Page 80 of 134 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 3328
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You must be joking...no team with DDR and LMA as it's foundation will EVER contend...no matter who is added to it...they need to be traded ASAP
    You misunderstood my comment (that's an old comment, wow). I meant shopping Murray (I still think it's the best option, especially now that he's garnering league-wide recognition, tbh), in addition to dropping LMA/DD (which is the only real way to add a lottery pick this season to our young core). I see the Spurs resigning DeMar still, sadly... His big scoring games and mentorship role over the young players (who seem to be blossoming this season) will probably trigger the Spurs' sense of continuity, and they'll try their best to keep him. Not that I'm good with that, but it is what it is.

Additionally, I think over the past 4 weeks since that comment, it's been made abundantly clear that LMA is not a part of neither a medium/long term future, nor a short-term one, so that's one thing less to worry about. I honestly think there's about a 70% chance that DeRozan is still with the Spurs next season, much to my chagrin, and especially if the Spurs whiff out on Collins or whichever FA they go after with the capspace - so it'll be interesting to see which other vets go and what roster changes are made. At its core, I don't see the Spurs FO being anywhere close to wanting to tank out a year or multiple ones, so it's easy to see what path they'll try to take.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean White is just so much better at defense than Lonnie that I don't know if we shouldn't bring Lonnie off the bench. You gotta figure with more playing time and rhythm that Derrick's shot will begin to fall.
    lonnie should be coming off the bench for the reason you indicated but also because i just feel that white and murray are a solid fit together in the backcourt. i hope to see walker off the bench tonight and going forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    U are overrating White ...there is never a time when he plays like the centerpiece for a championship team...jesus christ
    At their core, I truly think the Spurs are a centerpiece away. (...) White is that man some days, but he's both inconsistent and far too fragile to be considered a "centerpiece".
    Bruh.... reading comprehension.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Took a while but he definitely looks like a great value at his current contract. He seems like a guy who wants to stick around. Yesterday was his best game and very impressive vs a quality opponent. Now all we need is White to get his feet wet so both these guys can be our dominating back court!

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neither of them seems to understand that the real centerpiece is Keith Bogans, and he ain't walking through that door.

Well, maybe as an assistant coach?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You misunderstood my comment (that's an old comment, wow). I meant shopping Murray (I still think it's the best option, especially now that he's garnering league-wide recognition, tbh), in addition to dropping LMA/DD (which is the only real way to add a lottery pick this season to our young core). I see the Spurs resigning DeMar still, sadly... His big scoring games and mentorship role over the young players (who seem to be blossoming this season) will probably trigger the Spurs' sense of continuity, and they'll try their best to keep him. Not that I'm good with that, but it is what it is.

Additionally, I think over the past 4 weeks since that comment, it's been made abundantly clear that LMA is not a part of neither a medium/long term future, nor a short-term one, so that's one thing less to worry about. I honestly think there's about a 70% chance that DeRozan is still with the Spurs next season, much to my chagrin, and especially if the Spurs whiff out on Collins or whichever FA they go after with the capspace - so it'll be interesting to see which other vets go and what roster changes are made. At its core, I don't see the Spurs FO being anywhere close to wanting to tank out a year or multiple ones, so it's easy to see what path they'll try to take.
    Ok I understand...we are pretty much on the same page... except for the trading murray part...he is my favorite player...but in the end, 8f the package is right, I'll take it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How did I miscomprehend? You said there are days when he is the man...I'm saying even on those days he never looked like a centerpiece to me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok I understand...we are pretty much on the same page... except for the trading murray part...he is my favorite player...but in the end, 8f the package is right, I'll take it
    Yeah. Agree. That trade package better be gooooooooood.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean White is just so much better at defense than Lonnie that I don't know if we shouldn't bring Lonnie off the bench. You gotta figure with more playing time and rhythm that Derrick's shot will begin to fall.
    I agree that Lonnie could be the odd man out in some ways. The second unit makes sense but he would be competing with Patty for shots who is even more trigger happy than Demar. If Patty is gone, I think Lonnie could fit into that sparkplug, quick trigger type of player if he is given the green light and his assertiveness increases.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that Lonnie could be the odd man out in some ways. The second unit makes sense but he would be competing with Patty for shots who is even more trigger happy than Demar. If Patty is gone, I think Lonnie could fit into that sparkplug, quick trigger type of player if he is given the green light and his assertiveness increases.
    Patty doesn’t dominate the ball the way that DD does.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Patty is the kind of player that if Pop told him to focus on setting Lonnie up and relay that to Lonnie...
    At least one of them would respond.
    Maybe both.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me it's a paradox. I agree that DD dominates the ball, yet he seems to actually get assists. Patty seems more egalitarian in his personality, but it definitely feels like he is looking to score at every point. Perhaps more to my point, Lonnie and Patty together might seem redundant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Top 5 projected pick in 2021 Jalen Green looks and plays like Dejounte Murray, IMO. Only the first game, so obviously he could play a lot better than this and show us that he's more than a DJ Murray.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Top 5 projected pick in 2021 Jalen Green looks and plays like Dejounte Murray, IMO. Only the first game, so obviously he could play a lot better than this and show us that he's more than a DJ Murray.

I hate the whole idea of the Ignite. It’s just another stacked team, like they’re too good to go through the draft pool and play with regular gleague players. They almost lost their first game, and needed 50 YO Jarrett Jack to bail them out. The only game I really care about winning in the Gubble is #15, Spurs vs. Ignite.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/wa...arriors-jersey

Steph Curry not only is a phenomenal basketball player, but he’s also a great dude too.
    He sent a signed Warriors jersey of his own to San Antonio Spurs guard Dejounte Murray, saying “sky’s the limit” and to “keep going.”
    Murray wrote in his Instagram story Wednesday that Steph was “a real one and a legend forever.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

he is a way better athlete than Murray which is one of the reasons he is going to get drafted super high. This kid is a really great athlete and his shooting stroke is already okay looking.

I do see where you are coming from as far as play style it’s a bit similar

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he is a way better athlete than Murray which is one of the reasons he is going to get drafted super high. This kid is a really great athlete and his shooting stroke is already okay looking.

I do see where you are coming from as far as play style it’s a bit similar
    For sure. I was going to edit in there "without the hops" but I declined to

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I see more Giannis than Murray. Kid looks like he will be pretty good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see more Giannis than Murray. Kid looks like he will be pretty good.
    This is the video I meant to post. Watch this instead.
    <b><a href="https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=51537" target="_blank">D-Robinson 50 fan</a></b>

D-Robinson 50 fan

This captures turnovers and misses. Looked exactly like DJ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the video I meant to post. Watch this instead.
    <b><a href="https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=51537" target="_blank">D-Robinson 50 fan</a></b>

D-Robinson 50 fan

This captures turnovers and misses. Looked exactly like DJ.

I agreed their styles are some what similar in my post. Lol

looking at this video makes me kinda take back my comment on his shot though. Lol. He has a kinda push type shot. I think Murray has a more open/ wider right to left crossover he loves to do but yeah their approach is similar offensively

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Check out the TOs as well

2020-21 Regular Season
    Date OPP Result MIN FG FG% 3PT 3P% FT FT% REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
    Tue 3/2 vsNY W

119-93
    31 6-16 37.5 3-7 42.9 2-2 100.0 6 6 0 3 2 1 17
    Mon 3/1 vsBKN L

124-113 OT
    37 8-15 53.3 1-2 50.0 2-2 100.0 6 8 0 0 3 2 19
    march 37.0 8.0-15.0 53.3 1.0-2.0 50.0 2.0-2.0 100.0 6.0 8.0 0.0 0.0 3.0 2.0 19.0

Date OPP Result MIN FG FG% 3PT 3P% FT FT% REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
    Sat 2/27 vsNO W

117-114
    37 7-16 43.8 2-4 50.0 2-3 66.7 6 7 1 3 0 0 18
    Wed 2/24 @OKC L

102-99
    32 12-20 60.0 0-1 0.0 3-4 75.0 9 6 0 2 3 0 27
    Sun 2/14 @CHA W

122-110
    32 10-22 45.5 0-5 0.0 6-6 100.0 12 6 0 2 0 0 26
    Fri 2/12 @ATL W

125-114
    25 7-13 53.8 2-3 66.7 0-0 0.0 6 5 0 1 2 0 16

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    38 AST versus 3 TO in the last 6 games. Hot damn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was a time when ball protection for him was a problem. And catch and shoot 3s. And an effective mid range game. I guess to get picky he could improve his finishing at the rim WHICH is greatly improved too.

Gotta like what he has done to improve. Stay healthy young buck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve always liked him and believed in his development but I’d never have thought he’d become a low turnover, high AST to TO type of PG.

Thread Information