Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's really hard to judge exact measurements from photos-- there are too many variables.
    Look at the first pic here: https://dancingwithnoah.com/tag/brandon-clarke/

Zion actually measured a 1" advantage in standing reach over Clarke, but looking at this photo you'd think that Brandon clearly had an advantage of at least a few inches.
    Sometimes we use photos because it's the only thing we have. This is because historically NBA teams have not been updating the heights of these players. I do hope this has changed though as someone mentioned here. I would say the most reliable kinds of photos are ones where they're clearly standing next to each other at the same distance from the camera. The one in your photo... that's tough.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's really hard to judge exact measurements from photos-- there are too many variables.
    Look at the first pic here: https://dancingwithnoah.com/tag/brandon-clarke/

Zion actually measured a 1" advantage in standing reach over Clarke, but looking at this photo you'd think that Brandon clearly had an advantage of at least a few inches.
    Someone tell Chinook not to read that article cause it’s going to cause him to go into depression and ruin his Thanksgiving. Lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    training camp? da fook training camp doesnt star until oct 1

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please say ur joking

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please say ur joking
    He’s obviously referring to 2021!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That 33 for Jones looks weird af to me for some reason. I guess I've been spoiled by all of the single digit jerseys as of late.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That 33 for Jones looks weird af to me for some reason. I guess I've been spoiled by all of the single digit jerseys as of late.
    But the 24 doesn't bother you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But the 24 doesn't bother you?
    Not really.. I view Vassell as a SF. It's our guards, outside of Q, that have single digits. That's what made Tre's number stick out to me. Nothing major either way, just an observation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really.. I view Vassell as a SF. It's our guards, outside of Q, that have single digits. That's what made Tre's number stick out to me. Nothing major either way, just an observation.
    Right arm homie!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Worked pretty well for Antonio Daniels, tbh.

It is an odd number for a PG, though. I actually can't think of a point guard in the NBA who has worn #33 since Antonio Daniels.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    33 still reminds me of Cadillac Anderson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's pretty insane that the season starts in less than a month!

Could be a blessing in disguise if there's no G League and Pop feels more compelled to give Vassell minutes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are short of a #2, else we can run out a line up of #1 to #5.

Tim to Tony to Manu! bdictjames's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't Richard Jefferson wear #24? I'm not sure if he did.. for the Spurs. Interesting number choice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, RJ had the 24. Hopefully we'll have some more pleasant memories connected to that number soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So much unwarranted optimism on this thread while fact FO failed again and kept Spurs mediocre instead of taking a chance. Nothing to see here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So much unwarranted optimism on this thread while fact FO failed again and kept Spurs mediocre instead of taking a chance. Nothing to see here.
    The stakes are mediocre, maybe get they get to the play in (fun) or bottom out and commit To youth and get another lottery pick (fun,)

It's honestly the best time to be a spurs fan because the stakes are so low.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cheer up, we got rid of Forbes, take the win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cheer up, we got rid of Forbes, take the win.
    This is the salient truth in a sea of mediocrity

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you know specifically if anything that was on the table? Confirmed offers that is.

I’m definitely disappointed and really wanted to see something happen but it doesn’t make sense to move that much money for nothing.

Let’s say either of our two highest players were only bringing back mediocre role players, bad contracts(which we know wouldn’t be an upgrade of talent) or a late 1st round pic partnered with bad contracts.

Those 3 things aren’t better than simply letting them play out the year and losing them.

A late first with bad contracts isn’t worth it.

Bad contracts with lessor talent tethers us to more stagnant years.

Even a decent role player or group of decent role players isn’t worth it because you’re not moving the needle. They’ll soak up time from our youth and again saddle us with less leverage moving forward.

It sucks but making a bad move simply to make a move is stupid and the exact kind of thing that keeps crappy teams crappy.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are short of a #2, else we can run out a line up of #1 to #5.
    The easiest path to that would be Poeltl changing to #2. The others are all guards and wings.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you know specifically if anything that was on the table? Confirmed offers that is.

I’m definitely disappointed and really wanted to see something happen but it doesn’t make sense to move that much money for nothing.

Let’s say either of our two highest players were only bringing back mediocre role players, bad contracts(which we know wouldn’t be an upgrade of talent) or a late 1st round pic partnered with bad contracts.

Those 3 things aren’t better than simply letting them play out the year and losing them.

A late first with bad contracts isn’t worth it.

Bad contracts with lessor talent tethers us to more stagnant years.

Even a decent role player or group of decent role players isn’t worth it because you’re not moving the needle. They’ll soak up time from our youth and again saddle us with less leverage moving forward.

It sucks but making a bad move simply to make a move is stupid and the exact kind of thing that keeps crappy teams crappy.
    Agree which is why maybe the Spurs didn’t do any deals as of yet. I am still crossing my fingers that a team will see a legit chance of winning and work out a trade that helps both teams meaning we might take a one year bad contract but get a potential mid range fist pick - I am looking at teams that have 2 first round picks in 2021. Also, maybe a second rounder for Gay or Mills and taking back someone we can release after season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The easiest path to that would be Poeltl changing to #2. The others are all guards and wings.
    2 is a SG

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

tbh

Thread Information