by Millennial_Messiah; 09-04-2019 at 02:09 PM.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Packers 20
    Bears 23

Falcons 24
    Vikings 27

Rams 31
    Panthers 13

Redskins 17
    Eagles 27

Bills 17
    Jets 16

ans 20
    Browns 26

Ravens 24
    Dolphins 6

Chiefs 20
    Jags 17

Colts 14
    Chargers 38

Bengals 20
    Seahawks 23

Giants 10
    Cowboys 30

49ers 23
    Bucs 24

Lions 27
    Cardinals 13

Steelers 20
    Patriots 30

Texans 24
    Saints 38

Broncos 10
    Raiders 17

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    So does Melvin Gordon get the contract now that Zeke did?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Feeling much better about the offense with the addition of Tunsil, Stills and Johnson. If this WR corps can stay healthy(a big if) then they are arguably the best in the league. Hopkins, Stills, Coutee and Fuller? Someone is going to be open every play...and then you have Johnson who is a great pass catching back. I think they lose to the Saints as they will be motivated after the debacle in the playoffs but it will be close. 35-31 or some like that.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Feeling much better about the offense with the addition of Tunsil, Stills and Johnson. If this WR corps can stay healthy(a big if) then they are arguably the best in the league. Hopkins, Stills, Coutee and Fuller? Someone is going to be open every play...and then you have Johnson who is a great pass catching back. I think they lose to the Saints as they will be motivated after the debacle in the playoffs but it will be close. 35-31 or some like that.
    Stills is a one trick pony and a rather poor man's one at that. Johnson is a good 3rd and 5 type scatback, but who is the RB1? Hyde I guess? OLine is still a big problem at all the other positions besides LT now.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Stills is a one trick pony and a rather poor man's one at that. Johnson is a good 3rd and 5 type scatback, but who is the RB1? Hyde I guess? OLine is still a big problem at all the other positions besides LT now.
    Once again, you're wrong because you only equate what you see with reality.

Stills has good separation on intermediate and short routes. He's actually a pretty complete receiver. He just wasn't used that way in Miami. If Coutee goes down, he'd be able to fill that spot as well as for Fuller.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Once again, you're wrong because you only equate what you see with reality.

Stills has good separation on intermediate and short routes. He's actually a pretty complete receiver. He just wasn't used that way in Miami. If Coutee goes down, he'd be able to fill that spot as well as for Fuller.
    I saw chunks of Miami games last year. Stills was primarily used on the outside because he was only the 3rd best "separator" on short and intermediate routes behind Albert Wilson and Jakeem Grant, who both excelled in the slot. I guess that's why he's not on the team, since Parker is still the X receiver.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    So does Melvin Gordon get the contract now that Zeke did?
    i didnt think jerry would cave for zeke, but he did, so i've been wrong before.

but i sincerely doubt the chargers cave. they told the guy they're not negotiating anymore and he's free to look for trades ... and the only offer that we've heard about so far was the eagles offering jordan howard and a midround pick swap

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    i didnt think jerry would cave for zeke, but he did, so i've been wrong before.

but i sincerely doubt the chargers cave. they told the guy they're not negotiating anymore and he's free to look for trades ... and the only offer that we've heard about so far was the eagles offering jordan howard and a midround pick swap
    The problem with the Eagles offer is that it included the Chargers eating his dead money cap hit. If the Eagles offered to hit that they would have probably accepted, but the Eagles are tight against the cap as well.

I don't think Ekeler is a RB1 (more of a scatback) so Jackson will be getting a lot of those inside snaps, but also they're a passing team so they will continue to pass more and use the short game with Allen, Henry etc to their advantage.

I do feel bad for Gordon as he was in Gurley's draft class but landed in a much less RB-friendly system. Knowing the Spanos family, the Chargers will not likely pay Gordon which is smart I guess. He'll be a beast elsewhere.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I saw chunks of Miami games last year. Stills was primarily used on the outside because he was only the 3rd best "separator" on short and intermediate routes behind Albert Wilson and Jakeem Grant, who both excelled in the slot. I guess that's why he's not on the team, since Parker is still the X receiver.
    My point being that that your tag of Stills being a "one trick pony" is incorrect. And Stills actually had a better success rate than Wilson on most routes. Include short and medium routes.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    My point being that that your tag of Stills being a "one trick pony" is incorrect. And Stills actually had a better success rate than Wilson on most routes. Include short and medium routes.
    I get your point, but still can't forget watching that game where Wilson single handedly brought them back from 14 down midway through the 4th quarter to win the game against the #1 defense in the NFL. All Tannehill or whoever had to do was throw him a 5 yard in route, he took like 3 different ones to the house.

Could Stills do that? I don't think so. The play that sticks in my mind about Stills is when they had a chance to beat the Seahawks in Seattle and he dropped a wiiiiiiide open breakway TD. Hit him square in both hands.

I don't think Stills is an upgrade over Fuller, honestly. Is Fuller healthy in week 1? Shouldn't matter since they play the Saints in NOLA. But Fuller is still WR2, I guess Stills could play slot. He has more pedigree than Coutee. Thankfully they didn't ask for Parker because he wouldn't have a role there.

Watson is a middle tier QB but better than anything Stills has had since he left the Saints.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I get your point, but still can't forget watching that game where Wilson single handedly brought them back from 14 down midway through the 4th quarter to win the game against the #1 defense in the NFL. All Tannehill or whoever had to do was throw him a 5 yard in route, he took like 3 different ones to the house.

Could Stills do that? I don't think so. The play that sticks in my mind about Stills is when they had a chance to beat the Seahawks in Seattle and he dropped a wiiiiiiide open breakway TD. Hit him square in both hands.

I don't think Stills is an upgrade over Fuller, honestly. Is Fuller healthy in week 1? Shouldn't matter since they play the Saints in NOLA. But Fuller is still WR2, I guess Stills could play slot. He has more pedigree than Coutee. Thankfully they didn't ask for Parker because he wouldn't have a role there.

Watson is a middle tier QB but better than anything Stills has had since he left the Saints.
    The bold is my real point.

All kidding aside, you tend to categorize players and teams based on your limited watching of them. And then purport your opinions to be facts.
    You need to fix that. Maybe word differently. Or fact check yourself. With all the information on the internet, there's no reason you should be so wrong so much of the time.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

All kidding aside, you tend to categorize players and teams based on your limited watching of them. And then purport your opinions to be facts.
    You need to fix that. Maybe word differently. Or fact check yourself. With all the information on the internet, there's no reason you should be so wrong so much of the time.
    I don't watch all 4 quarters of 16 Miami games per year. I'll watch bits and pieces and chunks, especially down the stretch of an interesting game between any two teams, but my browser can only support so many streams (usually 3-4 at a time) before they all crash. Those usually-irrelevant AFC teams don't really interest me enough to keep me tuned in for 4 quarters. But I do know Stills has issues with drops.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

his takes are always shallow oversimplifications stated as absolute fact

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    Good Luck Robz4000

I'm rooting for you guys. God forbid the Buccaneers go 8-8 or 7-9 this year and entertain the idea of signing Winston long term. We need a 3-13 kinda year tbh.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Good Luck Robz4000

I'm rooting for you guys. God forbid the Buccaneers go 8-8 or 7-9 this year and entertain the idea of signing Winston long term. We need a 3-13 kinda year tbh.
    Appreciate it my dude. If the Niners can't tank into Lawrence next year I hope y'all can.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Good Luck Robz4000

Well you're in luck because I have the Bucs going 2-14 this year and picking #1 overall. Their 2 wins coming from away at Jacksonville and home vs a mediocre Falcons squad in Week 17.

Appreciate it my dude. If the Niners can't tank into Lawrence next year I hope y'all can.
    Barring another JG injury early in the season like last year, 49ers should be in the running for the playoffs every year for awhile now, so why would they entertain tanking?

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Well you're in luck because I have the Bucs going 2-14 this year and picking #1 overall. Their 2 wins coming from away at Jacksonville and home vs a mediocre Falcons squad in Week 17.

Barring another JG injury early in the season like last year, 49ers should be in the running for the playoffs every year for awhile now, so why would they entertain tanking?
    If they don't make it this year they absolutely should tank next year.

Thread Information