Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's the Catch a Falling Knife metaphor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless you think we can win now, which is a not likely scenario : 2018 holdout, 2019 will have lingering animosity.

There was always a sense that the LENARD alridge core had a limit and that kathi would be traded when that core passed. It just sucks we lost the two best years if that core due to injury and hold out. Rationally on paper, bringing back kawhi is the best choice, but realistically the odds of Kawhi b full effort are slim

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you buy their methodology your aim should be a bidding war between between Boston and Philly and get one to blink with Tatum or Simmons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you buy their methodology your aim should be a bidding war between between Boston and Philly and get one to blink with Tatum or Simmons.
    i dont see either doing that

but if fultz/saric/covington/first are on the table for kawhi/patty or something, i'd take that

and im more inclined to take the celtics deal if they also facilitate a hayward/gasol swap as part of the deal. we get a (very expensive) B+ player to help fill kawhi's void while also getting some young talent

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

but if fultz/saric/covington/first are on the table for kawhi/patty or something, i'd take that

and im more inclined to take the celtics deal if they also facilitate a hayward/gasol swap as part of the deal. we get a (very expensive) B+ player to help fill kawhi's void while also getting some young talent
    Just take Covington out of the deal, he's a nobody.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see how they can classify KL as a borderline all-star.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's a good player, and you have him under contract for 4 years. kawhi for fultz/saric/picks wont work with the salaries. you throw in patty and convington and it works out, though

besides, you want patty out the door. you want to find minutes for Fultz, Murray, White, and Walker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s nothing special but still an asset

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's a good player, and you have him under contract for 4 years. kawhi for fultz/saric/picks wont work with the salaries. you throw in patty and convington and it works out, though

besides, you want patty out the door. you want to find minutes for Fultz, Murray, White, and Walker
    PHI will have cap space...shouldn’t HAVE to match salaries. Whether PHI is ok with that is another thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His contract is a boat anchor. He's got like 4/$47M left, and he's never had a full season PER of 15, the league average. I'd only take him in the LeBron scenario, where they need the cap room and give up Simmons to clear Covington's stinker deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I would come on Covington but exstatic already did the work for me in the other thread.

Yeah, the only way I take Covington's horrible deal is if Simmons comes with it. He's flat awful. He has three SEASONS where he shot less than 40% OVERALL from the field. Only in his 7 game debut season with Houston did he have a season where his PER was even league average 15.0. He has like 4/$47M left to be paid. DO NOT WANT.
    Also you don't need to match salaries since Philly has a boatload of capspace. No reason to take their crap for our gold.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His contract is a boat anchor. He's got like 4/$47M left, and he's never had a full season PER of 15, the league average. I'd only take him in the LeBron scenario, where they need the cap room and give up Simmons to clear Covington's stinker deal.
    He’s like a Danny. Danny never been a PER star but we all know his value. He’s not great and definitely overrated some but he’s an asset and good Danny replacement

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s like a Danny. Danny never been a PER star but we all know his value. He’s not great and definitely overrated some but he’s an asset and good Danny replacement
    Danny Green is useless in a full rebuild.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny Green is useless in a full rebuild.
    This isn’t a rebuild. SA won 47 games. Swap Rudy & Mills (since Kawhi wasn’t there anyways) with Fultz, Saric, Covington, Lonnie & Zhaire? SA is better while rebuilding.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny Green is useless.

Fixed it for you sir...

actually, before all this bologna with Uncle Dennis, I was afraid of Kawhi Leonard being injury prone and made of glass. I agree if some dumbass GM gives you a good offer, then take it. I hope its some ty place like Detroit, where that moron can toil next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let it play out. Teams make bad trades all the time, especially teams looking to win now. This is ideal, you have two rivals with the ability to send you back a package of attractive assets including a young star. Simmons and Tatum are redundant if their current team traded for Leonard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see how they can classify KL as a borderline all-star.
    He doesn't dress well enough to be considered a top tier player.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like Marcus Bryant gonna have to fire up det oooollll No Limit Tank. Afta det one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard's group has perhaps solved a vexing problem for the Spurs, how to move a franchise player when he's close to the point of his career when his contract value will start to exceed the value of his play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol PER

thats an outdated stat and it has always skewed towards rewarding volume offensive players.

complementary pieces like bowen, battier, convington, danny have never graded out well in PER

but covington grades out well in impact stats. his RPM was #1 last year among small forwards. #1 in DRPM, and #11 in ORPM.

he also grades out well in box plus minus, VORP, and win share numbers. his on/off numbers are also great on both sides of the ball. he'll be 27 at the start of the season and you'll control him through is prime at a danny green rate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you look at the trend they show, it is based historically on their past 2 years and likely on age/usage. Last season his usage went way down and his injury skewed the data since he only played a few games and not at peak efficiency. To extrapolate that his production will fall off a cliff doesn't take into account his Camp says he's 100%

Compare Kawhi's graph with someone about as good (maybe better since Kawhi got hurt), Anthony Davis.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...anthony-davis/

His confidence interval is basically 0-100, and breaks the prediction scheme entirely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    During these times you cannot listing to a ing thing most media outlets say because they are interested in seeing these players stack on large market teams. They will always come up with reasons for good players to leave great teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesn't dress well enough to be considered a top tier player.

I don't know. I'd dress Franklin in that if it was offered in GTA V.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I look to FiveThirtyEight for insight as well MB but sometimes they’re way off bro
    http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/...tion-forecast/

Thread Information