Page 153 of 164 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,825 of 4088
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brian Windhorst just now on ESPN says he’s hearing that the Blazers are no longer shopping the 7th pick and are now targeting Shaedon Sharpe at that pick. Sounds like he has a promise from Portland, which would make sense since he just canceled his work out with the Wizards at #10.
    Par for the course. Portland is attracted to guys with issues. As awful as the Swanigan story is, he had obvious eating issues, and allegedly a drug problem. Nassir Little was allegedly arrested while at UNC for coke possession and rolled on his boys to get his record expunged.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"Damian Lillard is said to be high on [Shaedon] Sharpe's talent, despite Sharpe being 12 years younger and seemingly on a completely different timetable from Lillard." - Jonathan Givony

“He worked out for the Trailblazers (and the Pacers) and I believe he was supposed to work out for the Pelicans, but that workout was canceled. There’s people that believe he might have gotten a promise.” - Chris B. Haynes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think Shaedon to Portland is a done deal. And sounds like the rumors of Indy being high on Mathurin are true.

A Halliburton/Mathurin backcourt is a great building block for the Pacers imo, who are about clean house and start a total rebuild. If they trade Turner and Brogdon for draft picks and draft well, they could have a bright future.
    Last edited by BatManu20; 06-21-2022 at 03:24 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand what the Blazers (and Lillard) are doing.

A Mathurin-Haliburton backcourt makes the Pacers watchable. I do think Mathurin is a bit overrated right now, but his potential is high.

If this sort of shakes out:

1. Orlando - Jabari Smith
    2. OKC - Holmgren
    3. Houston - Banchero
    4. Sacramento - Keegan Murray
    5. Detroit - Ivey
    6. Indiana - Mathurin
    7. Portland - Sharpe
    8. New Orleans - ???
    9. San Antonio - ???

It seems like Dyson Daniels is the right pick for the Pelicans, but who knows. This leaves the Spurs with a wide range of ways to go with the 9th, Sochan, Duren, Davis, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Z Lowe podcast just said teams are calling about DJ and DJ just tweeted out eyes emoji....fwiw

he may take this down because he is prone to impulsive tweeting he then regrets but he's obviously watching what's going down. Last summer there were rumors that the Spurs were open to trades for both DJ and White but that they wanted a lot. More than one first round pick. That turned out to be true with regards to what they wanted for White. I think the trade asking price for DJ went up, but Spurs may keep getting these kinds of inquiries bc their situation is so fluid and DJ wants to contend for championships, said publicly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

A Mathurin-Haliburton backcourt makes the Pacers watchable. I do think Mathurin is a bit overrated right now, but his potential is high.

2. OKC - Holmgren
    3. Houston - Banchero
    5. Detroit - Ivey
    6. Indiana - Mathurin
    7. Portland - Sharpe
    8. New Orleans - ???
    9. San Antonio - ???

It seems like Dyson Daniels is the right pick for the Pelicans, but who knows. This leaves the Spurs with a wide range of ways to go with the 9th, Sochan, Duren, Davis, etc.
    Pels would take either Daniels or Davis at that point imo.

And for now I’m sticking with my prediction that we take Sochan, unless Daniels is available at 9. Then I think it’s a coin-flip but might lean Daniels, who was my original pick for us before I switched to Sochan simply because I figured Daniels would be gone by the time we were on the clock.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They wouldn't take Duren and Chet, right?
    That would make a twin towers combo for OKC... They have the 12... Duren doesn't make it there, bc if they don't trade up to grab him.... TA-DA!!! Spurs grab him. Now they can do whatever with him, flip him for assets they like or keep. I am all for keep, but strategically taking Duren at 9 is a great move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pels would take either Daniels or Davis at that point imo.

And for now I’m sticking with my prediction that we take Sochan, unless Daniels is available at 9. Then I think it’s a coin-flip but might lean Daniels, who was my original pick for us before I switched to Sochan simply because I figure Daniels would be gone by the time we were on the clock.
    Or, NO could trade back if no one jumps out at them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, let the guy showcase himself in Portland and give teammates their litthe shine. Good news if hes' top 8.
    I have to give you props JPB, this line was top of the crop in making me laugh out loud!!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If this sort shakes out:

2. OKC - Holmgren
    3. Houston - Banchero
    5. Detroit - Ivey
    6. Indiana - Mathurin
    7. Portland - Sharpe
    8. New Orleans - ???
    9. San Antonio - ???

That is if no team trades up (incliding spurs) but yeah I like the choice they'd have which should shrink to Duren and Sochan (if he's actually still there, which I'm not sure of)

Duren remains finally my guy, I would have picked Sochan over him on a vacuum but there's something about Duren's intensity and energy that I really like.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Jabari
    2. Chet
    3. Paulo
    4. Keegan
    5. Ivey
    6. Mathurin
    7. Sharpe
    8. ?
    9. ?

That leaves Davis, Duren, Daniels, Sochan, and Griffin between the Pelicans and the Spurs. And of course. Wildcard out of left field lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would make a twin towers combo for OKC... They have the 12... Duren doesn't make it there, bc if they don't trade up to grab him.... TA-DA!!! Spurs grab him. Now they can do whatever with him, flip him for assets they like or keep. I am all for keep, but strategically taking Duren at 9 is a great move.
    That might also loosen CHA's grip on their pick(s) for Jak.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

2. OKC - Holmgren
    3. Houston - Banchero
    5. Detroit - Ivey
    6. Indiana - Mathurin
    7. Portland - Sharpe
    8. New Orleans - ???
    9. San Antonio - ???

I like how this shakes out regardless. If the Spurs lose out on trading up to get a guy they really want in the Top-5, Sochan/Duren/Daniels all provide a relatively high floor with significant upside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That might also loosen CHA's grip on their pick(s) for Jak.
    I think there's a very good chance neither M. Williams nor Duren are available for them... if the Spurs pick Duren (or Williams). I see the NYK and possibly WAS being in the market for a big.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Jabari
    2. Chet
    3. Paulo
    4. Keegan
    5. Ivey
    6. Mathurin
    7. Sharpe
    8. ?
    9. ?

That leaves Davis, Duren, Daniels, Sochan, and Griffin between the Pelicans and the Spurs. And of course. Wildcard out of left field lol
    Right. Agbaji incoming... should've seen the Bill Self ties all along.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right. Agbaji incoming... should've seen the Bill Self ties all along.
    Doubtful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agbaji has been rumored to be a target for Cleveland at 14 for weeks now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or, NO could trade back if no one jumps out at them.
    Yes you reminded me there are other avenues to trade for him. Him not revealing who he was worked out for IMO even implies that he knows there are possible trade scenarios in play for him and so he has been specifically advised to keep things secret.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doubtful.

Yeah I was half-kidding, doubling down on the "wild card" comment. Maybe not Agbaji, but one of the Williams (Jalen or Mark), Dieng or Branham wouldn't surprise either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think Shaedon to Portland is a done deal. And sounds like the rumors of Indy being high on Mathurin are true.

A Halliburton/Mathurin backcourt is a great building block for the Pacers imo, who are about clean house and start a total rebuild. If they trade Turner and Brogdon for draft picks and draft well, they could have a bright future.
    Yup, and I'm a proponent of Carlisle's influence on a young team. he'll have them playing well sooner than later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brian Windhorst just now on ESPN says he’s hearing that the Blazers are no longer shopping the 7th pick and are now targeting Shaedon Sharpe at that pick. Sounds like he has a promise from Portland, which would make sense since he just canceled his work out with the Wizards at #10.
    He had a secret workout with Washington

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speculation or actual reporting?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn’t see that. He also cancelled his workout with New Orleans at 8.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've never been the greatest fan of Duren, but that is a very smart move. I think he'll be one of the hottest commodities for teams picking below 9, because many of them have a glaring hole at C (like OKC & Charlotte) and will be extremely happy if he falls into their lap. Taking him and having them come at your feet offering their picks + assets (12 + whatever, 13 + 15) would give us a lot of options, or we could keep Duren and further explore trades involving Poeltl.

Thread Information