Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bill did you say something? I was slightly distracted by that young lady's ass covered in flour presumably. Flour power!

I hope you can see it. A great one indeed. They'll at least be a lot of highlights to watch.
    Flour power. Cooking class is fun.

I've been reviewing the Lonnie moments (WOW!) and the Harden dunk issue. Later, hope to watch the whole game somewhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    can shoot and have range, why is this clown playing behind ballhogs and IB kent?

he should be playing alongside white, just like KL/GREEN/SIMMONS tandem...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Flour power. Cooking class is fun.

I've been reviewing the Lonnie moments (WOW!) and the Harden dunk issue. Later, hope to watch the whole game somewhere.
    Do yourself a favor and skip the third q...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the Record... Pop was right. He wasn't ready. The day he was ready I posted to FKLA. There was no cover up. Early in the season he hadn't found his peace. No matter what your philosophy is about playing time all that matters is he has arrived.

Y'all act like he was ready for this the whole season. He wasn't. He is now.He said it himself the "non compe ive" talk motivated him. He ain't soft. He got that superstar mentality. He was born for this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not only did Walker expose Pop, but he's also exposing a lot of spurstalkers lack of basketball knowledge. Comparing Walker's game to Austin Daye and Malik Rose lmao. Posts like this one are hilarious:

it was great to see him doing that ... but lets just calm down ... how many players have scored 30 on the Spurs on an occasional night and never did anything else after that

lets just hope he does not crash down to earth like murray
    Murray can't shoot, so it's pretty clear that as scouting reports adjust his numbers go down. All you need to do is sag off of him and he becomes ineffective on offense. He also got iffy handles so pressure him when he runs in transition and he'll turn it over. None of that works against Walker. He's just too physically gifted to be able to stop him, he can get his shot off against anybody and is faster than most NBA players and jumps higher than most. There's no way to stop his offense.

Bull . He wasn't playing as the Spurs went to 7-14. We knew in the preseason he was ready. Pop nut sac eaters gonna still say he's not ready when he gets benched again too.
    now this is right on the money. He was the best player in Summer League and his shot looked really good. It was clear this will transition to the NBA well since he has elite athleticism and speed. It was just a matter of adjusting to the tougher compe ion, being in the right spot and getting used to overall NBA play and physicality/refereeing.

When he played defense on Harden in preseason it was also clear that he's a good defender. What he had to learn was again, NBA play. Refereeing and team defense. Being in the right spot and rotating.

You know how you learn those things? By playing games. Parking him on the bench for Belinelli won't help him improve. I said at the beginning of the season he can do what Donovan Mitc did in his first season, which is score 20 points per game on 45% or better shooting. Now with Pop being the coach I thought it would most likely be about 10 points per game in 20 minutes. Let's hope we can get that going forward. I'd like to see him average close to 30 minutes per game. Pop needs to have him handle the ball more and put him in the pick & roll. Kid is elite and scoring coming of screens. The reason he was never able to show it was cause he's out there deferring trying to move the ball
    Last edited by RC_Drunkford; 12-04-2019 at 09:08 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    shades of the Kawhi's game against Houston in 2017 where he nailed the 3 and then blocked Harden on the other end. Eubanks throwing his hands behind his head reminded me of Manu's reaction back then. Rockets fans must have nightmares playing the Spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmfao so many armchair coaches on this site. Dont quit your day job for your absurd dream of winning championships in the NBA with your "high thought" analysis of how to handle players...because what you write on this forum would easily transfer over to real life.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think DeRozan gets traded. Remember, we still have Keldon Johnson playing in the G-league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do yourself a favor and skip the third q...
    Will do!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think DeRozan gets traded. Remember, we still have Keldon Johnson playing in the G-league.
    Hopefully. I would much rather we trade DD than LMA (though the ideal is getting rid of the 2); not only are we much thinner on bigs than guards, but DD's ISO and mid-range game completely halts our offensive momentum, and he can't defend a broken traffic cone to save his life. LMA at least tries on defense and has been slowly adding a 3ball to his game. Getting a pick or two out of DeMar, then running a White-DJ-LW-Lyles-LMA starting unit would be a sight to behold. We'd probably still miss the playoffs as the young guys develop, which is icing on the cake - pick a SF or C in the lottery and we're set.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have to see him do the same against teams that actually give a about the defensive end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I called him a potential star half a year ago. ME
    it wasn’t just you who did that A few of us did. Lol.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know how you learn those things? By playing games.
    BAM! Should shut down a bunch of other threads and condense them into those two sentences.

If the kid's not ready, get him ready. You can't get him ready on the ing bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BAM! Should shut down a bunch of other threads and condense them into those two sentences.

If the kid's not ready, get him ready. You can't get him ready on the ing bench.
    If benching a player is so good for him, there's this player named Belinelli who needs improvement.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the Record... Pop was right. He wasn't ready. The day he was ready I posted to FKLA. There was no cover up. Early in the season he hadn't found his peace. No matter what your philosophy is about playing time all that matters is he has arrived.

Y'all act like he was ready for this the whole season. He wasn't. He is now.He said it himself the "non compe ive" talk motivated him. He ain't soft. He got that superstar mentality. He was born for this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't get him ready on the ing bench.
    Then what was this? Where was he getting ready for this breakout performance?

He shied away from the task when he first faced Kawhi.

Pop pulled him. If anything, Pop sees something great in him and wants him battling the greats.
    Starting on the defensive end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone got a link to the whole game? Many thanks in advance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then what was this? Where was he getting ready for this breakout performance?

He shied away from the task when he first faced Kawhi.

Pop pulled him. If anything, Pop sees something great in him and wants him battling the greats.
    Starting on the defensive end.
    that does not mean he has to let him sit out games and then start playing him when the record is 7-14. He could've easily let him play every game off the bench, then when he makes a mistake bench him for his pet Belinelli. Then let him play again the next game or next half. That would've done the job too. If Aldridge wasn't out, who knows if Pop even gives Lonnie minutes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone got a link to the whole game? Many thanks in advance.
    just google NBA replay and pick a site. That's how I watched it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought so at the time he took the shot - that form is textbook.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully. I would much rather we trade DD than LMA (though the ideal is getting rid of the 2); not only are we much thinner on bigs than guards, but DD's ISO and mid-range game completely halts our offensive momentum, and he can't defend a broken traffic cone to save his life. LMA at least tries on defense and has been slowly adding a 3ball to his game. Getting a pick or two out of DeMar, then running a White-DJ-LW-Lyles-LMA starting unit would be a sight to behold. We'd probably still miss the playoffs as the young guys develop, which is icing on the cake - pick a SF or C in the lottery and we're set.
    Trade Dumbmar for a big and then trade LMA for a SF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just google NBA replay and pick a site. That's how I watched it
    Thanks. I'll do that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We've also had breakout games from White and Murray.

Does Lonnie have the mentality required to keep a similar effort consistent?
    It's more up to Pop not to with his psyche like he did with White and Murray, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW, we all know a letdown game is coming up next. Hopefully that doesn't give Pop the excuse to take him out of the rotation once again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where do the Spurs go from here? Does he usurp White/Forbes in the starting lineup or does Pop just play him off the bench.
    Play him off the bench--that's his role--be a disrupter on defense and scorer on offense--him and murray can be deadly coming off the bench

Thread Information