Page 45 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 2178
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope stay with exact same players next year we will have a better record if healthy. But I agree we need slightly better talent then Cunningham and Poindexter for some reason I think one of them will be on Spurs staff next season.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How low in the draft could they move down by packaging the 19th and 29th?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sooo ... I don't see Chuma Okeke anywhere on an early entry declared list. Deadline is April 21. I hope he doesn't stay in school, I could see him as a Spurs pick easy

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chuma okeke just declared, heres hoping he is still available at 29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He will be don’t know if we draft him and pay him one for sitting in rehab

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my draft big board:

1. Zion Williamson
    2. RJ Barrett
    3. Ja Morant
    4. DeAndre Hunter
    5. Coby White
    6. Rui Hachimura
    7. Keldon Johnson
    8. Jarrett Culver
    9. Bol Bol
    10. Jaxson Hayes
    11. Bruno Fernando
    12. Charles Bassey
    13. Ty Jerome
    14. Goga Bitadze
    15. Darius Garland
    16. Nickeil Alexander-Walker
    17. Cameron Reddish
    18. Louis King
    19. KZ Okpala
    20. Nassir Little
    21. Sekou Doumbouya
    22. Mfiondu Kabengele
    23. PJ Washington
    24. Cameron Johnson
    25. Daniel Gafford
    26. Brandon Clarke
    27. Chuma Okeke
    28. Tyler Herro
    29. Romeo Langford
    30. Ignas Brazdeikis

* this is a deep draft, for our first pick #19 i hope Bitzade fall to us, if not one of the wing in the 17-21 range are fine enough... for our later pick #29 i really hope we can get a one of the wings Okeke/Cam Johnson to fall to us, or at the very least one of the athletic bigs Gafford/Clarke...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my draft big board:

1. Zion Williamson
    2. RJ Barrett
    3. Ja Morant
    4. DeAndre Hunter
    5. Coby White
    6. Rui Hachimura
    7. Keldon Johnson
    8. Jarrett Culver
    9. Bol Bol
    10. Jaxson Hayes
    11. Bruno Fernando
    12. Charles Bassey
    13. Ty Jerome
    14. Goga Bitadze
    15. Darius Garland
    17. Cameron Reddish
    18. Louis King
    19. KZ Okpala
    20. Nassir Little
    21. Sekou Doumbouya
    22. Mfiondu Kabengele
    23. PJ Washington
    24. Cameron Johnson
    25. Daniel Gafford
    26. Brandon Clarke
    27. Chuma Okeke
    28. Tyler Herro
    29. Romeo Langford
    30. Ignas Brazdeikis

* this is a deep draft, for our first pick #19 i hope Bitzade fall to us, if not one of the wing in the 17-21 range are fine enough... for our later pick #29 i really hope we can get a one of the wings Okeke/Cam Johnson to fall to us, or at the very least one of the athletic bigs Gafford/Clarke...
    It’s an awful draft. This may go down with 2000 as one of the worst ever. The talent just drops off a cliff after the first three picks. I’m so glad we’re not in the lottery. Teams picking in the top ten will get late lottery/post lottery talent. Oh, and LOLBoston. ava year to have three first rounders. F Danny Ainge. 😀

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s an awful draft. This may go down with 2000 as one of the worst ever. The talent just drops off a cliff after the first three picks. I’m so glad we’re not in the lottery. Teams picking in the top ten will get late lottery/post lottery talent. Oh, and LOLBoston. ava year to have three first rounders. F Danny Ainge. 
    Imo That's not an awful draft , You Will have a lot of good role Player , This draft is loaded with Young guns who should be good in 2-3 years
    Last edited by duncan2150; 04-21-2019 at 02:54 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s an awful draft. This may go down with 2000 as one of the worst ever. The talent just drops off a cliff after the first three picks. I’m so glad we’re not in the lottery. Teams picking in the top ten will get late lottery/post lottery talent. Oh, and LOLBoston. ava year to have three first rounders. F Danny Ainge. ��
    Don't think I agree. I suspect that there are a bunch of decent players in this draft. The issue is that the talent has not differentiated itself. For example, I am confident that one or two (maybe even 3 or 4) of the following are going to turn out to be good bigs: Kabengele, Bassey, Gafford, Fernando, Bitadze, Queta (if he stays in), Claxton (if he stays in), Reid, tu (not to mention Bol Bol, Porter and Hayes). How to tell the sheep from the goats is the challenge, and it's one that the Spurs have demonstrated a lot of skill at. A draft like this can (and IMO likely will) result in a good player falling to us...

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now I like Rui or Keldon Johnson for 19. And then Okpala, Cameron Johnson, or Roby for the 29th pick. Maybe Okpala at 19 if those 2 are gone

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dembouya + Okeke . One can be stashed/seasoned and the other can be red-shirted. Then hopefully we can get a known talent with upside like Taurean Prince. I still want to look at Stanley Johnson / Huestis / Moore this off-season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s an awful draft. This may go down with 2000 as one of the worst ever. The talent just drops off a cliff after the first three picks. I’m so glad we’re not in the lottery. Teams picking in the top ten will get late lottery/post lottery talent. Oh, and LOLBoston. ava year to have three first rounders. F Danny Ainge. 
    2000 had 3 payers make an all star team all three made just 1 NBA all star game (coincidentally the 2004 draft). Think there is good talent outside of the lottery with the chances to be good.

If Zion hits, then this draft will already be significantly better than the Kenyon Martin lead class. three all stars is a very low bar to clear. No way this class will be worse than 2000, likely not even close.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The latest mock from NBAdraft.net has a new name at 29 - Kris Wilkes out of USC. He's listed at 6'8" on their board. He's not. He's yet ANOTHER 6'6" player in socks, who has somehow grown two inches ahead of the draft. He had people hyping him as a lottery pick last year, and when that wasn't going to happen he went back to USC for his sop re year.

Believe.
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Nassir Little is a nice player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone going to the draft this year? I’ve been 3 years in a row and it’s great.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nassir Little is a nice player.
    He'll be gone at least 10 spots before we pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This draft is weird Little and Rui are now all over the place seen Rui in a couple of mocks going 20 and 21 and seen one were Little was taking by us recently. So either they going 12 to 15 or falling past us? I wish we could trade or buy one of Philly high Second draft pick lots of players with talent that I would not mind taking a gamble on.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This draft is weird Little and Rui are now all over the place seen Rui in a couple of mocks going 20 and 21 and seen one were Little was taking by us recently. So either they going 12 to 15 or falling past us? I wish we could trade or buy one of Philly high Second draft pick lots of players with talent that I would not mind taking a gamble on.
    Mock drafts are always schizophrenic. But this year seems to be worse than normal. Maybe it's because there's a whole new crop of Millennial "journalists" who are writing for a while new crop of internet-only sports publications. I've seen guys projected in the top 10 who are also projected as second-rounders. Sometimes it's the same website, just a week or so apart.

I mentioned it above, but I'm also getting a little tired of guys being listed with totally bogus heights in all these mock drafts. I've been told recently that there are a lot more publicists now, working the media to try and generate some buzz for players ahead of the draft. And that even college coaches are working it, because if it even sounds like one of their guys has a shot at being a lottery pick, it helps them with recruiting. I don't know if any of that is true, but from some of the things I think there's some truth to it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel that if the Spurs bring over Milutinov he could really help right away. Bringing him over would slow the need to draft another player who can only play the 4/5. If for some reason the front office has a guy who plays that position high on their board then they should of course grab them but Milutinov's draft rights could be traded. The guy is playing well in a good league and can most likely be a solid NBA player.

Hopefully we are able to grab a good 3&D wing player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel that if the Spurs bring over Milutinov he could really help right away. Bringing him over would slow the need to draft another player who can only play the 4/5. If for some reason the front office has a guy who plays that position high on their board then they should of course grab them but Milutinov's draft rights could be traded. The guy is playing well in a good league and can most likely be a solid NBA player.

Hopefully we are able to grab a good 3&D wing player
    How's Milutinov going to help right away? He's a true center who's not better than LaMarcus, and is not better than Poeltl. No need to pay a third string center a big chunk of the MLE. He's off the rookie scale now, and can up his asking price.

If you pick some kid at #29, he can be had for like ~$1M and change.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my draft big board:

1. Zion Williamson
    2. RJ Barrett
    3. Ja Morant
    4. DeAndre Hunter
    5. Coby White
    6. Rui Hachimura
    7. Keldon Johnson
    8. Jarrett Culver
    9. Bol Bol
    10. Jaxson Hayes
    11. Bruno Fernando
    12. Charles Bassey
    13. Ty Jerome
    14. Goga Bitadze
    15. Darius Garland
    17. Cameron Reddish
    18. Louis King
    19. KZ Okpala
    20. Nassir Little
    21. Sekou Doumbouya
    22. Mfiondu Kabengele
    23. PJ Washington
    24. Cameron Johnson
    25. Daniel Gafford
    26. Brandon Clarke
    27. Chuma Okeke
    28. Tyler Herro
    29. Romeo Langford
    30. Ignas Brazdeikis

Brandon Clarke is all over the charts in mocks-- it's going to be interesting to see where he goes. Statistically, the only college player who impresses more than Clarke is Zion. The thing I like about him is how defensive minded he is, which is something that will most likely translate to the NBA. One pretty convincing article (https://www.thestepien.com/2018/12/0...nba-potential/) mentions his potential as both a big wing and a small ball center. He shares a similar history with Derrick White as an older player who transferred to a Major school for a year and put up impressive numbers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On one hand SA has the means to move up or move back for more attractive 2nd round picks by giving up 29. On the other hand they may not feel the need to move up if there isn’t a big gap from picks 10-19.

Will be very interesting to see what SA does this draft.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How's Milutinov going to help right away? He's a true center who's not better than LaMarcus, and is not better than Poeltl. No need to pay a third string center a big chunk of the MLE. He's off the rookie scale now, and can up his asking price.

If you pick some kid at #29, he can be had for like ~$1M and change.
    If your in win now mode you bring Nikola over as it takes bigs two years to grasp offense and defensive schemes. The only center who could play right away would be Goga but then you have used 2 first round picks on a Center. That’s why I want us to either bring him over or use him in a trade I think he could get us 13th pick and second round pick for Nikola and our 19th pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If your in win now mode you bring Nikola over as it takes bigs two years to grasp offense and defensive schemes. The only center who could play right away would be Goga but then you have used 2 first round picks on a Center. That’s why I want us to either bring him over or use him in a trade I think he could get us 13th pick and second round pick for Nikola and our 19th pick.
    That statement makes absolutely no sense. If you're in win now mode, why bring over a player that will take two years to develop? That's not "winning now". He'll also be third string. He'll also want to be paid. Guards an wings are the future. You won't need more than maybe two post players on your roster, and we already have that.

Oh, and check the rosters in Europe. You could put together a pretty credible team of Spurs draftees that never came over. It happens.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand I just hate having throwing away a first round draft pick for nothing. So I agree I would rather use him in a trade to move up in this draft grab our starting SF as bringing him would cost to much $$.

Thread Information