Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who starts doesn't matter and Pop is known for his crazy subs utions but who do you see ideally closing the games for the Spurs on the current roster now that it will be healthy. I guess I see DWhite, Dijon, DePression, Keldon and the LMA/Poodle combo (LMA is the game is tight and we need points Poodle if we have a lead and need the defense). It gives us three ball handlers two of which can really play defense, Keldon's youth and athleticism, and some veteran leadership from LaMonster and DDR.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray, White, KJ, DDR, Aldridge/Poeltl

Might have Mills in the backcourt with either Murray or White for some games though with DDR, KJ and LMA/Poeltl

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl closing is scary. He brings the best defense in the paint, but can this guy learn how to shoot his freethrow, at least so not getting hacked when the game is tight?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray/White/Johnson/Derozan/Poetl ( Aldridge)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl closing is scary. He brings the best defense in the paint, but can this guy learn how to shoot his freethrow, at least so not getting hacked when the game is tight?
    Agree but if you need some D he is by far better than LMA. Lamarcus with his 35 years old is a liability on the perimeter. If you need some offense then no doubt go with LMA.

What Pop did last games is good, Poetl played until last 4 or 3 minutes in the 4th and then Lamarcus close the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have a lot of choices, which is good.
    I'd imagine that it is largely situational depending matchups, who's hot, etc.

There's always the chance that Pop sticks with more known commodities like DD, DJ, Mills, LMA and Gay.

However you slice it, only 5 can play. We have the pieces to matchup with many teams.

On another note, Boston played a 13-man rotation against us. Is this common for them? Very curious.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who cares watch the game n enjoy it pop is always gonna surprise you anyway...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ About the least surprising of all NBA teams.

If DD can be convinced to mix it up and sometimes pass off during final possession scenarios, Spurs will be that much better. Ya ya he hit the game winner vs Boston and that was a very good play by DD. Stopped quickly, got shot up very quickly thus averting any chance of getting blocked. That have been said, totally bad defense by Celtics. DD's man got rubbed out on a screen which he made zero attempt to go around. Leaving......Tristian Kardashian to guard Derosian. Major error by Boston and excellent pull up by DD. Was worried he was gonna do one of his layed out layups, miss and then whine for the foul whether he got fouled or not.

So, if DD can make himself a shoot-pass threat then bravo, bring it on. That's gonna require a higher BBIQ then Pop has displayed since DD got here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes Poodle end of close game needs to be strictly a D / timeout-whatever sub out for O possession. (if possible).

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think anyone should be a guaranteed closer and that's the beauty of this roster.
    DDR and Derrick when he's back to full form will probably always be closing.

LMA depending on if his shot is falling and then the last two spots are up for grabs, depending on the matchup and who had a better game.

Thread Information