Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tanking is as flawed as advanced metrics. Advanced metrics don't matter and doesn't win and just look at Philly. "The Process" is one of the most over rated things in all of sports the last decade. They whiffed more than they won with their draft picks and now went the route of trying to build a superteam but traded for a malcontent team killer in Butler.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SAD

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The idea is getting a future franchise player, but if the best player of this draft is that Dejuan Blair 2.0 that I've seen some clips of, let's just try to keep the playoffs streak going.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The idea is getting a future franchise player, but if the best player of this draft is that Dejuan Blair 2.0 that I've seen some clips of, let's just try to keep the playoffs streak going.
    who?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That 6'6" PF that can't shoot but monkeballs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That 6'6" PF that can't shoot but monkeballs.
    if you're talking about Zion he's very good, some people are just hoping for it to fail for some random reason

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    if you're talking about Zion he's very good, some people are just rooting for him to fail for some random reason
    No surprise the biggest White semen shielder on spurstalk has an atrocious take like this tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No reason try to tank, this team just might be that bad.
    /thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need a Spurs version of this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if you're talking about Zion he's very good, some people are just hoping for it to fail for some random reason
    I've never seen him play, I'm just going by his characteristics: an undersized bigman that is known more for his athletic abilities than his skills. That screams bust all around, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No nba player will be able to guard Zion when he reaches 23 y/o. He's going to destroy the defenses

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've never seen him play, I'm just going by his characteristics: an undersized bigman that is known more for his athletic abilities than his skills. That screams bust all around, tbh.
    He is skilled for a 18 year old. He's shorter than your average big man, but hes stronger and faster more athletic. I didn't know having a tall stiff is better according to you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hybrid rich man dray + randle or maybe shaw kemp, if he gets into the nba today, he would already be one of the most physically imposing 5-10 players in the league (he's really an aberration), it's except shooting (for now), he does everything else at the elite level, it's impossible to go wrong

No nba player will be able to guard Zion when he reaches 23 y/o. He's going to destroy the defenses
    with the current rules I do not think he can be defended even in his rookie year, he will go to the free throw line so many times, is not even funny

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is skilled for a 18 year old. He's shorter than your average big man, but hes stronger and faster more athletic. I didn't know having a tall stiff is better according to you.
    Yeah, size matters in basketball. Also, if you could shoot or pass or do anything more than just jumping over people, that would be great too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tanking must be organic not a conscious choice.

It's zen.

You do it when you don't do it.
    Last edited by Russ; 11-29-2018 at 02:20 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing good comes out of Duke. Everything is broken or has baggage. Name one franchise changing player in the last 15 years to come from Duke? Kyrie? Traded, hurt, retiring possibly already?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's 6'7 and nearly 300 lbs. That's the "prize" of this draft. Bust potential in the NBA is massive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Iv always hated people jumping on the tank too soon and wanting to blow up the team...

However i'm starting to come around to the idea of tanking this season. I want to see how they do with the next 10 or so games. If they can gel and get a good winning streak going, win at least 7 of the next 10 games i feel they should keep trying to push for the playoffs. But if they keep slipping after the next 10 games then i think it would probably be best for next season to do a mini tank. Reason being is that the spurs are not a bad team, they have been ravaged by injury's and last years drama. By mini tank i mean don't blow up the team. Keep your strong players and move players that are redundant for some 3D wings.

Tanking will give Walker and the rest of our young core all the playing time they needs in the NBA to get a feel for the pro game and they will be experienced by next year. Add also that we will get DJ back next year (he could still have a break out year!) and add a lottery draft pick and the spurs will have a nice mix of experienced vets and leadership with a healthy amount of youth. They with the right draft pick and the correct trades the Spurs could very well be contenders by next year.

Perhaps this was Pops plan all along? Would explain the strange construction of the team. He wont do a full on obvious tank, but he can make holes in the roster that can create a stealth tank! He knows this is the only way, they need to suck this year so they can be great next year and retire with a bang! lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information