Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, the culture is not just dead, but moldering in the grave. I expressed concerns about that even during Tim's last season. But now they will have to start from scratch. They have to start with an entire new regime - one that can hopefully retain some connection with the great heritage of the Spurs while setting a fresh new course. They need Bud (and possibly Sean Marks) desperately, but I cannot imagine either of those guys returning to this corpse. They need a great - as well as - charismatic new leader to resurrect and re-brand the corpse. Until then the maggots will feed.
    Philly is struggling, and Embiid supposedly asked out. If that happens, I can't imagine Bret Brown being retained. He would be a good "get".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Philly is struggling, and Embiid supposedly asked out. If that happens, I can't imagine Bret Brown being retained. He would be a good "get".
    Embiid didn't ask out, but do you know who would increase the chances of landing him dramatically? Bill Self...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course Bud would be first choice, but Bret would be next in line, perhaps.

I hadn't heard that Embiid asked out...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Nick Nurse Says hi

Nick Nurse DOING SINCE KAWHI LEFT
    Nick Nurse DOING WITH CANADA NATIONAL TEAM
    Nick Nurse HAS THE RAPS ON 15 GAME WIN STREAK WITH MANY INJURIES
    Nick Nurse GIVES A

I've said it before pop has nothing to appease but his OWN AESTHETIC about LIFE, Politics, Food, Wine and HOW BASKETBALL NEEDS TO BE PLAYED.
    Those not jibbing with aesthetic in the San Antonio Town, don't last long.

“But but but who you gonna get to replace Pop?”

Pop wasn’t a HOF Head Coach Pop when he first got hired. He was just a guy that had some experience. The dude almost got fired with Tim and David on his team!!

Nick Nurse is a perfect example of a young hungry head coach that can immediately make an impact.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Nick Nurse had Carroll on his team this year, He would have found him playing time. /THREAD
    All these dudes on here all the time saying, “Well then who you gonna get? Who who who? I want names. Give me names.”

The point is, you don’t have to replace a HOF coach with another HOF. It’s just time for Pop to go because he’s gone stale and is defiantly not putting the best team on the floor because he answers to no one.

Everyone gets old, it’s not a crime. But when it starts hurting the product on the floor, it’s time for a change. Get someone who wants to win. If he doesn’t work, move on to the the next guy.
    Last edited by UZER; 02-12-2020 at 09:10 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All these dudes on here all the time saying, “Well then who you gonna get? Who who who? I want names. Give me names.”

The point is, you don’t have to replace a HOF coach with another HOF? It’s just time for Pop to go because he’s gone stale and is defiantly not putting the best team on the floor because he answers to no one.

Everyone gets old, it’s not a crime. But when it starts hurting the product on the floor, it’s time for a change. Get someone who wants to win. If he doesn’t work, move on to the the next guy.
    I don't follow other teams closely enough to make any recommendations, however, I agree that somewhere in the basketball universe there are some HOF coaches in the making. The Spurs need to do their homework, identify somebody who looks like a winner awaiting the opportunity and give the guy the opportunity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Nick Nurse Says hi

Nick Nurse GIVES A

I've said it before pop has nothing to appease but his OWN AESTHETIC about LIFE, Politics, Food, Wine and HOW BASKETBALL NEEDS TO BE PLAYED.
    Wow. I had forgotten about this. Yup they are doing pretty fine after both Kawhi and Danny left. May not win a le but they are fine. Plus credit to their FO as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pop wasn’t a HOF Head Coach Pop when he first got hired. He was just a guy that had some experience. The dude almost got fired with Tim and David on his team!!

Nick Nurse is a perfect example of a young hungry head coach that can immediately make an impact.
    Plus, I don't want to spoil them bc I like them, but the Grizzlies coach is 35 years old and has the youngest team in the league playoff bound if they continue current trajectory. Credit to their FO as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Grizzlies coach was the coach in Austin when they won their 1st G League le in 2012. If Brown is let go because the 76ers under perform in the playoffs, scoop him up. Allow Pop to walk, if he won't then show him the door. Move Becky to HC, Brown takes 2nd chair, move Ahern up from Austin, and then ask permission of Milwaukee to hire Chad Forcier back to SA. Let Hardy find another job, I'm not impressed with him. Allow TD to go back to helping at the facility with player development.

Brent Berry becomes President of player personnel. My first act would be to let Wright walk, victim of wrong place wrong time. I'd try to hire Trajon Langdon as my GM. But if I cant, I look at the assistant GM's of Miami, OKC, Utah, Denver, and Toronto. Find the best one and make an offer.

There is room to maneuver if you make plans and communicate with the right people. Miami remade its team from something that people thought would barely make the playoffs into a real threat to be in the EC Finals with no outstanding draft pick and firmly in cap . They drafted smart, found unexpected cheap FA G League talent, developed home grown players, made smart trades. And don't tell me Pat Riley has more to prove then Pop ... Pop has lost his edge. He lost it with the confetti falling on him as he sat alone rubbing his head on the bench after they won the le in 2014.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cant find a coach to replace pop? the bar for pop now is 38wins..u telling some noob coach cant match that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Grizzlies coach was the coach in Austin when they won their 1st G League le in 2012. If Brown is let go because the 76ers under perform in the playoffs, scoop him up. Allow Pop to walk, if he won't then show him the door. Move Becky to HC, Brown takes 2nd chair, move Ahern up from Austin, and then ask permission of Milwaukee to hire Chad Forcier back to SA. Let Hardy find another job, I'm not impressed with him. Allow TD to go back to helping at the facility with player development.

Brent Berry becomes President of player personnel. My first act would be to let Wright walk, victim of wrong place wrong time. I'd try to hire Trajon Langdon as my GM. But if I cant, I look at the assistant GM's of Miami, OKC, Utah, Denver, and Toronto. Find the best one and make an offer.

There is room to maneuver if you make plans and communicate with the right people. Miami remade its team from something that people thought would barely make the playoffs into a real threat to be in the EC Finals with no outstanding draft pick and firmly in cap . They drafted smart, found unexpected cheap FA G League talent, developed home grown players, made smart trades. And don't tell me Pat Riley has more to prove then Pop ... Pop has lost his edge. He lost it with the confetti falling on him as he sat alone rubbing his head on the bench after they won the le in 2014.
    Doubt Forcier would leave Milwaukee for this dumpster fire. But I agree especially with Miami and OKC being good places to look for FO talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bret Brown isn’t coming back to sit second chair. He’s an experienced NBA HC, and if he’s let go, will be paid out over his remaining contract. That will allow him time to look for a HC gig.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking about Popovich subs utes, any other season Spurs had the answer at home. Except this season. I don't see Hammon as a Head Coach yet. I'd rather sign an experienced NBA coach with some Spurs roots.

Brett Brown is not great IMO. I never liked his job with Australian NT, nor his Sixers team.

There are plenty of good coaches in the league and outside the league. Surely Spurs can find a good candidate, I believe the San Antonio Spurs Spurs is a much more attractive club for coaches than what it is for players. Culture matters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking about Popovich subs utes, any other season Spurs had the answer at home. Except this season. I don't see Hammon as a Head Coach yet. I'd rather sign an experienced NBA coach with some Spurs roots.

Brett Brown is not great IMO. I never liked his job with Australian NT, nor his Sixers team.

There are plenty of good coaches in the league and outside the league. Surely Spurs can find a good candidate, I believe the San Antonio Spurs Spurs is a much more attractive club for coaches than what it is for players. Culture matters.
    I think the Spurs would be happy to be where Philly is now. With their 'process' that took five years and the incineration of their franchise, their expectations are a bit higher than ours.

Just curious what you expected from the AU NT, a medal? That was never going to happen. Many other countries have far more NBA players than AU. If you're really looking for an under performing team, look no further than our northern neighbor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For underperforming teams he doesn't have to go too far. He can just look at the Spurs or the USA NT over the summer. The wheels came off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    would never cheer against the US in the Olympics but silver lining to us losing would be for the world to see what a fraudulent POS poop is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    would never cheer against the US in the Olympics but silver lining to us losing would be for the world to see what a fraudulent POS poop is
    I think many are seeing that now. This spurs team is awful and has established (media wise) players like DDR and LMA. So the narrative on pop has collapsed. The olympics would just be another data point.

when pop comes back and coaches next year it will just seal his fate. All next season the media will be like wth

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this team was coached by committee it would have five more wins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Senile and stubborn coach is an understatement

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Nick Nurse Says hi

Nick Nurse GIVES A

In this genized/player "empowerment" era, "systems" are a thing of the past. It's all about personnel.

You think the latest great white hope Nurse had a "system" last year? They too played ISO ball with S bag because at the highest levels, that's how this sport works. The best players dictate the terms and the coaches are glorified bystanders.

Nurse is the latest flavor of the month, great white hope media creation (since he buddied up to some of the big wigs, which helped his unethical ass steal Casey's job).

Every time some team that plays the media game rises to prominence, they crown them and brainwash the gullible masses into thinking they've discovered some secret sauce, when the truth is the majority of this is luck.

There's no greater example than them. They've fall ass backwards into an athletic, 3 and D wing/guard loaded roster, that has good chemistry and has become greater than the sum of their parts. He's the lucky beneficiary of not having to make difficult (offense/defense, big/small) decisions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when will some of you guys take responsibility for not having a backup hobby besides watching a basketball team? On yall tbh, you had a good 20 years to prepare that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah it's got to be frustrating to just sit there even though he is collecting a check for nothing. i'd be pissed too knowing i could help out but never really getting any burn as a vet.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand why you would sign him if there were guys ahead of him in the rotation. He literally can't play garbage time too when he's active. Truly pathetic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None of y’all have coached an NBA team. Pop knows all and all his ways are supreme. In fact, he is a supreme being. Carroll deserves to rot on the bench because Pop says so.

Thread Information