Jalen Smith
    Tyler Bey
    Robert Woodard II
    Zeke Nnaji
    Daniel Oturu
    Xavier Tillman
    Reggie Perry
    Paul Reed

You included Tyler Bey and left Saddiq Bey off completely? (He led all 6'8"+ players in 3P%) Saddiq has to be considered a strong Tier 2, with the possibility of making a lot of FO's kick themselves once he hits the floor.

You didn't consider Tyrese Halliburton worthy of any spot on the list? (Word is his rehab is going well. He's a damn good 3P shooter and defender, on top of everything else.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You included Tyler Bey and left Saddiq Bey off completely? (He led all 6'8"+ players in 3P%) Saddiq has to be considered a strong Tier 2, with the possibility of making a lot of FO's kick themselves once he hits the floor.

You didn't consider Tyrese Halliburton worthy of any spot on the list? (Word is his rehab is going well. He's a damn good 3P shooter and defender, on top of everything else.)
    I think his tiers are players he thinks may drop to 11. Notice also no Wiseman, Ball, etc. it’s not an approach I’d take, trying to spitball what might be available in a spot.

I’ll probably do a first round board, or maybe at least a lottery one. It won’t be a mock, though, because it will disregard team needs. It will be a big board of the players ranked by my estimation of best available in order. Way too soon for that, now, though.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has anyone heard if the NBA is really going to host a combine-light in Orlando? I would love to see some honest measurements and maybe agility drills and verts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has anyone heard if the NBA is really going to host a combine-light in Orlando? I would love to see some honest measurements and maybe agility drills and verts.
    The only thing I’ve heard is that they’re likely to do something on a regional basis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Tyler won DPOY and his defense has impressed me more from what I've seen between the two players.

As far as Tyrese... I currently dont think he's a tier 1 point guard (i dont look at it as just from this draft, but i consider if he would be a tier 1 point guard in other years) and i wouldnt draft a tier 2 point guard over a tier 2 forward. This could change as I watch more of Tyrese...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think his tiers are players he thinks may drop to 11. Notice also no Wiseman, Ball, etc. it’s not an approach I’d take, trying to spitball what might be available in a spot.

I’ll probably do a first round board, or maybe at least a lottery one. It won’t be a mock, though, because it will disregard team needs. It will be a big board of the players ranked by my estimation of best available in order. Way too soon for that, now, though.
    Nah, these are players I've spent a lot of time watching

I dont have Ball or Wiseman on there because I havent watched enough of either (i dont include prospects who are the "consensus" without having watched them)

There are others Ive purposely left off that I *have* watched like: Saddiq, Vassell, maybe some others I dont remember. I just dont like them as prospects.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tyler won DPOY and his defense has impressed me more from what I've seen between the two players.

As far as Tyrese... I currently dont think he's a tier 1 point guard (i dont look at it as just from this draft, but i consider if he would be a tier 1 point guard in other years) and i wouldnt draft a tier 2 point guard over a tier 2 forward. This could change as I watch more of Tyrese...

Meh. That's reasonable. A lot of FO's are going to see it differently, but I understand what you're doing with your own list now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sugus objective

Look at the defensive play at 4:48

This is what makes Precious REALLY appealing to me at #11. He is extremely mobile and everywhere on the court and for a player his size that's extremely impressive. I'm waiting on timvp for a thread on Precious...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sugus objective

This is what makes Precious REALLY appealing to me at #11. He is extremely mobile and everywhere on the court and for a player his size that's extremely impressive. I'm waiting on timvp for a thread on Precious...
    Also, show me a player who can do what he did at 5:51 to 6:02. This guy is rising my ranks again.
    Sugus objective look_at_g_shred timvp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sugus objective

Coast to coast at 26:50.

I dont care if people call him a center. These types of plays are game changing. Dude is a gamer.

Check out the crossover at 32:25. He's a "center"
    Last edited by Dejounte; 08-24-2020 at 07:42 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't watched anyone yet, but it would be great to have a badass named Precious. That is all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, show me a player who can do what he did at 5:51 to 6:02. This guy is rising my ranks again.
    Pick up a loose ball and shakily dribble to opposite arc? Maybe I'm not seeing what you are in that sequence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pick up a loose ball and shakily dribble to opposite arc? Maybe I'm not seeing what you are in that sequence.
    And hit the 3. (okay the play was pretty much over, but people say he cant shoot. I see potential there)

No other prospect right now that is his size can do that. (actually, maybe Reggie Perry)

It looks like nothing special, but when you watch a ton of these guys, it's rare to see something like that from a guy like him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clutch bucket at 1:22:46
    Sugus objective

Can guard small guards at 1:23:10

Lateral quickness at 1:24:00 and 1:31:50
    Last edited by Dejounte; 08-24-2020 at 08:43 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sugus objective

yeah, Precious. I've been aboard the bandwagon for months, I think I've talked about him in this very thread. He was the first prospect for this season's draft that I fell in love with, and you make some great points. His mobility is really intriguing, he can perfectly add vertical threats and finishes to the team, and he looks like he has a solid handle (and even though he doesn't shoot the 3 much, he doesn't look like he has bad mechanics; that play at 6m was a really good display of it. Gets the hustle ball save, takes it all the way up the court, is fouled and still makes a clean 3pt shot that didn't count due to previous foul).

I especially like his screen-setting; you can see at 14:10 the way that he sets up screens for his teammates, where he doesn't go for the hard screen but rather positions himself well enough to hinder the defender's path, but not try to make actual contact, which allows him to recover extremely fast while rolling to the rim for a finish or follow-up. I saw a video not long ago on another young big man who did this (I thiiink it was Jarret Allen but I'm not 100% on that, maybe I'll look for it later) and how effective it was. Achiuwa certainly looks like a really modern player and prospect, I'd love to have him at #11 even though I've already seen some draft mocks placing him in the top 10.

E: oh, you talked about the non-counting 3pt play earlier, I missed that. Yeah, I'd really like Precious, I think he and Luka could make an excellent duo if Luka pans out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, Precious. I've been aboard the bandwagon for months, I think I've talked about him in this very thread. He was the first prospect for this season's draft that I fell in love with, and you make some great points. His mobility is really intriguing, he can perfectly add vertical threats and finishes to the team, and he looks like he has a solid handle (and even though he doesn't shoot the 3 much, he doesn't look like he has bad mechanics; that play at 6m was a really good display of it. Gets the hustle ball save, takes it all the way up the court, is fouled and still makes a clean 3pt shot that didn't count due to previous foul).

I especially like his screen-setting; you can see at 14:10 the way that he sets up screens for his teammates, where he doesn't go for the hard screen but rather positions himself well enough to hinder the defender's path, but not try to make actual contact, which allows him to recover extremely fast while rolling to the rim for a finish or follow-up. I saw a video not long ago on another young big man who did this (I thiiink it was Jarret Allen but I'm not 100% on that, maybe I'll look for it later) and how effective it was. Achiuwa certainly looks like a really modern player and prospect, I'd love to have him at #11 even though I've already seen some draft mocks placing him in the top 10.

E: oh, you talked about the non-counting 3pt play earlier, I missed that. Yeah, I'd really like Precious, I think he and Luka could make an excellent duo if Luka pans out.
    He brings a certain toughness and "nasty" that you said Pat appeared like he lacks. He would compound the physicality Keldon already possesses. I'm at a point where I would be really disappointed if someone nabbed him in the top 10 and we learn that the Spurs had him as a top target. Hopefully he doesn't rise like Sekou Doumbouya, whom I really believe the Spurs targeted before he rose in last year's draft (based on the reported last minute workouts).
    Last edited by Dejounte; 08-24-2020 at 09:48 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He brings a certain toughness and "nasty" that you said Pat appeared like he lacks. He would compound the physicality Keldon already possesses. I'm at a point where I would be really disappointed if someone nabbed him in the top 10 and we learn that the Spurs had him as a top target. Hopefully he doesn't rise like Sekou Doumbouya, whom I really believe the Spurs targeted before he rose in last year's draft (based on the reported last minute workouts).
    For sure, the motor/physicality thing I talked about on PatWill is exactly what I meant, in regards to "you either have it or you don't" kind of energy. Precious is an aware defender, his deceptive quickness allows him to recover really well, I can see him doing a solid job of defending the perimeter and switching out which is a must for modern 4/5 players. With Keldon continuing to improve his handles and ball-handling in general, they could be a deadly duo and possible P&R partners, or with White even; Achiuwa's jumping and strong finishing are exactly what Poeltl lacks to be a true threat there. In fact, I see a "death lineup" with Achiuwa as a fast C with four of our guards besides him wreaking havoc; imagine a lineup of White-Lonnie-Keldon-Demar?/Luka when he develops-Achiuwa. Length and shooting at every position, solid D from everyone but DD/Luka maybe, ability to play hard in transition and pick up the pace, plenty of ball-handlers and playmaking. I think that's a really good foundation right there; then next year you tank a little for the supposedly loaded '21 draft, and get your star.

I've been really flopping around in terms of prospects the last few days/weeks lol, there's so many guys that seem equally likely to succeed for different reasons and I could see the Spurs taking any one of them. Hopefully the FO manages to get something out of one of the vets that played well during the bubble; I think Rudy Gay and another filler could be the center of a small deal that might get us a late first-rounder. With the Spurs' track record and uncertainty of this year's draft, I'd be ecstatic, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coast to coast at 26:50.

I dont care if people call him a center. These types of plays are game changing. Dude is a gamer.

Check out the crossover at 32:25. He's a "center"
    By the way, these two plays are insane. Especially the second one. Achiuwa absolutely crosses his defender, leaves him in the dust; he was a strong jump in the paint away from a poster dunk there but couldn't finish. That's really something you don't see in a player his size, and exactly the kind of moves/abilities that make players succeed in the NBA. That combination of strength, lenth, height and skill is nothing to sneeze at. The more I watch his games, the more convinced I am that he's my guy, which is something that neither Vassell nor PatWill really made me feel, even though I like their games enough. If he works on his shot he has the opportunity to be a nightmare and shoot over everyone, at 6'9'' you absolutely take a flyer on him. I'm scared that some other team in the top 10 falls in love with him, and snatches him away before we pick; I don't think it's a ridiculous idea to consider trading up for him, if rumours are strong enough that other teams might take him before the Spurs. I trust the FO to make the right move...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably an unpopular opinion given our guard problem but I would love to get a second first round pick and try to grab tyrell terry or Kira Lewis. I think we may look back at these two point guards as top ten players in this draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve always been a fan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Achiuwa is just too flawed in too many key elements of the game for him to be seriously considered by me, tbh. A lot of things would need to go right with his development for him to become an efficient piece in today's NBA. With his current skillset he projects to be a Keneth Faried type player at best, and, sorry, but that won't cut it in today's NBA. I don't know who said above that he displays better playmaking skills than Patrick Williams but that's simply not true. Williams already has an advanced midrange pull up game that Achiuwa doesn't have. Also shows better visions and passing.

Like I said in the Edwards thread, you can teach a young player te al and tactical aspects, but you can't teach him smarts and feel for the game. Achiuwa just looks like a kid that got by in college by being more athletically and physically gifted than 99% of the other guys but doesn't display a single trait of sophistication on his game.
    Last edited by DAF86; 08-25-2020 at 12:01 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sugus objective

He's a credible player in their range. He didn't play against great compe ion, but he couldn't help that. He is quick and active and ambitious. Can he improve enough to be a starter?

I don't doubt that he's already better than Samanic.

If Samanic played as hard as Precious maybe he'd be farther along.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a credible player in their range. He didn't play against great compe ion, but he couldn't help that. He is quick and active and ambitious. Can he improve enough to be a starter?

I don't doubt that he's already better than Samanic.

If Samanic played as hard as Precious maybe he'd be farther along.
    The Luka pick was weird because the Spurs organization always goes on and on about drafting hard working players but Samanic seems like a slacker with no motor. Buford might have had blinders on and overlooked these flaws because of his skills(which still haven't translated to the G-League)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Luka pick was weird because the Spurs organization always goes on and on about drafting hard working players but Samanic seems like a slacker with no motor. Buford might have had blinders on and overlooked these flaws because of his skills(which still haven't translated to the G-League)
    He’s doing just fine in the gleague. 15.2/7.8 in 28 minutes ain’t bad. His motor may be a concern, or he may just be immature, you know, 20. Not everyone is a high motor guy like Keldon. If they were, the classification of “motor” wouldn’t exist. If he’s at least an average motor guy, he’ll play for 10 plus years in the NBA, as currently cons uted. The rebounding numbers give me hope. Rebounding is about desire, and he’s pretty good at it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yay more waiting.

Thread Information