Page 29 of 82 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Over the passed 365 days:

Lakers traded for Anthony Davis
    Clippers signed kawhi and traded for Paul George
    Rockets traded for Westbrook(although some would say it was a lateral move)
    Mavericks traded for kristaps porzingis
    Utah traded for Mike conley
    OKC traded for Chris paul, SGA and gallonari
    Portland traded for Whiteside
    Phoenix signed Ricky Rubio and traded for Kelly oubre(this was a little bit outside the 365 day window)
    Denver traded for jerami Grant and is using Michael Porter jr effectively and letting him grow.

All these teams in the west have made moves to bolster their chances of competing in the west. While all San Antonio has done during this time was sign demarre Carroll, whom pop has not even cared to use. They did at least try with signing Morris but it backfired in his face
    Those teams have more pieces than the Spurs do. They have not made any big trades because they don't have the pieces. They likely could have traded for Westbrook if OKC took Aldridge or DeMar or CP3 if Houston wanted DeMar, but that's it.

I don't see a trade out there that makes the Spurs significantly better this season. That's not to say they shouldn't be looking at trading players, they absolutely should.

I also hope they try and get something for DeMar instead of letting him walk if they don't resign him.

There's no star player out there the Spurs can trade for to come in and bring us back to a championship.

Spurs lack of moves over the years except for Kawhi trade and LMA signing, coming back to bite them in the butt.
    The Morris deal and trading Bertans for nothing was so embarrassing for the Spurs franchise.

OKC is not going to trade CP3 now, their record is to good and Spurs need to think what they can do to turn this thing around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if Detroit would take Marco for Derrick Rose.
    Why would Detroit do that? You don't think they could do better than Marco?

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and dumb ass people like you keep wanting to trade for players who are worse than the ones we already have. If Drummond was so good why has Detroit sucked with him on the roster. Lauri Markennen who you want to trade for has been injured every year he's been in the league. The only trade the Spurs need to execute to make this team better is to try and trade for a young player headed for restricted free agency. They should try to trade for Bogdanovic or Beasley. You're a dumb ass who suggested that they could get Thybulle for belinelli!!!!
    we suck with ddr and lma...drummond is younger and more perspective.
    i proposed bogdanovic so ur friends laughed at me lol
    its obvious ,u dumb, that they wont ever do a beli-thybulle swap and i dont mention about it anywhere. I meant to do a package with belli for a pachage with thybulle... u so stupid dude

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we suck with ddr and lma...drummond is younger and more perspective.
    i proposed bogdanovic so ur friends laughed at me lol
    its obvious ,u dumb, that they wont ever do a beli-thybulle swap and i dont mention about it anywhere. I meant to do a package with belli for a pachage with thybulle... u so stupid dude

contenders u say? maybe philla? id love to somehow get mattise thybulle

Now this is what you suggested earlier implying a Marco for thybulle swap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because it probably means more than 12-15 minutes for Walker if they let Marco go.
    fair point

Thybulle would be great in Austin

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

magic word my friend "somehow" - it suggests that belli wouldnt be enough to do the trade and u need to think about packaging players to SOMEHOW bring thybulle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs wanted Thybulle then they could've had him. Puka caught their eye instead.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Over the passed 365 days:

Lakers traded for Anthony Davis
    Clippers signed kawhi and traded for Paul George
    Rockets traded for Westbrook(although some would say it was a lateral move)
    Mavericks traded for kristaps porzingis
    Utah traded for Mike conley
    OKC traded for Chris paul, SGA and gallonari
    Portland traded for Whiteside
    Phoenix signed Ricky Rubio and traded for Kelly oubre(this was a little bit outside the 365 day window)
    Denver traded for jerami Grant and is using Michael Porter jr effectively and letting him grow.

All these teams in the west have made moves to bolster their chances of competing in the west. While all San Antonio has done during this time was sign demarre Carroll, whom pop has not even cared to use. They did at least try with signing Morris but it backfired in his face
    And how have those moves worked out for the majority of those teams?

- Whiteside...
    - ok so suns moved up to 10th from 15th
    - Denver DRAFTED Porter
    - OKC wasn’t tying to be good now
    - Love Connolly, but Jazz have played better w/o him; he’s not the reason they’re decent
    - did the Rockets really upgrade?

I’ll give you the LA Tamperers, and Dallas (Maybe). Are, we sure Dallas being better is really about the 7’3” floor spacer, or just Donic and Carlisle being good at their jobs?

Also, F you Marcus Morris...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs wanted Thybulle then they could've had him. Puka caught their eye instead.
    Meh, i like Thyblle but he’s got a LONG way to go on offense. And that’s not that great for a 4 year college kid coming to league at 22.

Luka was the exact type of move you make at 19. Low risk high reward/swing for fences. Also, how many 19th picks are still in the league anyway?

For my money, the spurs executed the picking part of the last draft very well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And how have those moves worked out for the majority of those teams?

- Whiteside...
    - ok so suns moved up to 10th from 15th
    - Denver DRAFTED Porter
    - OKC wasn’t tying to be good now
    - Love Connolly, but Jazz have played better w/o him; he’s not the reason they’re decent
    - did the Rockets really upgrade?

I’ll give you the LA Tamperers, and Dallas (Maybe). Are, we sure Dallas being better is really about the 7’3” floor spacer, or just Donic and Carlisle being good at their jobs?

Also, F you Marcus Morris...
    Just to add, Cuban really did ruin Dirk's last 8 or so years. After their 2011 le run, he pretty much gutted to the team to make a run for, I think it was Dwight. And it never ventured. He then make desperate attempts by maxing Wes/Parsons/Barnes and going after Jordan. And time and time again, it was a missed playoff after another. It took 3 seasons of lotteries to finally get a world-class player. Then they took a risk of a 7ft3 injury plague player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, the idea of "building around" guys is pretty much pointless. They should be trying to be the best team they can without trading away their best prospects and picks. They don't have a franchise player, but teams really haven't had luck tanking for those anyway. If you're a bad team who drafts a good player, you're more likely to suck or be mediocre for years even with that player and end up losing them than turn into a contender.
    Every path is highly unlikely to yield true championship contention, but picking near the top (or bottom, depending on how you view it) for a few years is still the best path to finding the most important piece. Do that and you at least have a roadmap and historically about 7 years before that player wants out.

If hoping to stumble into a franchise player in the late lottery/mid round made sense, the rest of the league wouldn't be trying so hard to avoid it.

Look at the most promising young cores in the league, then look where those teams mostly drafted those players.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    They wouldn't. Spurs could have had Rose though on the cheap I read a rumor he wanted to sign here but they passed. Likely passed on him due to injuries but he seems to be doing well on the hardwood these days so in hindsight kind of silly.

I wouldn't give up to much for Rose in a trade because you never know if those injuries will flare up again. I hope he stays healthy though the rest of his career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read on realgm that Detroit is looking for a first round lottery pick for Rose. They certainly think they could do better than Marco of that is true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    agree but spurs dont even try to get these lottery picks and thats the problem.
    You have an inside source on this?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read on realgm that Detroit is looking for a first round lottery pick for Rose. They certainly think they could do better than Marco of that is true.

Thats too much for a 10+ year vet playing on a lotto bound team ... Detroit won't get that. Maybe a late 1st if they are lucky

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Spurs make a trade it better be for a wing/defender not a PG....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Look at the most promising young cores in the league, then look where those teams mostly drafted those players.
    Name them so it can be broken down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats too much for a 10+ year vet playing on a lotto bound team ... Detroit won't get that. Maybe a late 1st if they are lucky
    Totally agree, especially with his injury history. He’s an old 31

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Totally agree, especially with his injury history. He’s an old 31
    I don't necessarily want the guy, but he may be on his way to a Vince Carter-lite career.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huh....I went through our San Antonio and Austin rosters and couldn't find a Puka on or team?
    Maybe you're thinking of someone else or being childish and calling somebody a name who isn't even around to defend themselves?
    You must be really cool.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huh....I went through our San Antonio and Austin rosters and couldn't find a Puka on or team?
    Maybe you're thinking of someone else or being childish and calling somebody a name who isn't even around to defend themselves?
    You must be really cool.
    This your first day on Spurstalk?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This your first day on Spurstalk?
    I see sarcasm is lost on you

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Any team in the NBA can offer a scrub and a future 1st round pick for Rose but it makes no sense for the Spurs to give up a future 1st rounder for Derrick. This team might miss playoffs and they would need that 1st round pick. Marco and a future 2nd round pick I would do and if Detroit says no say have a nice day. I like the idea of starting Rose and benching Forbes.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have an inside source on this?
    no tanking nor trading assets for potential lottery picks... its enough

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teams can get built through trades by adding the right players. I go back to that Piston team that traded superstar Grant Hill. There team consisted of players who were somewhat average or toward the end of their career. Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace, Rip Hamilton, Chancy Billups, and Okur were all added by trade. It is not about finding players, but finding the right players who can play together.

i really thought Carroll would fit that bill, but Pop refuses to give him burn so he need to go priority one. We can be an elite defensive team with a couple more of the right pieces and the removal of minutes to those who cannot or will not play defense.

Thread Information